Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central/Allen Central Scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard these two teams had a scrimmage today. How did these teams look? Anybody got any info.?
AC looked decent. They are fielding a young team this season after looking 6 starters to graduation last year.

Catcher: Ethan Conley (Senior- first year starter)
First:
AC looked decent, considering they lost 6 starters to graduation last season. The Rebels will field a young team this season with only 3 returning starters.( Juniors Scott Little and Alex Hammonds and Sophomore Josh Prater).

Catcher: Ethan Conley Sr.
First: Josh Manuel Jr.
2nd: Chad Nelson Fr.
SS: Alex Hammonsd Jr.
3rd: Hunter Crowder Fr.
LF: Logan Crowder Fr.
CF: Chris Stumbo Fr.
RF Jordan Hale Sr. ( Sophomore Josh Prater is out of town).
Pitcher: Scott Little Jr.

Hammonds, L. Crowder, H. Crowder, Nelson and Stumbo also pitched for AC last night. Josh Prater will also pitch this year. The Rebels have some work ahead of them this season with only 3 returning starters and limited Varsity experience for the rest. The Rebels like others have struggled with field time- AC's 15th region tourney run, sharing the field with BLHS and then dealing with the rain has been a problem. On a positive note- L. Crowder, H. Crowder and Nelson all reached base on singles last night- with bases loaded Freshmen Chris Stumbo sent one flying over the left field fence for a Grand Slam. Little, Hammonds and Conley had some good hits last night as well. AC travels to ALC on Saturday to scrimmage JBS.

They open at home on Monday (March 26) against Phelps.
3/27 vs. Sheldon Clark
3/29 vs. Pikeville
3/30 at Powell Co.
3/31 vs. Magoffin County
4/3 vs. Cordia.
The Rebels are trying to get a few under their belt before 15th region all A starts April 4th or 5th.
I played last season for AC, and there is some young talent there. Stumbo will be a good outfielder, and I think L. Crowder will be a decent pitcher once he gets some experience. H. Crowder is will become a really good third basemen, and Prater (if he sticks with it) will be really good as well. They will struggle throughout the year, but they are young. They will return a bulk of the players for next year, so I look for this season to be somewhat of a rebuilding year, but it will ultimately be a learning experience at the varsity level for most. Good Luck this season, Rebels. I'll be following you throughout the season.
AC has some good young talent. I just cant see this team making a run at the region title, they will walk through their weak district though. Coach Johnson should get in touch with Coach Horne who was assistant for Patton and see what he is doing these days. He would be a great asset for this team.
AC is young this season and I don't look for them to make a region title run either. There is too much inexperience on the Varsity level right now. They should do well in the district though.
How did Perry Central look???