Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job: Fulton Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coaches and potential head coaches get your applications ready.
I think Fulton County and Fulton City were listed as the two smallest football playing schools in the state. It seems pretty hopeless to stay with two schools when they would still be Class A with one.
Fulton County back in the early 90s had a very good team. They lost in the regional finals to Bardstown I believe 7-0. They should have some athletes there you got to get them out to play and build your middle school and grade school up. It take time but it could and can be done.
HCS Wrote:I think Fulton County and Fulton City were listed as the two smallest football playing schools in the state. It seems pretty hopeless to stay with two schools when they would still be Class A with one.

I've seen this question answered before, but I don't know how valid it is. I've always heard that there's almost a 30 minute drive between both schools, and that the kids from one of them (either county or city) would just go to the school in Tennessee, because it would end up being much much closer.

I don't know how much of that is correct or possible, but it's been something I've heard from several people.
Fulton City and South Fulton TN Schools are very close like 10 miles apart maybe. Fulton County is like 20 min down the road towards Hickman. Fulton County needs numbers get kids out they have athletes..
hoghead Wrote:Fulton City and South Fulton TN Schools are very close like 10 miles apart maybe. Fulton County is like 20 min down the road towards Hickman. Fulton County needs numbers get kids out they have athletes..

Fulton City and South Fulton, TN aren’t even a mile apart from each other. But, yes, the distance (or lack of) between City and County is why the merger hasn’t and won’t happen.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I've seen this question answered before, but I don't know how valid it is. I've always heard that there's almost a 30 minute drive between both schools, and that the kids from one of them (either county or city) would just go to the school in Tennessee, because it would end up being much much closer.

I don't know how much of that is correct or possible, but it's been something I've heard from several people.

It’s correct.
This one is a fixer-upper, for sure.
Tough place to win
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Fulton City and South Fulton, TN aren’t even a mile apart from each other. But, yes, the distance (or lack of) between City and County is why the merger hasn’t and won’t happen.

Any district as small as Fulton City will have a hard time staying open.
Good job for a bright young coach to make Name for himself.