Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski 87 Somerset 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Pulaski was just the better team tonight in my opinion. Somerset hung around 9-15 point margin for most of the game. I think the closest they ever got was 6 and that was middle of second quarter. Haven’t seen box scores but from just watching Fitzgerald had to have close to 30 and missed some time with sprained ankle. I thought Fraley did a great job of frustrating the younger Grundy. Pulaski got some help from Elmore tonight that I haven’t seen this year, and that is crucial for them to make a run. Still trying to figure out why the jumpers didn’t go to Harmon more. But the game was fun, the crowd was great, and the emotions started to boil over. Can’t wait to watch this one at the Briar Patch!
Maroons run the Bunnies into hiding.
Pulaski is a very good team. They are definitely missing an inside game but they still get the job done. Fitzgerald and Butt are a pretty dynamic couple of guys to have on the court at the same time.

Somerset should be able to take a lot away from this game. Poor shot selection, turnovers off the press, not playing good help defense was the biggest issue. They also have to learn to get away from letting people get in their heads in key match ups and not get suckered into arguing with each other, refs and other players. Lot's of technical called in this game once frustrations started picking up.

February 2nd will be an interesting date to watch a game.