Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville College Signs #1 Junior College Basketball Player in the Nation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How good is he?
Who is he and from where?
Maybe the could win a few games now if this is true.
is pikeville college getting better players than the cats.
If anyone knew who he was it may help.
He was actually at the expo center during the 15th Region Title game and they honored him, but I forgot his name. But from what was said about his resume, he will be a good one.
Well this is great for Pikeville then
rallo316 Wrote:is pikeville college getting better players than the cats.
I really hope you are kidding.
As of right now now, I have not seen this confirmed ANYWHERE. This is strictly a rumor and I do not believe this to be true. Sorry.
corndog23 Wrote:As of right now now, I have not seen this confirmed ANYWHERE. This is strictly a rumor and I do not believe this to be true. Sorry.

What is strictly a rumor?
they get the best JC in the nation, UK picks up Bobby Perry's cousin...lol
-STATS- Wrote:What is strictly a rumor?

That they have signed the #1 JUCO i nthe country. Im sorry i just find it VERY hard to believe, and i havent seen it documented anywhere, to me, this is a rumor, or a misinformed poster.
very impressive
go
bears
I talked to Coach Wells and he is the #1 Junior College player in Florida for sure.
He averaged 24 and 13 and shot 70% last season.
Well maybe Jammin Jamey knows something on this. He was at the 15th region turny, and I was in the blue crew for SV, and I swear that they announced this guy as "The #1 Junior College player in the Nation"
Yes I was there to. This is not a rumor! I watch him walk on the court and wave to the people as they announced he signed with Pikeville college and he is the number 1 junior college player in the nation.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Well maybe Jammin Jamey knows something on this. He was at the 15th region turny, and I was in the blue crew for SV, and I swear that they announced this guy as "The #1 Junior College player in the Nation"

I'm looking for info. I'm sure Rick Bentley (Pikeville College/Appalachian News-Express contributor) knows.

I did find this...

Gaffney High (SC) defensive back Kelin Morris signed a letter of intent Thursday morning to play football at Pikeville College...March 14th.

http://www.gaffneyledger.com/news/2007/0...s/043.html
The versatile Shalane Moore, a 5-4 guard who also stars in soccer and track for the Lady Electrics of Philo, OH High School, signed a national letter of intent to continue her basketball and academic careers at Pikeville, Ky. College.

http://zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/apps/...40335/1006
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Well maybe Jammin Jamey knows something on this. He was at the 15th region turny, and I was in the blue crew for SV, and I swear that they announced this guy as "The #1 Junior College player in the Nation"

You're right, they did announce the young man as the #1 JUCO player in the nation. I wish I could remember his name...
I wouldnt get real excited about this guy folks, just remember Antwan Barber was also JUCO player of the year and he couldnt do anything at UK.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I wouldnt get real excited about this guy folks, just remember Antwan Barber was also JUCO player of the year and he couldnt do anything at UK.

Pikeville=UK????Smile
Alton Hart, google him and you can get a little more info
Guys is a Jr so he is not a Jr College player......and he isn't on their roster anymore.

Player of the week in November and not on the roster in Feb.?
NEXT Wrote:Guys is a Jr so he is not a Jr College player......and he isn't on their roster anymore.

Player of the week in November and not on the roster in Feb.?

He has about 1 semester left of eligibility. He is the one they were talking about. I saw him at the expo.
Evil Twin Wrote:Alton Hart

Correct.

Alton Hart is the young man in question. Rick Bentley (Sports information director at Pikeville College) says his nickname is "hop" and we will find out why.

Thanks Rick.
Go to their website and search his name..............
-STATS- Wrote:He was actually at the expo center during the 15th Region Title game and they honored him, but I forgot his name. But from what was said about his resume, he will be a good one.

Dismissed from NCAA-2 Columbus State Jan. 18 for "violating team rules," along with two teammates. He was already out for the year there after breaking his leg Jan. 13.

Oh, and the violating team rules? Ahem.

McCoy is gone, but PC continues to get the same kind of players. Somebody needs to tell the college president that his school would look better if it would stop being college basketball's halfway house.
hopefully he does good at Pikeville.