Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia Closed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Cordia basketball players will be eligible effective immediately. Will it be Perry, Knott or Hazard that reap the benefits?

Education Commissioner: Cordia School Unsafe; Students Must Leave

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Educati...83663.html
Did you read the story, Huggy?
zaga_fan Wrote:Did you read the story, Huggy?

I did. Why?
Not seeing where it states players wlll be eligible immediately?
zaga_fan Wrote:Did you read the story, Huggy?

I see. So, seeing as JBS is a private school and Kim King can not assign students to go there, the Cordia students will be attending Knott County Central. Would that be correct?
Not sure this is true!!!!!!!
Knott County Schools inside job as revenge for the documentary! HA

In all seriousness, will be interesting to see where the ball players end up.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:I did. Why?

Sorry, I was on the road to beautiful Hyden.

It just said Knott admin would handle student placement.

Obviously, their main concern is getting the kids out of there. But I don’t see many basketball players making their way to opponents.
Got a link from wymt saying all students must be out by Feb 2nd, 2018. What a mess. Hope the kids will benefit from better conditions.
zaga_fan Wrote:Sorry, I was on the road to beautiful Hyden.

Obviously, their main concern is getting the kids out of there. But I don’t see many basketball players making their way to opponents.

Beautiful, indeed.

Do you think any players from Cordia will end up playing at Knott Central?
Let the recruiters out of the garage. Here they come. Can the Superintendent place all kids? What if some take the starting spot of others on a team? This is a huge mess. Has this ever happened during a year or season.
The plan right now is to redistribute the elementary to Carr creek and emelenna. The high school will remain intact. They plan on moving the teachers and all students to the old hindman high school for the remainder of the year. The ball team will still finish the season according to Kim King. She said it would not be fair to the seniors to be displaced this late.
Will this be the last year for the school then?
It looks like the Lions finish out this season as a team.
This adds an interesting dynamic to say the least...
Sounds kind of dirty to me. I would think the conditions have been the same at Cordia for several years, but after the conflict with Rhodes, recruiting, and the documentary, it all of the sudden became unsafe to go to school at? I would also say that none of the out of town kids will stay in Knott County. The 2 best players are seniors anyway.
TaintAnewPat Wrote:The plan right now is to redistribute the elementary to Carr creek and emelenna. The high school will remain intact. They plan on moving the teachers and all students to the old hindman high school for the remainder of the year. The ball team will still finish the season according to Kim King. She said it would not be fair to the seniors to be displaced this late.

Stupid person here, what street is the Hindman High School on?
Hindman high school is directly beside the old hindman gym
TaintAnewPat Wrote:Hindman high school is directly beside the old hindman gym
Just off highway 160, same road that passes by Knott Central High and comes out on highway 15 that runs south to Whitesburg and north to Campton.
Oh this will be even more fun for 14th region recruiting
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Sounds kind of dirty to me. I would think the conditions have been the same at Cordia for several years, but after the conflict with Rhodes, recruiting, and the documentary, it all of the sudden became unsafe to go to school at? I would also say that none of the out of town kids will stay in Knott County. The 2 best players are seniors anyway.

The department of education shut it down.

The letter to the school made it sound like these problems have been lingering and they inspected the school recently.

I do know the school needs repairs and they don't have the money needed. The gym was condemned after flooding.
zaga_fan Wrote:Sorry, I was on the road to beautiful Hyden.

Sorry I missed you tonight. Mr. Adams said you had some really nice things to say about Huggy Bear haha
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Sorry I missed you tonight. Mr. Adams said you had some really nice things to say about Huggy Bear haha

It's all good, Huggy.
Always a pleasure to be in the Nixon Center for an evening of basketball.

I saw a fight and called an overtime game. It was a good night lol
Very bad situation... feel sorry for the students and also the teachers! What about the teachers jobs?
zaga_fan Wrote:It's all good, Huggy.
Always a pleasure to be in the Nixon Center for an evening of basketball.

I saw a fight and called an overtime hand. It was a good night lol

What you saw was the worst called game to date in the 14th region! LCC clearly should have won this game if not for such poor officiating. Leslie was given this game and anyone in the building saw it 😡😡
The school was damaged with the storm this summer, and while trying to fix it, other things were found out about the schools structure and other things that were dangerous for the students. They have been trying to get it all fixed for months, but seemed like once they would get something fixed, something else just kept going wrong. Very bad situation for the Lots Creek Community. Glad to see Mrs. King is going to let the high school stay together and finish out their senior year by using the old hindman school. Hopefully, the school can be repaired the correct way with all the students out of the building for a few months and re-opened next year for the sake of the community. As far as the teachers, they will be distributed to Carr Creek and Emmalena Elementary where their kids are going or another elementary that needs an extra teacher. I would assume the high school teachers would stay with the high school kids at the old hindman school. Definitely a weird situation, but they will make it work for these kids I'm sure.
The letter reads as if this is not a new problem. There were several items on the list that were added to an old list that had been addressed months ago. I don't know why they weren't corrected then, but it has apparently added to these new problems.
Cordia is a part of the Knott County School System....Cordia students have the option to go to Knott County Central or June Buchanan. If they're feeling lucky go the catholic route and hit up Piarist.
So what is Cordia's plan to try to fix the problems?

Also, wasn't their gym condemned a few years ago? Did they ever fix that? I seem to remember this being a problem.
Real Badman Wrote:Cordia is a part of the Knott County School System....Cordia students have the option to go to Knott County Central or June Buchanan. If they're feeling lucky go the catholic route and hit up Piarist.

Cordia High School will remain intact! Just at different location. As for basketball, in walking distance of their Home gym ( old Hindman High) which cuts down on travel just to practice and home games.
Pages: 1 2