Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Looks good for Tubby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like Tubby will be around if he wants to be after all. I for one am glad.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2795480
I dont care who the Coach is next season as long as who ever it may be turns the team around and produces. I know we have won 20 games this season but none against a Ranked team, that has to change.
I agree with that Batpuff. That needs to change and we need ot work on recruiting, but it can all be done.
I just read this myself, and I really don't know what to think. Something has to change one way or another whether it be Tubby, the AD, or whoever, but being this bad is not acceptable.
If Tubby stays, this time next season we'll all be having this same discussion about another ten loss season and whether or not Tubby should be given another chance to turn this around this mess around. ( Wasn't that a discussion this time last year also? ) Enough is enough, and for people who can't/refuse to understand that, I have no sympathy. Putting a bandaid on for another year won't solve UK's long term problem. Other top programs like UNC, Indiana, UCLA etc solve their problems by removing the coach. Kentucky refuses to take this course. They'll have to take the consequences for such a cowardness stance.
First Time Caller Wrote:If Tubby stays, this time next season we'll all be having this same discussion about another ten loss season and whether or not Tubby should be given another chance to turn this around this mess around. ( Wasn't that a discussion this time last year also? ) Enough is enough, and for people who can't/refuse to understand that, I have no sympathy. Putting a bandaid on for another year won't solve UK's long term problem. Other top programs like UNC, Indiana, UCLA etc solve their problems by removing the coach. Kentucky refuses to take this course. They'll have to take the consequences for such a cowardness stance.

AMEN, Brother!
Tubby Will Pad The Schedule With Cupcakes So He Looks Goods.
I dont know what to think either about this.
:letsparty
Hey at least we know Shee-ray Thomas won't be back. That's gotta be a step in the right direction. Smile
That is a plus....but think of all the Juniors and Freshman that will be back next year. Basically the team minus Perry.
BCF4L Wrote:Hey at least we know Shee-ray Thomas won't be back. That's gotta be a step in the right direction. Smile

Yes indeed!! That's just one of the few positives about next year's team.
UK could be a great team if the coaching was right. Crawford, Bradley, and Morris all have loads of talent if they would just show it. Bradley and Crawford try to make things happen instead of letting the game come to them. Both are great shooters, but I think they fell as if they need to take over the game which only hurts the team. Morris has proved he can be a force if he wasn't so lazy. 29 points and 15 boards in one hell of a game. Where has that been all season? He definitely has the capability, but doesn't want to give 110% every game.
With Meeks and Jasper returning, it will only help UK. Jasper is an awesome defender, but needs to look at scoring more. I've noticed several games where he has had scoring opportunities but passed them up. If he can work on his jumpshot then I feel Jasper will be one of the top players in the SEC. Meeks is just awesome. He is a hustler, and a very gritty player. He brings a lot of intensity to the game and that will only help get UK fired up.
Recruiting isn't too much of an issue I don't think. I think Tubby just needs to learn to coach these guys in the right direction cuz UK could be a dominant team if they wanted to be.
rallo316 Wrote:Tubby Will Pad The Schedule With Cupcakes So He Looks Goods.

Well just how many cup cakes did he have this real. hummmmm So you think he will do it again next year.

One reason why UK made the Tourney was because of strength of schedule.
BCF4L Wrote:Morris has proved he can be a force if he wasn't so lazy. 29 points and 15 boards in one hell of a game. Where has that been all season? He definitely has the capability, but doesn't want to give 110% every game.

The reason Morris has looked lazy in so many games is simple. He did not want to risk injury in the regular season that would have damaged his chances of a future NBA contract. This kid thinks NBA 24/7....not UK basketball 24/7. Now that it's time to show what he has in his bag of tricks for the scouts in attendance for all these tourney games, he decides it's time to put out 100%. He could have been the difference in at least 5 of Kentucky's losses this year if he wanted.(remember Bama - " I just didn't have my head in the game" ) Morris leaving UK at the end of the season will be the best thing for him and UK. Maybe someday UK can field a team of kids who put out 100% every time the suit up....and maybe even someday field a team with some good 'ol Kentucky boys on it also.
First Time Caller Wrote:The reason Morris has looked lazy in so many games is simple. He did not want to risk injury in the regular season that would have damaged his chances of a future NBA contract. This kid thinks NBA 24/7....not UK basketball 24/7. Now that it's time to show what he has in his bag of tricks for the scouts in attendance for all these tourney games, he decides it's time to put out 100%. He could have been the difference in at least 5 of Kentucky's losses this year if he wanted.(remember Bama - " I just didn't have my head in the game" ) Morris leaving UK at the end of the season will be the best thing for him and UK. Maybe someday UK can field a team of kids who put out 100% every time the suit up....and maybe even someday field a team with some good 'ol Kentucky boys on it also.

