Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paris 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can Coach Washington lead the hounds to a title run this year?
No, and not even close. Enrollment is dwindling.
So how much longer will it take till Paris and Bourbon to combine. If Paris’s numbers are dwindling.
Paris will be the best team in that district. The issue in the playoffs has been being matched up against Raceland and Paintsville (and Fairview was solid up until last season). Coach Washington is great and the players like him. The enrollment may be dwindling some but they are still going to be solid 1A competition for a while.

As far as combining it will only happen when absolutely forced to do so and it will be fought for some time then. It won’t happen anytime soon.
Cledog30 Wrote:So how much longer will it take till Paris and Bourbon to combine. If Paris’s numbers are dwindling.

I worked in the Paris City School District almost 20 years ago, and everyone then was saying enrollment was dwindling. Any day now Paris was going to be absorbed by the Bourbon County School District. Well, it still hasn't happened.
Coach Washington has done an outstanding job at Paris. He was a great player at Paris back in the day, so he is a Greyhound through and through. He is the perfect fit for the school. He has great rapport with the student athletes. I hope he continues to win, and I would love to see him take his teams to the next level and win a state title.
I think they should combine. I think it’s more of the die hard parents and the Alumni. Time for a change. On the other hand Paris seems to not be able to get over that hump every year sense 90. A cake walk district and non district. Beef the non district games up. Hell Bourbon does. It will be interesting for them next year. Losing some really good key players won’t help either. Unless they get some TRANSFERS in. QB will be the big question. Maggard was the leader of the pack. Well we will see...
I hope they never combined. I am a Greyhound fan. I hope they have some players ready to step up next season.
I enjoy listening to all the people saying certain 1A schools should combine with large schools. I am big fan of 1A football. There is a lot of good football play and Paris has a long history of football. I hope they never close the doors.
Schools like Paris cycle, but unfortunately they're on the downside of a cycle. According to the KHSAA Enrollment reports
Paris has
30 Senior males 9 played Football
34 Junior males 14 played Football
21 Soph males 5 played Football
22 Frosh male 6 played Football
The Frosh/Soph classes look to be the lowest back to back enrollment numbers in this millennium. Doesn't bode well for a small school.
Maybe the state will pass the ruling of doing away with the small city school and combining them with the county schools.
That would be terroble
Here is s link to Channel 36's preview of the Greyhpunds.

https://www.wtvq.com/2018/07/29/2018-36-...reyhounds/
The vast majority of high performing schools are Class A schools. Larger is not better. If some in Frankfort are determined to adopt the charter school mind set, allow the smallest independent districts to have charter school principles, like freedom to do as they see fit. They would receive the needed extra funding and still provide a high quality education.
Malcolm Ex Wrote:Can Coach Washington lead the hounds to a title run this year?
No.
Go Greyhounds!
Cledog30 Wrote:So how much longer will it take till Paris and Bourbon to combine. If Paris’s numbers are dwindling.

A long time.
Mightyoak Wrote:The vast majority of high performing schools are Class A schools. Larger is not better. If some in Frankfort are determined to adopt the charter school mind set, allow the smallest independent districts to have charter school principles, like freedom to do as they see fit. They would receive the needed extra funding and still provide a high quality education.

Male and Manual are in the top five - both are 6A.
First Round and get bounced again. They rely on the running game to much.