Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ Frederick Douglass 8/31/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Per Josh Moore on twitter.

Interesting if nothing else.
This is ridiculous. Can’t wait for another year of Josh Moore and Lexington Media kissing FD and Landis rear all year Again. The inequality in reporting and coverage compared to other schools was startling.
Can Paintsville compete with them? They have had some really good teams over the years but I was under the impression that they might be a little down compared to previous years. With that said I can appreciate beefing up the schedule and this will definitely be a good early season test for the Tigers. As far as Frederick Douglas goes, what are they gaining from playing a 1A school? No disrespect to Paintsville but if they want to compete in 6A I can't see how playing Paintsville will help them get there.
FD should have been calling Boyle County, Belfry, St. X or Whitley County if they wanted to upgrade their schedule. Madison Southern would have been an easy trip.
How long has been scheduled? I imagine nobody at Douglass knew that they would’ve been as good as they were this year. They likely assumed this would be a good game for them.
This game was just added to the schedule this past week. Both teams apparently needed a 10th game.
Lone Ranger Wrote:This game was just added to the schedule this past week. Both teams apparently needed a 10th game.

Oh okay. I wonder how many other schools needed a tenth game
Needing a 10th game and having same date 2 big differences. This is 2nd year of contracts so very few openings. I’m sure it’s a 1 year deal and Paintsville will get $3000-5000 for coming up.
So PHS can drive two hours to play a 6A school but refuse to play a 4A school across the creek because they "have nothing to gain" by playing a 4A school. Or whatever their excuse was at the time.

Must be trying to expand their recruiting base.
ekywildcat Wrote:So PHS can drive two hours to play a 6A school but refuse to play a 4A school across the creek because they "have nothing to gain" by playing a 4A school. Or whatever their excuse was at the time.

Complete trash of a post. Lacks both in facts and originality.
This will be a very tall task for the Tigers. But It is better than playing someone that you can beat by half a hundred.
ekywildcat Wrote:So PHS can drive two hours to play a 6A school but refuse to play a 4A school across the creek because they "have nothing to gain" by playing a 4A school. Or whatever their excuse was at the time.

Paintsville tried to schedule JC this past season when both were needing a 10th game. JC declined.
:popcorn:
Did FD drop danville?
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville tried to schedule JC this past season when both were needing a 10th game. JC declined.

Can you get a copy of that offer. I heard that it was only going to require JC to have 10 additional kids to transfer to Paintsville. The sticking point came when Paintsville already had the name of the 10 kids they wanted.

Second,what would we want to wast a game playing against our JV? We played grade school and middle school ball with about 15. :hilarious::hilarious:
Eagle84 Wrote:Can you get a copy of that offer. I heard that it was only going to require JC to have 10 additional kids to transfer to Paintsville. The sticking point came when Paintsville already had the name of the 10 kids they wanted.

Second,what would we want to wast a game playing against our JV? We played grade school and middle school ball with about 15. :hilarious::hilarious:

Paintsville wanted 20 kids, JC said only 10. Paintsville said we get to pick, JC declined. Is that how it went down in your dumpster fire of a post?

All the BS in the world you are saying won’t change the facts. JC has scheduled many season opening games with teams inferior to Paintsville.

As far as transfers go, stop blaming the other side because kids want to leave your program... never understood that...when kids leave Paintsville I don’t sit around and blame the other side. Look in mirror.
2000PHS Wrote:Paintsville wanted 20 kids, JC said only 10. Paintsville said we get to pick, JC declined. Is that how it went down in your dumpster fire of a post?

All the BS in the world you are saying won’t change the facts. JC has scheduled many season opening games with teams inferior to Paintsville.

As far as transfers go, stop blaming the other side because kids want to leave your program... never understood that...when kids leave Paintsville I don’t sit around and blame the other side. Look in mirror.

