Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leslie County 70 Letcher County Central 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats to Eagles.
E's Army Wrote:Congrats to Eagles.

Congrats to the refs they handed Leslie this game 😡😡
Good win for the Eagles.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Good win for the Eagles.

With the help of the worst officiating crew in the Region!! Don’t give all the credit to the team they had help!! Nothing against the players I am sure they are good kids and they have talent but this game was decided by the officiating not the players.
Can you please explain to me how the refs helped Leslie County win this one?
zaga_fan Wrote:Can you please explain to me how the refs helped Leslie County win this one?
Obviously, one of them threw the ball in, the other set a great screen, and the third came off the screen and got a sweet pass and hit a fade away jumper from the center line falling down. :lmao::Thumbs:TongueirateSho
C’mon now.
Other than the debacle at the end (which favored Leslie in no way) I felt this game was called pretty well.
What happened? Was there a fight?
Kincer and Stacy played well for LCC. Leslie scoring very spread out, Dixon leading the way for Leslie. Kincer finished with 24, 7 and 7.
jv game there were punches thrown and leslie got a player ejected
letcher shot 2 shots from the foul line and the ball , for two players throwing punches .
thats real fair
Congrats Leslie County Eagles :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
zaga_fan Wrote:C’mon now.
Other than the debacle at the end (which favored Leslie in no way) I felt this game was called pretty well.

Seriously the foul difference between the two was ridiculous. Letcher had 6 fouls before Leslie had 1 in the 1st quarter. Not mention at the end of the 4th the refs missed two huge walking calls on them. Do I need to go on? Oh yeah and let’s not forget that our coach was calling a timeout before a turnover and the ref looked right at him and failed to give it to us!!
zaga_fan Wrote:Can you please explain to me how the refs helped Leslie County win this one?

If you were at the game you would not even need an explanation. Go back and look at the foul difference between the two teams. Leslie was in the 1 and 1 before a single foul was ever called on them. The officials missed two walking calls in the final minute of the game, our coach called a timeout before we had a turnover and the ref completely ignored him, the officials walked off the floor with 1.7 on the clock after we made a 3 and let the clock expire before the ball was ever inbounded. So how do you not see how the game was decided by the officiating.
Believe me. I was there.

I must have missed the supposed walks.

As for the inbounds play, the clock should have never stopped when the ball went through the net. Leslie's coach was screaming for the kids not to inbound the ball because time can expire before they threw it in (which is what happened). One of the refs accidentally blew a whistle which is why there was confusion and the clock stopped. They walked off quickly for their safety lol
But let me get on my soap box for just a moment.

It always pains me to see people use the "foul count" argument when complaining about referees. If you have a play that upsets you... fine. If someone missed something... fine. But do not complain about the foul count. Some teams press and commit more fouls. Some teams like to drive to the basket and draw more fouls. Some teams just aren't disciplined defensively and foul more. Whoever had more fouls is a testament to the style of play, but NOT who the refs favored.

Refs have enough on their plate making sure they call the game right. They don't have time to make sure fouls are distributed evenly.
zaga_fan Wrote:But let me get on my soap box for just a moment.

It always pains me to see people use the "foul count" argument when complaining about referees. If you have a play that upsets you... fine. If someone missed something... fine. But do not complain about the foul count. Some teams press and commit more fouls. Some teams like to drive to the basket and draw more fouls. Some teams just aren't disciplined defensively and foul more. Whoever had more fouls is a testament to the style of play, but NOT who the refs favored.

Refs have enough on their plate making sure they call the game right. They don't have time to make sure fouls are distributed evenly.

Well they obviously called this one wrong! As for the walks you can not Eurostep and then dribble. But what happens they call a foul on our player after the walk! Also you can’t drag your pivot foot before you pass the basketball 🏀 that is taught in pee wee. As for the refs having to much on their plate, if they can’t do the job then let someone else. So what is your reasoning for the botched timeout our team didn’t get? Did they just miss it when he was in their ear calling it? As for style of play it was our team that was driving and getting hammered not Leslie. So don’t use the style of play argument when we were getting hand checks called.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Well they obviously called this one wrong! As for the walks you can not Eurostep and then dribble. But what happens they call a foul on our player after the walk! Also you can’t drag your pivot foot before you pass the basketball 🏀 that is taught in pee wee. As for the refs having to much on their plate, if they can’t do the job then let someone else. So what is your reasoning for the botched timeout our team didn’t get? Did they just miss it when he was in their ear calling it? As for style of play it was our team that was driving and getting hammered not Leslie. So don’t use the style of play argument when we were getting hand checks called.

Whatever you say, bro.

I thought Letcher Central played good enough to win it but you can't win em all. Both teams played hard and I think it's unfair to any player on the court last night to blame it on the refs.
zaga_fan Wrote:Whatever you say, bro.

I thought Letcher Central played good enough to win it but you can't win em all. Both teams played hard and I think it's unfair to any player on the court last night to blame it on the refs.

That’s the problem both teams played hard but it should never have to be questioned because of bum calls. I am not saying Leslie didn’t deserve to win anymore than Letcher but the 14th region has horrible officiating. It is just as demoralizing to the players when they do play that hard and feel that it was taken from them.