Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington, the place for homosexuals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
By Andy Mead

HERALD-LEADER STAFF WRITER

At various times, Lexington has been ranked the 13th best city for women (Ladies' Home Journal) and the 9th best for business (Forbes'). Now, our fair city is among The Advocate magazine's first "Top 10 Best Places For Gays and Lesbians to Live."

The March 27 issue of the magazine lists Lexington along with Dallas, Tucson, Ariz., and Ferndale, Mich., as places that are part of a "new American landscape" that goes beyond urban gay ghettos.

Full story:
http://www.kentucky.com/179/story/16427.html
sucks for lexington
Just shows you that Lexington is 10 years ahead of Eastern Kentucky. I think that ALL the magazines that Lexington has been listed in are very positive things that the city should be proud of.
10 years ahead,,might not be a good thing in some areas Tribe.I think I will refer to you as squaw!!!
Care to elaborate?
Im thinking of a tribe of Indians.You being female would make you a squaw.Is that okay?
That picture of you Tribe kinda makes me think of PAT.
It shows me they are turning into another Sodom and Gomorrah. I may affend some by my beliefs in Gods word and thats just fine by me. I would rather affend you than veer from Gods word and affend him. I also am not taking the "Holier than thou" stance because I know I sin daily, but this is prohibited in the scripture(Lev.20:13). I am not judging them but I also will not support them. A person who lives near me is gay and is a fairly good man. I have know him my whole life and am friends with him, but he knows I do not support his lifestyle and I tell him what God says about it. He is still going to burn in Hell. {I Corinthians 6:9, Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inerit the kingdom of God.} I have read several threads on this subject and mostly just read than write, but some of the responses have really troubled me and broke my heart for this world. This world as the old saying goes "has gone to hell in a handbasket."
Crossbones if it were possible I would buy your breakfest in the morning so now go and post something under Anti-christ I posted earlier.I want your take on that.
Thanks for the breakfast offer. As I said, I will not veer from Gods word to please man. And I don't care if I affend anyone when it comes to the Word. I would rather stand before God and say "yes Lord, I believed upon your Son and his resurrection and I believed your Word and tried to live by it." than say " Well Lord I didn't want too hurt there fellings." I also believe it is my responsibility as a Christian to tell people what says the Lord God in these situations and if more of us would we might help lead one to the Holy Spirit.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Im thinking of a tribe of Indians.You being female would make you a squaw.Is that okay?

Haha, that's fine Old school. I was just wondering what you meant. I've been called worse by better people I'm sure. :p My avatar is one of my favorite pictures in the entire world. I find it hilarious but seeing the whole thing would make it better than just this cropped selection.
thetribe Wrote:Haha, that's fine Old school. I was just wondering what you meant. I've been called worse by better people I'm sure. :p My avatar is one of my favorite pictures in the entire world. I find it hilarious but seeing the whole thing would make it better than just this cropped selection.
Called worse by better people,,boy that makes me feel badly.
Cheer up buttercup, I had to say it. You walked right into it. Haha.
thetribe Wrote:Just shows you that Lexington is 10 years ahead of Eastern Kentucky. I think that ALL the magazines that Lexington has been listed in are very positive things that the city should be proud of.
if thats the case i sure am glad we are 10 years behind Lexington
Crossbones Wrote:It shows me they are turning into another Sodom and Gomorrah. I may affend some by my beliefs in Gods word and thats just fine by me. I would rather affend you than veer from Gods word and affend him. I also am not taking the "Holier than thou" stance because I know I sin daily, but this is prohibited in the scripture(Lev.20:13). I am not judging them but I also will not support them. A person who lives near me is gay and is a fairly good man. I have know him my whole life and am friends with him, but he knows I do not support his lifestyle and I tell him what God says about it. He is still going to burn in Hell. {I Corinthians 6:9, Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inerit the kingdom of God.} I have read several threads on this subject and mostly just read than write, but some of the responses have really troubled me and broke my heart for this world. This world as the old saying goes "has gone to hell in a handbasket."
AMEN !!! nice post but what does effeminate mean ?
thetribe Wrote:Cheer up buttercup, I had to say it. You walked right into it. Haha.
You got that right,,hehe now explain buttercup
I think that the actual article in The Advocate is very positive for Lexington.

