Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frederick Douglass 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the word at Douglass so far? What are ten weight room #’s looking like?
Can FD match last years sucess?
Tha big question is where will FD play? Will they stay in 4a? Or will they play up?
FD will be a force in 2018 and beyond.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Tha big question is where will FD play? Will they stay in 4a? Or will they play up?

Actually I realize now that this comment is irrelevant. New classifications don't go into effect until 2019.
With what the KHSAA has done for this bunch , there a many that hope they do go back up.
I'm sure Douglass will play in 4A in 2019. They want to win a state championship. But, it is quite clear that they are playing with a 6A roster. My guess is that they will continue to get players from the other five Lexington schools and compete in 6A, especially with Scott Co gone. It won't be fair for other teams in 4A.
LivingTheDream Wrote:I'm sure Douglass will play in 4A in 2019. They want to win a state championship. But, it is quite clear that they are playing with a 6A roster. My guess is that they will continue to get players from the other five Lexington schools and compete in 6A, especially with Scott Co gone. It won't be fair for other teams in 4A.

LexCath will be fine with it as will Boyle Co if they move up to 4A.
LivingTheDream Wrote:I'm sure Douglass will play in 4A in 2019. They want to win a state championship. But, it is quite clear that they are playing with a 6A roster. My guess is that they will continue to get players from the other five Lexington schools and compete in 6A, especially with Scott Co gone. It won't be fair for other teams in 4A.

In addition to that their numbers increase to 6A numbers in 2020 year 2 of the realignment from what I am told. Mcpeek works his magic again a 6A school competing for 4A titles.
Malcolm Ex Wrote:In addition to that their numbers increase to 6A numbers in 2020 year 2 of the realignment from what I am told. Mcpeek works his magic again a 6A school competing for 4A titles.

That makes sense. From what I was told, they will add about 500 students a year. That'll put them in 6A two years.
They get a new transfer QB?
I Rule The World Wrote:They get a new transfer QB?

Interesting....where did said possible QB come from? Clays Mill Road?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Interesting....where did said possible QB come from? Clays Mill Road?

TongueirateSho
Cameron Jones from Knott Central
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Interesting....where did said possible QB come from? Clays Mill Road?

I hope you aren't talking about a certain kid who had the head coach just leave for a college position. Because that kid is not transferring to Fredrick Douglass. 🙄
Think he's already been mentioned..
Not sure about the lex cath q.b. Saw the knott kid in a 7on 7 a year ago and he’s a man child.