Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jbs Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i have heard of kids getin goffered free tuition to the school if they will come play ball i dont think that is any secret, but just like lexington catholic did a few years ago the title 9 people will prolly come in lay major fines of jbs one day. i think its awfully funny that halls sister was given a scholarship to alc coming out of high school she wasnt near ready to play college ball and she recieved a scholarship and brent all the sudden appears at jbs. But i wont complain to much because things tend to unfold as they should. and all and all these kids have worled hard and they are pretty good kids.
clipperw Wrote:I enjoyed my time at Alice Lloyd. Its defiently not for everyone but if you want to meet some good people and get an education for a somewhat low price then I'd recommend it.

My daughter currently attends ALC and has made some good friends and is getting her education without sending us to the poor house.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:My daughter currently attends ALC and has made some good friends and is getting her education without sending us to the poor house.

Sounds like a win win situation there :thumpsup: Also Paco 07, Check your PM's.
hollister_42 Wrote:Most of us want to go to JBS, so one day we don't act like you, Benchwarmer.

After reading some of you post, you will fit in just right.
airball3 Wrote:Wrong. You dont get a "FREE" ride at Alice Lloyd after graduating JBS. You still have to pay some. AND Alice Lloyd doesnt pay for your grad school. They have the Caney Cottage at UK, most people think their going to graduate from Alice Lloyd with a Biology degree and go down to medical school at UK on a free ride. Yep, well most people are wrong. If there are 100 graduates maybe 1 will be selected for the Caney Cottage Scholarship at UK. Usally Valadictiorians. Smile

They advertise tution free at ALC so how do you still have to pay some.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I was just going on what I was told by the headmaster over at JBS 2 years ago. That was a first hand statement, not hearsay. I heard it from Gary himself in his office. So I guess Gary was either wrong or didnt say all the facts.

Or maybe it is different for basketball players than the average student....

A lot of your tution depends on who you are?
Benchwarmer Wrote:A lot of your tution depends on who you are?
Smile Smile That is funny. If you only knew. Be carful who you quote.
I know a lot more than you think. Let's say, been there done that.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I know a lot more than you think. Let's say, been there done that.
You have , have you?Smile
Oh, yes. I'm like a fly on the wall.
[quote=Benchwarmer]Oh, yes. I'm like a fly on the wall.[/QUOTE Tell me then, who is gonna represent the 14th,
fly on the wall Wrote:[quote=Benchwarmer]Oh, yes. I'm like a fly on the wall.[/QUOTE Tell me then, who is gonna represent the 14th,

Represent the 14th, JBS. Represent me, never. You see I believe in hard work, truth, right attitude, nobody is better than anyone, being fare, good morals, and most important honesty. Does anyone have a flyswatter.
Benchwarmer Wrote:[quote=fly on the wall]

Represent the 14th, JBS. Represent me, never. You see I believe in hard work, truth, right attitude, nobody is better than anyone, being fare, good morals, and most important honesty. Does anyone have a flyswatter.
You should run for office . I have heard that speach somewhere. before. Iwas looking for a swatter myself.
fly on the wall Wrote:[quote=Benchwarmer] You should run for office . I have heard that speach somewhere. before. Iwas looking for a swatter myself.

Warren Central has a lot of them.

Warren Central has a lot of them.
We"ll see. Thats more than you will be doing. And no matter what happens, we got there.
fly on the wall Wrote:[quote=Benchwarmer] You should run for office . I have heard that speach somewhere. before. Iwas looking for a swatter myself.

Not at JBS.
fly on the wall Wrote:[quote=Benchwarmer] We"ll see. Thats more than you will be doing. And no matter what happens, we got there.

Yes, you got there. At all cost you got there.

Yes, you got there. At all cost you got there.
And there is nothing you can say that will throw cold water on our team.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I am not talking bad about them. I just said that JBS isnt strictly a academic school like it was started out being. They have some very good programs over there. If you graduate from JBS, you have a free ride at ALC if you want to go there. If you graduate JBS and ALC, ALC will pay for your graduate school. That is a deal that would be very hard to pass up. Just imagine graduating medical school or becoming a lawyer without having a student loan. All I am saying about it is that if it was a true academic school, then ball players wouldnt be allowed to be held back in their middle school like they are even though they have above average GPS'acompared to most schools. I just said it wasnt academics first and sports second.

And when people say that JBS doesnt recruit, I know for a fact they do because I seen and heard it all first hand. Believe it or not, even though they are a private school, that doesnt mean they can recruit like it has been said on here. It is easier to get by with it being a private school first, independent school second, and public school third. But all the same, it does happen.
I think all public schools give full rides dont they?
thedarkside Wrote:i have heard of kids getin goffered free tuition to the school if they will come play ball i dont think that is any secret, but just like lexington catholic did a few years ago the title 9 people will prolly come in lay major fines of jbs one day. i think its awfully funny that halls sister was given a scholarship to alc coming out of high school she wasnt near ready to play college ball and she recieved a scholarship and brent all the sudden appears at jbs. But i wont complain to much because things tend to unfold as they should. and all and all these kids have worled hard and they are pretty good kids.
I think all public school kids get free tuition dont they?
Well, if they want to be like a public school, easy enough, they shouldnt charge tuition to any students instead of just the basketball players.
thecavemaster Wrote:I am guessing I will read about this over
the next few days, but who exactly was
June Buchanan? I am assuming this person
was of some renown in the Hindman/Alice
Lloyd communities?

This was the original question proposed and we are off topic. This question was answered so enough said.
Pages: 1 2 3