Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Coach Lively
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell county had a great year with the New Coach Kyle Lively. The boys and community really liked what Lively brought out of the boys and the results. But with the losing of 11 Seniors does everyone think Lively will stay with Powell? Just wondering what everyones thoughts are?
lively is not leaving powell no time soon...yes he lost 11 seniors and alot of talent and next year may be a struggle year but im cetain thet coach lively will be at powell for at least 2 more season....he has some talent to fill the spots he lost....
He Will Not Leave Powell Count...there is to much potential coming from middle school and Banks and Kinser will step up and become leaders both vocally and on the floor
IF he was smart he would
NightFlier Wrote:IF he was smart he would

if you was smart you wouldnt run your mouth on here
I wonder if Lively will apply for the Montgomery Co. job? After Coach Rison,
who though successful, played a boring style of ball, Lively might be seen
as a welcome change, with his pressing, up tempo style.
lively is in the 14th region for a while...i dont believe hes leaving powell co for a while
Lively isnt going anywhere its all rumors...He Loves POWELL COUNTY...and his seniors to be next year
He will have more athletes next year than the team this year. Last years team had only a couple of athletes and they didnt see the floor much. NOTICE that i said ATHLETES and not skill players. Last year's team had better skill than this years team will have.But you can teach skill but the athleticism is there.Size wont be a problem this year. So i see another district title if they can play like a team. I see him staying for a couple more years and then leaving after the freshman this year graduate.
NightFlier Wrote:IF he was smart he would
I'm pretty sure he's an intelligent man. He didnt get Region coach of the year the past 2 years for nothing...I'm suprised Stepp from JBS didnt get it...since they were so "great" this year. Too bad he wasnt good enough though. Looks like lively was better.
breakingankles Wrote:He will have more athletes next year than the team this year. Last years team had only a couple of athletes and they didnt see the floor much. NOTICE that i said ATHLETES and not skill players. Last year's team had better skill than this years team will have.But you can teach skill but the athleticism is there.Size wont be a problem this year. So i see another district title if they can play like a team. I see him staying for a couple more years and then leaving after the freshman this year graduate.

He had alot more than just two athletes this year. No doubt next years team will not have some athleticism, but give this years team a little more credit than that. The majority of the time if you have a team with skill and good team work you will win every game. Talent and athleticism is a big key as well, but if you have someone thats really athletic and doesnt have basketball smarts then you could have trouble. I also see Lively staying for at least a couple more years. He has a great Junior, Sophmore, and Freshman class coming up, and with his work ethic he can really turn teams around.