Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SFMS Raiders what happened.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It appears Coach Johnson's overblown ideal of a ball team did a face buster last night and today. Perhaps he should have prepared them to play rather than teaching them to toot their horn.

Boys will be boys.
Reality time for the mini raiders
Often good team that people talk about and build up dont deliver for what ever reason, Im sure this group will rebound and I hope they stay together to see what they can accomplish.
They have no reason to drop their heads.
So in other words the majority of us were correct and they ended up getting beat well thats all folks.
i didnt expect anything more.
Hopefully in a few years they will be ready to step up and play varsity. They have a few players that could help in the future if they continue to play. Some probably should have stayed back a year because at this level that makes a huge difference and I personally don't see anything but good things coming out of doing that. They can't do that and play again in the 8th grade or they would be like the players from Betsy Layne and not be eligible their Sr year.
"Wyatt Earp" Wrote:Hopefully in a few years they will be ready to step up and play varsity. They have a few players that could help in the future if they continue to play. Some probably should have stayed back a year because at this level that makes a huge difference and I personally don't see anything but good things coming out of doing that. They can't do that and play again in the 8th grade or they would be like the players from Betsy Layne and not be eligible their Sr year.

Well unless they are just too old then just because they get held back doesn't mean they won't be playing. And I seriously doubt anyone is going to get held back knowing they will be too old to play as Seniors.
it has happened at BL
I can tell you what happened.... SF is not nearly as good as the Floyd County faithful built them up to be... No offense, but they really are just not that good...
I have to disagree. The boys are just as good as any other team you put them up against. The reason to why they lost Friday was because they were exhausted from the bus ride down there and then they stayed up all night which hurt their playing on Saturday. The boys were just happy to make it down there. They accomplished what they set out to do and I couldn't be prouder of them.
If they set out to go two and out, then yeah they accomplished what they set out to do. Otherwise, they were a huge disappointment. And no they are not as good as any competition that you put them up against. They lost two games, both by susstantial margins. Just face it... your team is not as good as you made them out to be. Big Grin
"DTfan" Wrote:I have to disagree. The boys are just as good as any other team you put them up against. The reason to why they lost Friday was because they were exhausted from the bus ride down there and then they stayed up all night which hurt their playing on Saturday. The boys were just happy to make it down there. They accomplished what they set out to do and I couldn't be prouder of them.

Yeah they definitely made it down there. Considering you didn't have to win anything to go...
Sf was overrated by the Floyd County faithful point blank. The Hi Hat rowdies said they could beat Virgie by around 5-6 points and got beat by 30 against a team that Virgie beat so i think it is now obvious who had the better team. :-) . Is SF good yes but not as good as u all put them to b. And u cant blame staying up late for a loss nor the bus ride all montain teams took the same bus ride just the better teams won.
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Sf was overrated by the Floyd County faithful point blank. The Hi Hat rowdies said they could beat Virgie by around 5-6 points and got beat by 30 against a team that Virgie beat so i think it is now obvious who had the better team. :-) . Is SF good yes but not as good as u all put them to b. And u cant blame staying up late for a loss nor the bus ride all montain teams took the same bus ride just the better teams won.
There were some nice showings by mountain teams. Virgie (of course) 1st place, Dorton tied-5th, Carr Creek tied-5th, June Buchanon -Sweet 16, Corbin -Sweet 16. The mountains really showed they can play in last weekends tourney.
Congrats to all mountain teams. Not all Floyd County bball fans talked up SF. This Floyd County fan said SF was good but Virgie and Dortin are always very good teams. SF should not have any excuses, when you play in this type of tourney then you come with your A game. They had time to prepare. The kids from SF are good players but need a lot of work before they are great, something else I have said before. Maybe this tournament help them realize that it takes a lot of hard work and less talk to be great. i watched them play in a couple of games this year, not in state, and never thought they were a great team.
Why so much negativity? The boys tried and that should be all that mattered. If Floyd County did "blow them out of porportion" it was because everyone else (these posts are proof) put them down and said they were no good. Whats wrong with giving some young kids a little confidence before they play in the state tourney?