In the last 4 years or since Paintsville became respectable for Class A (2014) who has JC played that was as "inferior"?
14 Fairland
Mastery Charger out of PA
PCC 2nd Year of Contract
Harlan 3 Year of Contract
Belfry
15 Fairland 2nd year of contract
Lexington C
Harlan
Belfry
16 Capital
LC
South Charleston
Harlan
Belfry
17 Capital
LC
South Charleston
Henry Clay
Belfry
So again who would you say that was on Paintsville level when the contract was signed?

As for as blaming the players no sure where you read that in my post. What I was referring to was the consistence recruiting. If a kid does not think he can play at the level we play at or just wants to play at a lower lever that fine. Obviously if getting on the field is your must important thing to a player then transferring to Piantsville will accomplish that but if playing at high level and / or for rings not been that rewarding to transfer.
He$$ yeah this is awesome 6A playing a 1A. :Cheerlead like to see more of this 5A hint,hint 4A hint,hint 3A hint,hint
Eagle84 Wrote:Can you get a copy of that offer. I heard that it was only going to require JC to have 10 additional kids to transfer to Paintsville. The sticking point came when Paintsville already had the name of the 10 kids they wanted.

Lmbo. Should have known it would be you.

Are you really gonna play dumb and act like Paintsville didn't offer them a season opener game?
Redneck Wrote:Lmbo. Should have known it would be you.

Are you really gonna play dumb and act like Paintsville didn't offer them a season opener game?

NO they was an offer to my understand but it came with several conditions that you forgot to put in your post.

Second what would we get out of a game with Paintsville other that playing 10 games. Just give your coaches a on campus official recruiting visit. :Thumbs:

Per several of our previous conversation I will tell you what i herd and or what i know to be the truth. Remember the recruiting cards / business cards that you admitted in the end existed but called them a joke :please:

Does JC have kids from other school systems or are they all home grown?
:popcorn: Confusednicker: :popcorn: Confusednicker: :popcorn: Confusednicker:
All I know is if the Tigers are not going to use our kids in November and December maybe they should send them back across the creek!
Eagle84 Wrote:NO they was an offer to my understand but it came with several conditions that you forgot to put in your post.

Second what would we get out of a game with Paintsville other that playing 10 games. Just give your coaches a on campus official recruiting visit. :Thumbs:

Per several of our previous conversation I will tell you what i herd and or what i know to be the truth. Remember the recruiting cards / business cards that you admitted in the end existed but called them a joke :please:

Several conditions. You mean the part where Paintsville asked for elementary games against all the county schools because all of their games with the Floyd Coounty schools were cancelled. That was the kicker. Had Paintsville not wanted that, JC would have ageed.
Glory Days Wrote:Does JC have kids from other school systems or are they all home grown?

They get kids from surrounding counties. Martin more than any other.
PLEASE get back on the topic of Paintsville vs. Fredrick Douglass.

Thank you.
Explorer Wrote:They get kids from surrounding counties. Martin more than any other.

WHO "kids"from surrounding counties

The state championship team of 2016 had no surrounding counties kids that did not attend 2 years in the JC System prior to high school. With the exception of foster kids and 1 kids that came from Indiana.

Over the past 10 years JC may have had 10 high school transfers from other counties.
Redneck Wrote:Several conditions. You mean the part where Paintsville asked for elementary games against all the county schools because all of their games with the Floyd Coounty schools were cancelled. That was the kicker. Had Paintsville not wanted that, JC would have ageed.

First, the only what JC would schedule a football game with Paintville (any other area school) is that it would help prepare us for the state playoff's, (Say a team who throws the ball a lot which will like to see early in the year), a team who plays a system that we will have to play in the playoff's, a team that could grow into a competitive game or just can not find another game that date. Do. you see Paintsville meeting any of these conditions other than to meet "can not find another game".

The above conditions in scheduling i believe would apply to Painsville if Jenkins call with a game.

However, the "elephant" in the room that was not addressed was the extra conditions and Paintsville repetition of recruiting. Look I m not going to rehash all that stuff and if Paintsville recruits or just lucky 35 times over.

I see no problem with Paintsville and FD playing. I am sure Paintsville coaches understand it is a challange game and FD see the game as a feel game.

I just want to keep you honest "REDNECK" which at times is very difficult.