I don't think we can say UK would be better off without Randolph. I think we prob wouldn't have won 10 games without him this year. He may be lazy at times, but without him we have no low post threat.
BCF4L Wrote:Hey at least we know Shee-ray Thomas won't be back. That's gotta be a step in the right direction. Smile

And Woo will be gone also. Only thing we'll be missing is Perry.

Should have good Senior leadership next year.
moofer Wrote:Looks like Tubby will be around if he wants to be after all. I for one am glad.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2795480

Mabe Tubby's giving the AD some of his salary to get to stay LOL!!!!!!!!Smile
First Time Caller Wrote:The reason Morris has looked lazy in so many games is simple. He did not want to risk injury in the regular season that would have damaged his chances of a future NBA contract.

I agree. :Thumbs:

I think Morris is gone after this season. He can leave anytime and no NBA was going to come in here and take him away during the season. Besides, do you think Morris is the kind of impact player that can suit up for an NBA ballclub and make them 10 wins better? Somebody will call him during the offseason and he'll jump ship then, which is fine by me because that makes room for Patterson.

This is a good move by Barnhart to deflect questions about Tubby during the tournament, plus it provides a stable front to Patterson and Lucas, showing them that there is some stability here and we need them to come.
I'm happy about it althought I admit some changes need to be made but this season isnt over yet.
First Time Caller Wrote:If Tubby stays, this time next season we'll all be having this same discussion about another ten loss season and whether or not Tubby should be given another chance to turn this around this mess around. ( Wasn't that a discussion this time last year also? ) Enough is enough, and for people who can't/refuse to understand that, I have no sympathy. Putting a bandaid on for another year won't solve UK's long term problem. Other top programs like UNC, Indiana, UCLA etc solve their problems by removing the coach. Kentucky refuses to take this course. They'll have to take the consequences for such a cowardness stance.
If you all dont wise up we will be having this same discussion next year.Get a pacifer!!!!!
jammin' jamey Wrote:I agree. :Thumbs:

I think Morris is gone after this season. He can leave anytime and no NBA was going to come in here and take him away during the season. Besides, do you think Morris is the kind of impact player that can suit up for an NBA ballclub and make them 10 wins better? Somebody will call him during the offseason and he'll jump ship then, which is fine by me because that makes room for Patterson.

This is a good move by Barnhart to deflect questions about Tubby during the tournament, plus it provides a stable front to Patterson and Lucas, showing them that there is some stability here and we need them to come.

Right on. :thumpsup:
Tubby should stay and coach but we need a better recruiting system because tubby cant recruit
UKGIRL20 Wrote:I'm happy about it althought I admit some changes need to be made but this season isnt over yet.
Season's not over yet but he's already shot the team in the leg for future seasons....... he has no top prospects interested in UK, the only one in the top 150 is 127th, that's a disgrace.
Tubby is a good coach and the reason that he cant get good recruits is because of all the negativity thrown his way who would want to play somewhere that all you hear is bad things about the coach.
DevilsWin Wrote:And Woo will be gone also. Only thing we'll be missing is Perry.

Should have good Senior leadership next year.
Makes me happy that Woo is leaving. That boy can't play ball.
cards_athlete Wrote:Makes me happy that Woo is leaving. That boy can't play ball.

I totally disagree CA......Woo ALWAYS gave 110% of what he had. He was incorrectlly used by Tubby. In Europe, he was a 'face the basket' type of player and could knock down the 12-15 ft jumper with the best of them. Tubby tried to make him play with his back to the basket, which he couldn't do. If Tubby really wanted to find a power forward instead of Thomas, he should have used Woo at PF and Morris at center, but the stubborn cuss wouldn't play the two of them at the same time. Woo's inability to become an impact player was the fault of Orlando Tubby Smith. I'll miss Woo. He's a great guy. Thomas and Perry.....glad they're gone.
cards_athlete Wrote:Makes me happy that Woo is leaving. That boy can't play ball.
Him and the whole team.
BFritz Wrote:Season's not over yet but he's already shot the team in the leg for future seasons....... he has no top prospects interested in UK, the only one in the top 150 is 127th, that's a disgrace.

Thats a blatant lie BFritz. There TWO Mcdonalds All-Americans who WILL be at Kentucky next year. #11 Patrick Patterson, and #20 Jai Lucas.
corndog23 Wrote:Thats a blatant lie BFritz. There TWO Mcdonalds All-Americans who WILL be at Kentucky next year. #11 Patrick Patterson, and #20 Jai Lucas.
That is a blantant lie corndog. Apparantly Patterson has the same amount of interest in UK as he does Duke, Florida, Virginia, and Wake Forest.

UK may be at the top of Jai's list, but he has just as much interest in Maryland, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State.

If UK doesn't win at least two games in the tourney, or at least give Kansas a very good game in the second round, I can see Kentucky dropping very low on those two's lists.
Pages: 1 2