Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (15)Tennessee 61 (24)Kentucky 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we had Boogie and Wall's team and we lost to West Virginia in the final four Cal said he'd never take timeouts to the locker room with him again. He did exactly that tonight and it costed us a win at home. He just try to let Alexander go one on one two possessions in a row both resulting in turnovers.
I really believe the players are losing these games!!!! If he scores great play by player, he does not so blame the Coach....no one play in any game wins or loses, every play is important.
Confusednicker:

Let's wait for the resident apologist to chime in
This is a reason why I'm not a fan of Cal. Start keeping players for 2-3-4 years instead of pushing them out the door and saying "Oh if you come to Kentucky, I'll get you to the NBA within a year". if your that so worried about players going to the NBA, then go be a freakin' NBA coach and leave the college coaching level alone.
I still can't stand Knoxx. He does nothing but stand around, jackup 3's when he can't hit the side of a barn, and tonight added yelling at teammates who make mistakes instead of getting back to play defense. Hope he goes pro after this year.
This team just are not shooters! Don't hustle! Feel G-Alexander and Green need to be on the floor together and more.
BlueSky Wrote:I really believe the players are losing these games!!!! If he scores great play by player, he does not so blame the Coach....no one play in any game wins or loses, every play is important.

Every ball coach you ever talk to will say "players win games, coaches lose them"
This team does not know how to win.
All that 'length' and no one that can shoot the daggone ball. That was a tough game to watch.
Little to no team ball. Seems that they stand around and take turns going one-on-one. Looking more and more like a NIT team. I see only a couple of them that have actually improved since the beginning of the season. One of the most selfish team in the Cal era.
this is the first time since 1998/99 season, Tennessee Sweep UK. and this is the 3rd time Tennessee won at UK since 1979. Great game Tennessee.
cj2561 Wrote:this is the first time since 1998/99 season, Tennessee Sweep UK. and this is the 3rd time Tennessee won at UK since 1979. Great game Tennessee.

Reason enough to fire Cal
if it would be easy to find when Cal for come to UK. how many people talking bad at Cal, was saying all stuff like he is the best coach and stuff like that. I will say this again, Cal is not a X's and O's coach.
SEC Standings as of today.
1. Auburn (9-1) 21-2
2. Tennessee (8-3) 18-5
3. Florida (6-4) 15-8
4. Mississippi State (6-5) 18-6
4. Kentucky (6-5) 17-7
4. Missouri (6-5) 16-8
4. Alabama (6-5) 15-9
8. Arkansas (5-6) 16-8
9. Texas A&M (4-6) 15-8
9. LSU (4-6) 13-9
9. Georgia (4-6) 13-9
12. South Carolina (4-7) 13-11
12. Ole Miss (4-7) 11-13
14. Vanderbilt (2-8) 8-15
The upcoming road games at Texas A&M and Auburn are going to be rough.
UK doesn't make it past 2 round of SEC Tourney and will be NIT bound.
cj2561 Wrote:if it would be easy to find when Cal for come to UK. how many people talking bad at Cal, was saying all stuff like he is the best coach and stuff like that. I will say this again, Cal is not a X's and O's coach.

I don't know if I've ever seen a UK fan call him a great X and O coach. He's more of a jimmy's and joe's coach because it takes great players to work for Cal's system. He's always lived by the let the players play mentality but in years like this when we obviously don't have the best players it starts to show.
This UK team is not short on raw talent. This team does not have a guard who excels at creating open shots for his teammates. That is not the players' fault, it is a failing of their recruiter. It is very difficult to win NCAA titles without great point guards.

Calipari excels in a lot of areas that make him a great fit at UK. He is a great recruiter. He handles the media very well and he is a great promoter of UK's basketball program.

None of UK's teams since Calipari was hired, including this one, should be concerned about missing the NCAA tournament. I would bet that Bruce Pearl would jump at the chance to trade rosters with Calipari.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This UK team is not short on raw talent. This team does not have a guard who excels at creating open shots for his teammates. That is not the players' fault, it is a failing of their recruiter. It is very difficult to win NCAA titles without great point guards.

Calipari excels in a lot of areas that make him a great fit at UK. He is a great recruiter. He handles the media very well and he is a great promoter of UK's basketball program.

None of UK's teams since Calipari was hired, including this one, should be concerned about missing the NCAA tournament. I would bet that Bruce Pearl would jump at the chance to trade rosters with Calipari.

Because he knows he could do much more with the talent than Calipari can. He is a much better coach.
Spud6 Wrote:I don't know if I've ever seen a UK fan call him a great X and O coach. He's more of a jimmy's and joe's coach because it takes great players to work for Cal's system. He's always lived by the let the players play mentality but in years like this when we obviously don't have the best players it starts to show.

when everyone find out that Cal is coming to UK. this site blow up, how 99% of the people say how he is a great coach.
cj2561 Wrote:when everyone find out that Cal is coming to UK. this site blow up, how 99% of the people say how he is a great coach.

Well I can't speak for the rest of BBN but I say that he's a great coach because of recruiting and I believe there are different types of coaches. Cal is a great recruiter but not a great x and o guy. But you have people who are great x and o guys who are also great coaches. I think there are different types of coaches.