Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McCracken County 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They have a nice group returning can they the next step?
My take is that they can, but more than 2-3 good skill players must come along. The numbers have been there in the squad size but some still having to go both ways. I'm disappointed in the support the County population in attending several of the games. The students come out for the Tilghman game and couple others but with2 thousand students it looks like only 3-4 hundred participate. The Band is missing in action about half the time. The chair seats are half empty. The Team plays hard and does well, just haven't got over the hump yet. I go to every game and stay until it is over.
Most thought MC would be a powerhouse and while they are pretty good they are no powerhouse. Look for MC to do about the same in the regular and post season which leaves the more ardent fans wanting more.
Disgusted with school/band support. Great coaches. Auxiliary Facilities for a new school are weak. Fieldhouse and weight room half the required size. Participation is appalling. We have a 4A turnout. Its like high school football is dying in this county. Will be decent next year with improved line play??? Big if......need this yrs freshman to fill a lot of holes. We have a wapping 11 sophs coming back. Pathetic
This is actually kind of the opposite of what I'm expecting. I was one of those in the early going that thought that McCracken could be an eventual power. I even expressed that on here. I however have noticed a great decline in the talent between the 2016 and 2017 seasons. Then you add in another coaching change already. I think this spells doom. The kids at PT are liking their new coach and system. I kind of expect to see some of the high caliber athletes that live in that area to switch to PT. I think the rolls of the two teams are about to make a reversal.
I thought McCracken would be an annual power. They have underachieved.
New schools always start herky jerky once they are around for 8-10 years and develop some alumni they can expect to do better on support of the revenue producing sports such as football and basketball. They are turning out lots of student athletes in nearly all the sports programs. Every group vying for support and dollars. The bar is high and everybody wants them to beat Mayfield and Tilghman every year which won't happen. They have done better than most in this area.