Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who was the best Basketball Center or Power Foward in the mountains?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Know the season is over but I know some one who is looking to get some big men on an AAU team so who was some good big men from this past season? Lets not make this an all gaurd thread but who was some of the shooting gaurd and small foward stand outs from this past season?
Elkhorn City, Pikeville, Inez, and Belfry had some nice big kids.
Any names?
Coleman from Johns Creek
Taylor Ratliff for Pikeville
..jacob mclanahan from ec..
Joey Pinson, Morgan Bentley from Belfry.
Does any of these boys have the potential to compete on the national level?
The_Pistol Wrote:Does any of these boys have the potential to compete on the national level?
Smile yeah right, most of them cant compete on the state level
The_Pistol Wrote:Does any of these boys have the potential to compete on the national level?

Depends on what age you will be playing in.

The kids from EC is not going to be able to get up and don the floor with most top AAU teams.

The kid from Pikeville along Bentley and Pinson from Belfry would be your best bet. Pinson is the most athletic of the 3 but is still a little awkward. The kid from Pikeville is the most polished while Bentley is the strongest.

I can get you in touch with Anthony Strothers if you are really needing a big time kid, but his dad is a little different
I would love if you could get me in touch with Anthony Strothers. I heard he left the state. We really need a big time player down low to complete our team.
What AAU team will this be?
NEXT Wrote:Depends on what age you will be playing in.

The kids from EC is not going to be able to get up and don the floor with most top AAU teams.

The kid from Pikeville along Bentley and Pinson from Belfry would be your best bet. Pinson is the most athletic of the 3 but is still a little awkward. The kid from Pikeville is the most polished while Bentley is the strongest.

I can get you in touch with Anthony Strothers if you are really needing a big time kid, but his dad is a little different
Personally i dont think much of those three post men.Pinson has height but is not polished at all. Bentley maybe the strongest, but is pretty slow is not much of a basketball player and is more of a football player.I am just not really impressed with the kid from pikeville. I just dont think we have that great of post players. We have more of a guard dominaint league. There are NO great post players in our league but if i had to choose i would take Pinson because of his height.
Well we used to be just plain Betsy Layne. We have qualified for the national tournament two years straight. We got second in the state two years ago and the followed it up with an 8th place finish in the National Classic tournament. Last year we finished third in the state losing two the eventual state champs by 7. They went on to finish third in the nation. But we now have got a couple new players from different schools and hopfully have enough talent to win a state title and compete for the national title. We just need a good post man two completer our team. We was going to try to get Anthony to be on our two last summer but we was told he was playin for pikeville and then moved to ohio.
We are changing our name to the East ky somthin. We havent decided yet. We are going to let all the players decide when we get our full team together. I believe Anthony would enjoy playing ball with this group of kids their very talented.
I will be getting in touch with Anthony's dad tomorrow. If he will let me I'll pm you his #
Alright thank you
austin adkins #25 from millard and #23 brent taylor can score real good down low or on a fast break
What about johnson centrals middle school team. I heard they had a pretty good player who wore the jersey number 23. Anyone have any info on this kid?
EC's jacob wad huge and had power. but he had no energy hardly or skillz....they train him. boy oh boy
Hobert Asher from Leslie Co. He's 6'3 and was dominate in the middle school games last year will be an 8th grader next year.