Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky... Are we in the South, Midwest or East?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our old Kentucky home.... it borders seven different states, but our border states all are considered to be in different geographical areas.

- Indiana, Illinois, Missouri Ohio, Midwestern states.
- Tennessee, Southern state.
- West Virginia & Virginia, Eastern states.

I think of Kentucky as a Southern state, but I live in the very Eastern part of the state. I did a post a few years back, I started a thread called "The Six Different Kentucky's". Everybody seemed to have a different opinion about the separation lines I drew on the map.

So what do you think we should be listed as?
It should stand alone!!!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:It should stand alone!!!

Wink

I kind of agree with you Granny Bear.

The Tennessee border counties and the counties east of Winchester would riot if Kentucky was listed as a Northern Mid-West state.

The counties from Bowling Green over to the Mississippi river and those counties that border Indiana, Illinois and Ohio would riot if Kentucky was listed as a Southern state.

Yes, I know some of the counties I have mentioned overlap. I don't wanna write out all the counties that I would need to, just pretend the majority of the geographical areas I'm using are accurate to the point I'm making.