Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elizabeth Edwards' Cancer Returns, John Edwards Campaign to Continue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WASHINGTON — Elizabeth Edwards, wife of presidential candidate John Edwards, has had a recurrence of cancer and it has spread from her breast to a rib bone, her husband announced Thursday.
He said the bone cancer can not be cured, it can only be treated.
"The biopsy showed the cancer had returned, it was malignant. Later in the day we did a CT scan ... the CT scan showed very little. So the net result of all the tests is that her cancer is back, it is largely confined in bone, which is a good thing," the candidate said from their hometown of Chapel Hill, N.C.
Despite the news, Edwards is making no plans to suspend his 2008 presidential bid. He and his wife attended a campaign-related barbecue in their hometown of Chapel Hill, N.C., on Wednesday night. The couple is going together to California, Boston and New York for events scheduled through the weekend.
"The campaign goes on, the campaign goes on strongly," Edwards said.

• Visit FOXNews.com's You Decide 2008 Center for complete coverage.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,260301,00.html
Very sad news... I hope she gets better
My prayers are with her and her family.
I said a prayer for Mrs. Edwards and her family. I like them as a couple & family. I like him the best of all those Dems.
If this is something that can not be cured... we should all pray for the entire family.