Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harrison County 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coach Neil Furnish needs a rebound year after a miserable 0-10 year. Can Harrison turn things around in 2018?
What kind of staff has Furnish put together? I hear he canned most of his staff. Is his seat hot after a disasterous it’s season in 2017?
They are scheduled to begin the year with Boyle Co in a bowl game. Let's hope for the sake of both teams that it doesn't happen. It will do neither team any good.
Harrison was runner-up in the district in 2016, then winless in 2017. That's a big difference. Questions have to be raised about the coaching staff. Maybe Furnish add some quality guys to help turn it around.

Anyone know what their numbers are like right now? What kind of support does Furnish get from admin?
LivingTheDream Wrote:Harrison was runner-up in the district in 2016, then winless in 2017. That's a big difference. Questions have to be raised about the coaching staff. Maybe Furnish add some quality guys to help turn it around.

Anyone know what their numbers are like right now? What kind of support does Furnish get from admin?

Furnish gets plenty of support he tanked last year and needs produce this year. He got humbled last year.
They had some talent. Definitely should not have went 0-10 with the kids he had. From what i watched bad offense and a ton of 3 and outs which killed the defense.
Bought out rockcastle game
Hearing rumors a Louisville team has taken Harrison's place in the bowl vs Boyle.
FoSho Wrote:Hearing rumors a Louisville team has taken Harrison's place in the bowl vs Boyle.

Heard at a meeting last week Harrison is trying to dumb the schedule down as much as possible.
Malcolm Ex Wrote:Coach Neil Furnish needs a rebound year after a miserable 0-10 year. Can Harrison turn things around in 2018?

I don't expect much improvement.
Didn't they have several injuries last year? What all do they return this year? I know they had a very good freshman team.
From what I hear Furnish came in with a big head and it got squashed last year. All eyes are watching him this year people aren’t easily fooled as he thinks.
thecoacher Wrote:Didn't they have several injuries last year? What all do they return this year? I know they had a very good freshman team.

He had the normal list of injuries everyone else does. He had no excuses.
Harrison County has struggled for several years. Better athletes than results
Harrison has struggled since Ray Graham left.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Harrison has struggled since Ray Graham left.

What years was Ray Graham there?
LivingTheDream Wrote:What years was Ray Graham there?

2007 maybe? Can any Harrison Co fans help on this?
What does their coaching staff look like?
Furnish is a Cynthiana native, too well connected to get let go. He'll get another 4 years at least.
Thrillex Wrote:Furnish is a Cynthiana native, too well connected to get let go. He'll get another 4 years at least.

Good info thanks.
Malcolm Ex Wrote:What does their coaching staff look like?

not sure about the staff. I know they've had continuous turnover at the top since Graham resigned. I believe Furnish is the 4th coach in place. When you really think about it.....that's crazy. Feel for those kids.
I think he would have had a good season if the kids gave him more respect and showed they cared about Football.
Cledog30 Wrote:I think he would have had a good season if the kids gave him more respect and showed they cared about Football.

He has to earn it.