Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region New Years Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been a great Christmas break, got some big games going on in the region this week that could shake up the rankings, but here is how I have them as of today.TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

1. Knott- no losses in region, beat wolfe, letcher, breathitt, cordia, JBS
2. Perry- no losses in region, beat cordia by 1, buckhorn, leslie twice
3. Cordia- Playing some good competition getting ready for All A tourney,
beat hazard, buckhorn, letcher lost to Knott and Perry by 1
4. Estill- trending up, won last 5 out of 6, beat wolfe and owsley
5. Wolfe- Lost last 4 out of 5, need to get it together
6. Hazard- Beat leslie, buckhorn, lee lost to wolfe, young team getting better
7. Leslie- Beat breathitt powell, jackson city and JBS Lost to Hazard and Perry
Dangerous team when hitting the 3 ball
8. Powell - very up and down team
9. Breathitt - lost 8 in a row, not had a good holiday break
10. Buckhorn - when hitting the 3 like they did against jackson city, they can play with anyone, but they don't hit them like that all the time
I'd say that's probably about right but I'd move Powell up and Wolfe down and I'd flip Letcher and Buckhorn. Buckhorn isn't as good as they once were and I don't think they can beat Letcher. Unless Wolfe gets it going, they may not even make it out of district. Really struggling at the moment.
knott
Perry
Cordia
Wolfe
Hazard
Powell
Estill
Wolfe has hit a tough patch but has also played a really rough schedule. I'm sure Coach Creech will have them playing better by the end of the season. Knott is tops in the region but could lose to 5-6 teams in the region on a given night. This is the most wide open the region has been in 15 years. All about who's playing the best at the end of the year.
Like I said yesterday, big games this week already mixed up the rankings.
Powell beat Hazard in overtime and Leslie beat Wolfe on a buzzer beater. Great parity in the region this year.

Leslie to #5
Powell to #6
Hazard to #7
Wolfe to #8

Going in to the All A, should be a fun two weeks!TongueirateSho
[Image: HTTP3d3dy50ZWFtamltbXlqb2UuY29tL3dwLWNvb...aWYlog.gif] Bruthas Sir Isaac and Killa Slone have been shabab!Wonder twins and Hoffmeister are the fo shizzle! Patriots rocking to the free world Big Bizness style and All A party be starting! Freaking Wowza! #wezonfire More mash taters please!!!
[Image: 5698521247_6da5d66288_o.gif] This brutha here trying to keep up with how fast our teamflow is baby! Fans from everywhere trying to get all the updates they can on Patriot Mania! #patriotbloodrunsdeepastatersinfatpatsblood #tweetpatriotsforareelzshow More mash taters please!!!
1. Knott County
2. Perry Cemtral
3. Estill. County
4. Cordia
5. Hazard
6. Powell
7. Leslie
8. Wolfe
9. Letcher
10 Breathitt
This is close right now Knott aand Perry a little ahead Cordia Estill is close Leslie and Hazard is capable of beatinf someone but I dont think they can win the region. The 4 Im going with is Perry Knott Estill and Cordia they are the 4 to beat.
The Region is weak the weakest it been in 10-15 years,
hoghead Wrote:1. Knott County
2. Perry Cemtral
3. Estill. County
4. Cordia
5. Hazard
6. Powell
7. Leslie
8. Wolfe
9. Letcher
10 Breathitt
This is close right now Knott aand Perry a little ahead Cordia Estill is close Leslie and Hazard is capable of beatinf someone but I dont think they can win the region. The 4 Im going with is Perry Knott Estill and Cordia they are the 4 to beat.

You may wanna swap 5 and 6. Powell beat Hazard last night
hoghead Wrote:1. Knott County
2. Perry Cemtral
3. Estill. County
4. Cordia
5. Hazard
6. Powell
7. Leslie
8. Wolfe
9. Letcher
10 Breathitt
[Image: 1236425582_ol-man-approves.gif]Porky baby ole Fatpat got to agree with you and plan is unfolding! JPC set things in motion for Kcc to rise to dominance for years to come! Genius! #legendsrbuiltatmortys More mash taters please!!!
1. Knott
2. Perry
3. Estill

4. Cordia
5. Powell
6. Hazard
7. Wolfe
8. Leslie
9. Letcher
10. Breathitt
Leslie is playing well right now and knocked off Hazard in overtime in the All A to stay at #5. Big showdown with Cordia and then winner of that one plays Knott for the All A title.
The Dogfather Wrote:1. Knott
2. Perry
3. Estill

4. Cordia
5. Powell
6. Hazard
7. Wolfe
8. Leslie
9. Letcher
10. Breathitt

Nice ranking. Especially 3 days after Leslie beat Wolfe at Wolfe. They have also beat Powell by 10 and defeated Hazard last night. Either don’t keep up with everyone in the 14th or just slipped by. Either way, think you can adjust your rankings a little now.
I have found an inconsistency that is worth noting upon reviewing your rankings.
Your rationale of ranking Buckhorn #10 (due to the three pointers they made against Jackson City) sparked my interest, so I decided to check KHSAA scoreboards to verify this claim. To my astonishment, the stats posted for that game list that Buckhorn only made TWO three pointers during the game? Luckily, I was in attendance, so I KNOW that this is incorrect, however the scoring statistics add up correctly to equate final game score (making it appear this statistic is correct).

Is it a stretch to suggest that there is statistical fraud taking place at Buckhorn High School? May not seem like a big deal or a simple error, but this could impact recruiting and even school records. Is it possible that Coach Hoskins is padding statistics to increase his 'star player's' points and rebounds?? You tell me.

Aside from this, nice rankings. While the topic will always be subjective, I can semi-agree with these.
For reference, I am referring to the 1-02-18 game @Buckhorn. I feel that you are referring to the 12-9-17 date. Regardless, the point I am making about the statistic inconsistency still holds true.
I think everyone has good points on the rankings. Knott is 1 until beat then perry 2 and cordia 3. After that they can be flipped a few different ways. I think Estill would be my 4th team at the moment followed closely by Leslie with 6-10 going like
Powell
Hazard
Wolfe
Letcher
Breathitt