Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top guards in the 14th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are the top pure point guards in the 14th region?
Caleb Stidham @ Letcher 😳
I love watching Joe Benton from Estill Co.
Richard Cornett is up there for sure, crazy athleticism.
Stone is definitely the best, those other two are pretty good as well. All I know is Stone is first. Those are a couple off of the top of my head.

Stone - Wolfe
Bonny - Estill
Benton - Estill
McDonald - Cordia

Back - PCC if he is classified as a guard, he is in a pick em with Estill's Bonny. Honestly, I would prefer Back.
The Ole Man Wrote:Stone is definitely the best, those other two are pretty good as well. All I know is Stone is first. Those are a couple off of the top of my head.

Stone - Wolfe
Bonny - Estill
Benton - Estill
McDonald - Cordia

Back - PCC if he is classified as a guard, he is in a pick em with Estill's Bonny. Honestly, I would prefer Back.

We aren’t talking about just scoring or spot up shooting. We are talking pure point guards. Kids who are athletic, quick, have a good handle and make their teammates better and make good decisions. The players you named are talented but they are not pure point guards and only affect the game by volume shooting and weak defense.
Bstidham47 Wrote:We aren’t talking about just scoring or spot up shooting. We are talking pure point guards. Kids who are athletic, quick, have a good handle and make their teammates better and make good decisions. The players you named are talented but they are not pure point guards and only affect the game by volume shooting and weak defense.

So by "pure point guards" you mean guys who are only capable of passing and dribbling while not being good at anything else?

I'll give you that a couple of those guys are just scorers, but McDonald may be the best all-around guard in the 14th.
zaga_fan Wrote:So by "pure point guards" you mean guys who are only capable of passing and dribbling while not being good at anything else?

I'll give you that a couple of those guys are just scorers, but McDonald may be the best all-around guard in the 14th.

I am talking about players who play hard and can score obviously but on nights their shot isn’t falling can impact the game other ways and keep the team focused and composed. Get others in position and make good basketball decisions. Someone who fills the stat sheet and not dependent solely on their own scoring ability to define them.
Regardless of how many times we're asked to rank the guards around here and what quantifies a good guard...

Give me McDonald over at Cordia, Bennett from Buckhorn or Pelphrey from Hazard if we're asking to pick some guards around here.

Leslie has several solid guards but I would be hard-pressed to pick a single one - Probably Nick Hoskins if you put a gun to my head.
zaga_fan Wrote:Regardless of how many times we're asked to rank the guards around here and what quantifies a good guard...

Give me McDonald over at Cordia, Bennett from Buckhorn or Pelphrey from Hazard if we're asking to pick some guards around here.

Leslie has several solid guards but I would be hard-pressed to pick a single one - Probably Nick Hoskins if you put a gun to my head.

We can agree on McDonald but I would take Stidham from LCC and Caudill from Knott as the top three.