Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 53 Wolfe County 39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Irvine

I'll have stats in a few
Wolfe (13-13): 10-6-11-12 -- 39
Estill (17-7): 12-14-10-17 -- 53

Wolfe (13-13): Stone 13, King 11, Landsaw 7, Johnson 6

Estill (17-7): A. Doty 14, Bonny 13, Benton 6, L. Doty 5, Isfort 2

Wolfe had a 6-3 lead and once Estill took the lead, that would be all she wrote. Estill had a 16 point lead at one point late in the 4Q before subbing the bench. Wolfe kept starters in whole game.
K. Richardson 13 also scored 13 for EC
Great job SK.
Wolfe was without one of their starters, which would make a huge difference in how the inside game would of went. He was ejected in the Sayre game.
Patriot train Wrote:Wolfe was without one of their starters, which would make a huge difference in how the inside game would of went. He was ejected in the Sayre game.

Did it make a difference when Estill won in Campton earlier in the year? Confusedhh:
jumpshooter Wrote:Did it make a difference when Estill won in Campton earlier in the year? Confusedhh:
Big difference in how they have been playing since Dec 19th, and yes it would of made a difference. Not saying they would of won the game, just stating a fact. Everyone is so touchy!:igiveup:
Patriot train Wrote:Big difference in how they have been playing since Dec 19th, and yes it would of made a difference. Not saying they would of won the game, just stating a fact. Everyone is so touchy!:igiveup:

I would agree that everyone is playing differently. The two teams are trending in very different directions. Not in the right direction for the Wolves. And great for the Engineers other than one slip up last week against Breathitt.
jumpshooter Wrote:I would agree that everyone is playing differently. The two teams are trending in very different directions. Not in the right direction for the Wolves. And great for the Engineers other than one slip up last week against Breathitt.
Didn't Wolfe beat that same Breathitt team Estill slipped up on by 30? Confusednicker:
And who has Estill beaten to show that they are trending up, questionable Pulaski game? won't even get into that one, Lee county twice, poor Fleming county,bottom of the region Buckhorn, 8th or 9th ranked in region Powell county? who wouldn't be trending up playing those teams. Whatever boosts your confidence. We will see how it goes when they travel to Perry and play any of the other top 6 teams in the region. The only team they have played in that direction is poor Letcher Central and they only beat them 2. :biggrin:
WHY DON'T THEY PLAY ANY OF THE TEAMS THAT ARE GOOD????? Perry, Knott, Hazard, Cordia, Leslie
Patriot train Wrote:Wolfe was without one of their starters, which would make a huge difference in how the inside game would of went. He was ejected in the Sayre game.

What starter? Estill was also without one of their starters in O'Hair...
Patriot train Wrote:Didn't Wolfe beat that same Breathitt team Estill slipped up on by 30? Confusednicker:
And who has Estill beaten to show that they are trending up, questionable Pulaski game? won't even get into that one, Lee county twice, poor Fleming county,bottom of the region Buckhorn, 8th or 9th ranked in region Powell county? who wouldn't be trending up playing those teams. Whatever boosts your confidence. We will see how it goes when they travel to Perry and play any of the other top 6 teams in the region. The only team they have played in that direction is poor Letcher Central and they only beat them 2. :biggrin:
WHY DON'T THEY PLAY ANY OF THE TEAMS THAT ARE GOOD????? Perry, Knott, Hazard, Cordia, Leslie

They do play Hazard @ Hazard. I do agree tho, I think Estill should play Perry. If your gonna make the drive to play Hazard, why not schedule Perry Central too, except, have it set up to where you go to either Hazard or Perry and have the other school come to you, so your not driving to Hazard twice a year.

I'm also guessing you forgot, Boyd County who is a contender in their region and they demolished Franklin County who handled Cordia pretty easily. Both were on neutral courts, by the way...They only lost to Pairs by 4 who is a darn good team in the 10th region.
Wolfe has been playing better as of late. So I would say trending up from where they were. But they have been not been as strong as everyone thought they would be.
Strikeout King Wrote:They do play Hazard @ Hazard. I do agree tho, I think Estill should play Perry. If your gonna make the drive to play Hazard, why not schedule Perry Central too, except, have it set up to where you go to either Hazard or Perry and have the other school come to you, so your not driving to Hazard twice a year.

I'm also guessing you forgot, Boyd County who is a contender in their region and they demolished Franklin County who handled Cordia pretty easily. Both were on neutral courts, by the way...They only lost to Pairs by 4 who is a darn good team in the 10th region.

They should definitely schedule to play them, especially when the region is at their place. seems like they would at least want to get into the gym the region is going to be at and play.

Didn't forget about them, just didn't want to bring up all the losses against the good teams! Every good team they played was an L. Boyd, Paris, South Laurel, Harlan County, Madison Southern, Somerset all good teams, and all losses. Yes it will make them better playing better teams, just don't understand why they don't play the teams in the 14th.
Patriot train Wrote:They should definitely schedule to play them, especially when the region is at their place. seems like they would at least want to get into the gym the region is going to be at and play.

Didn't forget about them, just didn't want to bring up all the losses against the good teams! Every good team they played was an L. Boyd, Paris, South Laurel, Harlan County, Madison Southern, Somerset all good teams, and all losses. Yes it will make them better playing better teams, just don't understand why they don't play the teams in the 14th.

To be honest, Estill had a cold shooting night against Somerset. If they were to play again, either at Estill, Somerset or on a neutral court, I think Estill wins. Estill had Mad South down 10 at one point in the 2Q. If I'm not mistaken Estill had the lead against Jackson County, Harlan County and Paris and ended up losing them. I don't know how you lose a game when you have a 4 point led with 20 secs to play.
Strikeout King Wrote:They do play Hazard @ Hazard. I do agree tho, I think Estill should play Perry. If your gonna make the drive to play Hazard, why not schedule Perry Central too, except, have it set up to where you go to either Hazard or Perry and have the other school come to you, so your not driving to Hazard twice a year.

They quit scheduling those teams when they would not make the trip to Irvine. It has been awhile since Perry or Hazard has made the trip west. But its okay because they are Hazard and Perry, right? Too good to travel to play region teams?
I'm anxious to see who Coach Bentley has for next season. I know they are playing in the 2A Classic....I'm pretty sure they have Jackson County coming to Irvine. I'm wondering if the KY Bank Challenge and Bobby Keith Classic are two year contracts?