Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be the new coach at UK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
My top ten list of UK coaching position candidates and why they need to be hired:
1. Sean Sutton---non drinker
2. Denny Crum---needs a job--hear his show with Joe B. is gonna get canned!
3. Mark Starnes, isn't he looking for a job?
4. Rodney Rowe (Paintsville never could beat him)
5. Saul Smith (Tubby Part II)
6. The General (cause that's the only way he'd play in Rupp)
7. Dwayne Casey-- at least he tried to recruit
8. Dean Smith----he ain't dead yet
9. John Wooden---an oldy but a goody
10. Hal Mumme---at least his teams would pass!
OK?
I love Kentucky more than anything, but whoever the next coach is, well I feel sorry for them. Will be down at least a couple years and the way Kentucky fans are thasts unacceptable so he will probably get tired of it quick.
Come Home Rick
Need to get some Ky boys in the UK men's basketball program that play more for the name on the front of the jersey rather than the one on the back!!!!JMOThese boys from Detroit, and these big city boys, don't have the same heart and "get-up" about them, and i don't think they realize what it means and how fortunate they are to put on that University of Kentucky uniform. JUST MY OPINION
Rumor has it is that Donovan bought a house in Lexington about 2 months ago. Go figure.
Crossbones Wrote:Rumor has it is that Donovan bought a house in Lexington about 2 months ago. Go figure.
Who said that?
Crossbones Wrote:Rumor has it is that Donovan bought a house in Lexington about 2 months ago. Go figure.

Really? Isn't his wife from the area? I hope Donovan will give UK serious thought...I think he might especially if his junior "group" leaves... I hope UK is patient for couple of weeks and lets March Madness get finished. Dont know if they will---or can afford to with the recruits?
I don't think there is any way Florida will let Billy go. I don't think Donovan would want to go right now anyway. I think Calipari(sp) at Memphis may take a strong look at it though.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Need to get some Ky boys in the UK men's basketball program that play more for the name on the front of the jersey rather than the one on the back!!!!JMOThese boys from Detroit, and these big city boys, don't have the same heart and "get-up" about them, and i don't think they realize what it means and how fortunate they are to put on that University of Kentucky uniform. JUST MY OPINION

Don't think you'll see that till the next time U.K. gets smacked with violations and us Ky. boys are the only ones left to fill the roster. We may be a little low on talent but we make it up in heart. That's what was special about the unforgetables. They got playing time they would not have gotten had the program not been in trouble and everyone else headed for higher ground.
alfus21 Wrote:Dude. People can like two teams. They do it all the time. I am UK through and through and UK will always be my primary team but I like Tubby and I will now root for Minnesota as well. There is nothing wrong with having two teams to root for.
No they can't! If your UK through and through how do you have room for the Aluminum Gophers. Rooting for 2 teams???? I bet you root for Loiusville in the NCAA. Sad very sad.

I Bleed Blue no other color.
Horse Head Wrote:Who said that?

It is from a very high political power in Pike County, and he would know.

That doesn't mean squat. When Steve Spurrier bought a home in Central Ky everybody thought he was coming to take over the football team.
heard earlier on espn that travis ford could be in the running too....no offense but is he ready ?? it's one thing to PLAY at kentucky for us fanatic fans ...and definitely a whole new level to coach.. we're hard to please!!! i'm all for tubby being gone ...long over due for his plane ticket lol..
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:I don't think there is any way Florida will let Billy go. I don't think Donovan would want to go right now anyway. I think Calipari(sp) at Memphis may take a strong look at it though.

Actually ESPN analysis Pat Forde, says that Florida's AD was asked about the matter and if he'd allow UK to speak with Donovan, and the AD says, It a free world, and I don't think I can stop anyone from contacting Billy D about his job. Plus the Florida AD has offered a contract extension to Billy D, and he hasn't made any attempt to discuss it with the AD. So Billy D may be the next UK Head Coach after the season is over for the Gators.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Im still not counting out D'antoni. And Id like to see Few, Pelphrey, Izzo (I just like Izzo, lol), and Ford's names mentioned.... now that the biggest job in the country has a job opening, there will be several big name coaches' names thrown around. I would still love to see Pelphrey, as I know many of you think he isnt capable of leading a major D1 program, but thats what my heart says. But Id love to see D'antoni come to Lexington. The state and the fans will love him and his style. Its going to be a big blue circus until somebody is hired.
D,Antoni is the best choise by far,,no one even close
DevilsWin Wrote:No they can't! If your UK through and through how do you have room for the Aluminum Gophers. Rooting for 2 teams???? I bet you root for Loiusville in the NCAA. Sad very sad.

I Bleed Blue no other color.
Its Tubby you will be rootin for just like people that started rooting for Louisville, when Pitino went there,I dont see anything wrong with that.
This time next year everyone will be big blue crazy,,even alfus, he wont be feeling this way next year about Minnesota.
bizmark Wrote:fan is short for fanatic. how can you be a fanatic for two different teams? either you bleed blue or ya dont.
I didnt say they would be your 2nd favorite team,,I just said rootin for them.
I think coaches are overpaid and it gets to where their more news than the team,,Pitino is the best example.
Minnesota will be a team to watch,,,thats for sure.
Horse Head Wrote:I think this says it all
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketb...y/10080776
:thumpsup:
Old school Dawg Wrote:Minnesota will be a team to watch,,,thats for sure.

they cant even compete in the big 10. tell me 1 thing that will make them a team to watch.
I personally am hoping for either Billy Gillipsie, or Rick Pitino, but Jai Lucas will come here regardless i believe, but patterson we all know is all but ready for the Gators, and we already have aj stewart signed and we will get this years Mr. Basketball in my mind. Tubby is gone YAY, I wish him luck.
bizmark Wrote:they cant even compete in the big 10. tell me 1 thing that will make them a team to watch.
tubby you knucklehead!!
Another name to throw out there is Pat Riley.
Does anybody think Tennessee's Bruce Pearl may be interested. I have no basis for that, just wanted to toss it out there because he's not been mentioned and there's probably a good reason why.

Maybe West Virginia's John Beline?
DevilsWin Wrote:That doesn't mean squat. When Steve Spurrier bought a home in Central Ky everybody thought he was coming to take over the football team.

Never said it did mean squat! All I said was he bought a house.
Hopefully someone that was in the UK program before
I wished Tubby didnt leave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6