Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pad. Tilghman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can PT return to glory in 2018?
PT is going to be better IMO. But how good?

Looking forward to hearing what people think.
They return a decent group
They have an excellent coach now. If they give him a little time, the re-alignment will help them out and they will be back to normal prominence.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:They have an excellent coach now. If they give him a little time, the re-alignment will help them out and they will be back to normal prominence.

Good to hear High school football in Kentucky is better when PT is in title contention.
They seem to be happy with their new coach and system. They always have athletes. So, if this trend continues and they see a few switch from McCracken to PT, it could be close to a rebound this year.
Hope to see them get back to being competitive. They have been big under achievers for several years.
Malcolm Ex Wrote:Can PT return to glory in 2018?

No.
May be a transfer or two coming. Maybe not. Otherwise, the prior year patterns of winning the games you're expected to win and losing the games you expected to lose will probably play out as will something like a 7-5 season.

PT still has trouble getting kids out of the hallways and onto the field. But from all reports Steve Duncan is doing the job right and stressing the off season strength work.
I dont see Tilghman winning their District. They return a descent amount, but Caldwell County is absolutely loaded returning all 11 on offense, and i think 8 on defense.
Malcolm Ex Wrote:Can PT return to glory in 2018?
No.
Why do some think the only way Tilghman or McCracken can win is a few transfer from one to the other. Times have changed for both schools, it won't be long before most city kids will go to city schools and county kids will go county schools as the consolidation is forgotten. The annual game between them is usually the best game of the year for both schools. The Mayfield game along with the Graves County game ranks right up there as well. These 4 schools always have good close games that are hard fought usually amongst them.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see PT when against that loaded team that I saw a running clock put on last year.
I wouldn't be shocked, but I think this offense for Caldwell will be as good as they had with Sindelar, and Boyd. As far as Caldwell having running clocks put on them last year I don't see your point. Tilghman had them also by the same opponents. These 2 teams where very even last year, and the Tigers return more than the Blue Tornado. My 2 questions is will Caldwell get good linebacker play, since they return everything else. If not a team like Tilghman could keep there offense off the field most of the night. 2nd question is how much will Tilghman improve offensively since last year Duncan's offense was new to them. If they have bought in, and be more efficient they could do big things. Last year they seemed lost.
My point is that they weren’t too dog gone powerful, they let a smaller team put a running clock on them on their home field. I think PT played the Cards every bit as well as the Tigers did. That and it was the first year under a good new coach. I’m hearing around here that they will be a challenge for the Cards this year.
I wonder how many more years Duncan will coach. Sure would be a good thing for that storied rivalry if Duncan can turn them around. Pretty much every year from 2012 on you pretty much knew Tilghman was the underdog. Maybe he will be around awhile, and get this rivalry back to where it belongs. He did great at Murray, and he has even more athletes at Tilghman. I was present in 2009 when Murray hosted Ft Campbell who had been smoking everybody. That was a great game, and Murray gave them all they could handle.
PT completed 14 passes last year. Talk about foes being able to load the box with impunity. Ground and pound will only take you so far.

The possible transfers I mentioned were not from McCracken.
Sad to learn that Duncan has had to step aside as head coach for health reasons and informed the team of that Friday. Not sure what is going to happen.
PT cant seem to catch a break of late with coaches. I hope Coach Duncan fully recovers
With this news, PT is taken away back. I would not figure them to be in either of the top two spots in their district now.
Tica Wrote:Sad to learn that Duncan has had to step aside as head coach for health reasons and informed the team of that Friday. Not sure what is going to happen.
I hate to hear that Sad
Have heard the FB new coach will be PTHS Asst. Principal Jonathan Smith, who has been with the PT program since 2004 and worked with Perry Thomas, Randy Wyatt, Mike Rogers and most recently Duncan, where he was to be the OC this year. I think he also played for at Mayfield. Good choice given the extenuating circumstances.