Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Under Appreciated Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's start a thread about players that may not get the attention they deserve. We all know at least one or two that are great players, but are overlooked. Let's give them a little bit of spotlight.
Stewart kid from Corbin
Anders from South
Gray from North
Superfly Wrote:Stewart kid from Corbin
Anders from South

Sorry. Thought this was the boys
they can do one of two things. they can start a row player or sit the bench. or they can get in the gym to try to get better.
Lainey Cox from HC - Leading the state in Field Goal Percentage, having a heck of a year. I could only imagine what she would be doing if she had gotten the playing time the past couple of years she should have.
Pretty sure that this is a thread started to get someone's daughter mentioned.....

As for Cox, she was behind an all stater...

And the final comment... underappreciated by who? I'd say most coaches know which players butter their team's bread.
I was not meaning that Cox should have gotten time over either of our 2 all-stater, but I do believe she should have gotten more time with our two all-staters at the 4 position.
Hall girl from Williamsburg flies under the radar.
Anyone who does the "little things" that might not show in the books: setting screens, blocking out, deflecting the ball, playing solid defense, etc.
Agree completely about Gray from North .Blocks/alters a ton of shots, can hit the three ball, and can finish well at the hoop when she decides to go. I think she has just as much potential to be a star as any other kid in the 13th.
If I was to guess they meant more by a casual fan or media as opposed to a coach. I don't think there are unappreciated kids in the coaches eye. Like you said, these coaches know what their kids can do. I agree with you on that.
E's Army Wrote:Hall girl from Williamsburg flies under the radar.

Most overlooked, underrated player in Region. Scores, guards other teams best player, leads team in steals, handles ball well. MVP for the Burg.:1:
reason she's overlooked is they don't play a good region schedule outside their district... Clay, Harlan county, North Laurel, Knox Central - schedule those teams and then you get recognition. She is a very talented player though.

Presley Partin doesn't get talked about either. she's averaging about 17 a game, and could be best 3 point shooter in region. And only a Freshman.
Cox at HC without a doubt. She's stepped in and done a wonderful job this winter.
Johnson girl from Menifee. Coming back from missing last year with knee surgery, she is now getting back to playing the way she was before the injury.
ProudPanther Wrote:Pretty sure that this is a thread started to get someone's daughter mentioned.....

As for Cox, she was behind an all stater...

And the final comment... underappreciated by who? I'd say most coaches know which players butter their team's bread.

I don't have a child that plays. I am just an avid lover of the sport and love promoting players from our area. So I am not trying to get a specific child's name mentioned. I believe you don't have to be a 30 ppg player to be a great player. Unfortunately, the 30 ppg players are the players that get the most attention. To me, that generally leads to selfish play. My favorite players are the well rounded players. The players who play great defense, can handle the ball, who assists their team, but also manages to get on the board.
Speaking of HC. I think the McDaniel girl is under appreciated. I really like her game. Has to be the best 6 man in the region
Emma Hibbitts at south is by far the best 6th man in the 13th Region. Hibbitts is a senior who's a great defender and shooter and is extremely athletic.
Great defenders as so often overlooked because we do not recognize important defensive stats. We should.
What player are you referencing? I think south's coach knows where his bread is buttered. He basically has 6 kids. Hard to believe he doesn't know what he has and doesn't appreciate them.
VincentVega Wrote:South's best player seems under appreciated by her coach a lot of the time.

Glad Walker took your Advice and played the Under Appreciated player last night. Don't know if he would've won it without your help!
[Image: fdPe7Mb.png]

If you people want to talk underappreciated, then right here it is, wowza!!! Try takin care of ole fatpat's order when I cruiz through the freakin door.........

#peoplejustdontunderstand More mash taters please!!!
VincentVega Wrote:South's best player seems under appreciated by her coach a lot of the time.
Coach sits any kid that aint playing hard or just not into the game that nite. Almost every time I have seen him do it the kid comes back in more focused and plays much better.
ky playmaker Wrote:Coach sits any kid that aint playing hard or just not into the game that nite. Almost every time I have seen him do it the kid comes back in more focused and plays much better.

Who is the under appreciated player? Walker has to have an asst over there to make sure that they are playing this player?
ky playmaker Wrote:Coach sits any kid that aint playing hard or just not into the game that nite. Almost every time I have seen him do it the kid comes back in more focused and plays much better.

#2 from Whitley, #00 from Harlan Co and #15 from Pineville MOST Under Appreciated in the Region!!!