http://advocate.com/currentstory1_w.asp?id=42767
i agree woth crossbones 1000%
The Fan Wrote:AMEN !!! nice post but what does effeminate mean ?
I believe effeminate means to act like a woman.
The Fan Wrote:if thats the case i sure am glad we are 10 years behind Lexington

To each their own. I have no problems with that. It's just really funny that Eastern Kentucky started wearing name brands that other parts of the USA were wearing 10 years before or listening to bands that have been popular in other areas for a very long time but until they hit the radio on a local station most people have not heard of them, I could go on. The only part that is honestly bad about it is that people in this area are so close-minded. Live outside the box a little. You have religious convictions, your parents raised you differently, you are afraid you may catch it, whatever your reasoning part of it is still ignorance that you chose to hate a lifestyle rather than embrace it and its people. The Bible and your parents does not teach you to hate...
The Fan Wrote:AMEN !!! nice post but what does effeminate mean ?
According the the KJV of the Bible it means, perverted and homosexuals.
Websters definition of effeminate,,,marked by qualities more typical of and suitable to women than men.
thetribe Wrote:To each their own. I have no problems with that. It's just really funny that Eastern Kentucky started wearing name brands that other parts of the USA were wearing 10 years before or listening to bands that have been popular in other areas for a very long time but until they hit the radio on a local station most people have not heard of them, I could go on. The only part that is honestly bad about it is that people in this area are so close-minded. Live outside the box a little. You have religious convictions, your parents raised you differently, you are afraid you may catch it, whatever your reasoning part of it is still ignorance that you chose to hate a lifestyle rather than embrace it and its people. The Bible and your parents does not teach you to hate...

Thank you. I completely, completely, completely agree!
Old school Dawg Wrote:You got that right,,hehe now explain buttercup

It rhymed with cheer up...lol
Who said anything about hate?
websters differs alot from the Bible on definition compared to the original Hebrew and Greek definitions. I never look up definitions in websters when studing the Bible. I always use my Strong's concordance. It defines every word in the bible in the original Hebrew and Greek language.
Me too crossbones but there is one right here,,a websters.Basically to act like a woman is unpleasing to god, if your a man.
thetribe Wrote:To each their own. I have no problems with that. It's just really funny that Eastern Kentucky started wearing name brands that other parts of the USA were wearing 10 years before or listening to bands that have been popular in other areas for a very long time but until they hit the radio on a local station most people have not heard of them, I could go on. The only part that is honestly bad about it is that people in this area are so close-minded. Live outside the box a little. You have religious convictions, your parents raised you differently, you are afraid you may catch it, whatever your reasoning part of it is still ignorance that you chose to hate a lifestyle rather than embrace it and its people. The Bible and your parents does not teach you to hate...
You have your beliefs I have mine that dont make me or you ignorant , so dont you ever call me ignorant cause I dont embrace the homesexual lifestyle . They can live wherever they want I dont care I have know and worked with gay men and women some nice and some wasnt and I have been as cordial to them as anybody . I just dont agree with it so how does that make me ignorant ?
I never once said I hated anyone. My Bible plainly teaches me to love all people regaurdless. But my Bible does teach me not to support immoral acts. I never really concidered myself close-minded, but when it comes to Gods word than so be it.. living outside the box is not allways good because you do not have the protection you had when you were in the box.... I have NO religious convictions, because My Savior Jesus Christ sit on the right hand of the Father making intersetion for me. Maybe more parents should go back to the old ways of raising a child and tell them right from wrong instead of condoning anything people do know adays. Yes I am afraid of it and don't want to catch it, because if it has you It will take you straight to hell with It. IMO the ignorance is that people chose to accept that pervertion, homosexuality and so on is ok. Gods word is all that anyone should need to embrace and he will take care of everything else.
I didn't say that you were ignorant. I said it is ignorant that people chose to be so close minded and not chose to accept that people are going to live their life that way no matter what you think of it, say about it, or even tell them about it. People don't chose who they love and it's not up to me or you to say that they shouldn't follow their heart. You say that you worked with gays and some were nice and some weren't...that's people in general. I cannot believe that you would say that like they were any different. I'm glad that you were cordial to them, you have no right to be anything but nice to them just because of how they live behind closed doors. I do have my beliefs and you have yours, I respect that you voice your opinion. I'm not going to agree with yours and you are not going to agree with mine, I can live with that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5