Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Final from the NIT SYRACUSE 79 SOUTH ALABAMA 73
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jags lead most of the game and went without a field goal for almost 12 minutes in the 2nd half and "The Cuse" went on a 22-1 run. South Alabama was led in scoring by Demetric Bennet who had 23 points going 7-11 from 3-point range. Syracuse was led by Eric Devedorf who had 32. A key for the jaguars was junior forward Ernest Little who set an NIT record with 18 rebounds.
Congrats to the Cuse. But I hate to see this just for John Pelphrey's sake.
What about the wild look Pelphrey has went with! Also don't want to forget Mathew Figger who is Pelphreys Assistant Coach. Figger went to Jenkins High School. He is the bald guy with a goatee on the bench. He has done a TREMENDOUS job as well! They do alot with the talent they are dealt!
yeah i hated this too..I wanted South Alabama to win the NIT..maybe next year they can go to the NCAA..congrats on a great season USA!
This game proved that Pelphrey isn't ready for the big time basketball at UK. Secondly, if Pelphrey's going to someday sign with a major program, he really needs to get a decent haircut and trim the sideburns. No one I know of these days wears sideburns down below their ear lobes. It makes him look 'hillbillyish', and the hair needs some major work.
First Time Caller Wrote:This game proved that Pelphrey isn't ready for the big time basketball at UK. Secondly, if Pelphrey's going to someday sign with a major program, he really needs to get a decent haircut and trim the sideburns. No one I know of these days wears sideburns down below their ear lobes. It makes him look 'hillbillyish', and the hair needs some major work.

How does this prove he's not ready for big-time Uk basketball?? He went in with a heavily underdogged team and almost pulled out the win. I don't know how you feel about it but when you have an undersized team that outrebounds and for the first 30 minutes outplayed Syracuse, I think that is pretty good. Lol I do agree with you on the hair. When I went to see him at the WKU game I told him to get hair-cut..
Pelphrey had control of the game with about 10 minutes to play. Then he got outcoched from there. Yes, he did make a run with SA hitting some long 3's late, but the game was alreay decided. IMO, he waited too long to call a timeout when Syracuse went on the 10-0 run to take the lead. After falling behind, he decided to jack up 3's instead of taking the ball inside. Cost him bigtime, as SA couldn't throw it in the ocean for about 8 minutes.
First Time Caller Wrote:Pelphrey had control of the game with about 10 minutes to play. Then he got outcoched from there. Yes, he did make a run with SA hitting some long 3's late, but the game was alreay decided. IMO, he waited too long to call a timeout when Syracuse went on the 10-0 run to take the lead. After falling behind, he decided to jack up 3's instead of taking the ball inside. Cost him bigtime, as SA couldn't throw it in the ocean for about 8 minutes.
And that 8 minutes without a made field goal is the coach's fault? And if you follow South Alabama at all they play a west virginia style of basketball. They shoot 3's more than most teams because of the lack of size inside. You don't quit on your gameplan just because you fall behind.
good post Panther Thunder.......and I like his 'burns, lol..they look like mine, LOL..
First Time Caller Wrote:This game proved that Pelphrey isn't ready for the big time basketball at UK. Secondly, if Pelphrey's going to someday sign with a major program, he really needs to get a decent haircut and trim the sideburns. No one I know of these days wears sideburns down below their ear lobes. It makes him look 'hillbillyish', and the hair needs some major work.

Ohh yeah, he isnt ready for big time basketball at UK because of his poor grooming.
Dirtmouth is, and probably always will be my favorite college coach!!!
Ready or not....if he was Ky's coach....I would start watching and cheering for them again!!!
Congrats Syracuse