Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I am gonna be a dad :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow I found out Thursday I am gonna be a dad. First time for me. I am excited and scared lol. Anyone wanna offer up some advice? I am eager to hear it.
Congratulations.. i'm not a dad yet so i can't offer none really.. sorry lol
Congrats....and enjoy it...it will be the best time in your life.
Well Im not a Dad yet either, lol but congrats and good luck with everything.
I am a dad three times over. If you have any questions just ask. Mine are 19,11 and 9. All boys.
I became a father in Feb of last year and let me be the first to tell you it is the greatest thing that you will ever experience. There is tons of work involved, but the reward is well worth it. Cherish every moment because they are only young once and time flies. Spend as much time with it as you can. Congratulations too by the way.
Congrats!!
Well I have an 11 year old daughter and its the best thing to ever happen to me. Enjoy every last second you have with them.
Well.... I have two boys and two girls 26 to 19 years old, and a grandson 7 last week and a grandson that will be here in another 6 weeks. My advice? Practice being patient, and don't say no or yes unless you mean it.
It is the greatest thing that has ever happened to you my friend!!!
My advice?? Name it Corn Dog Two Three
Congratulations!
Congrats man
Congratulations moofer.
Congrats. I'm not a mom yet nor do I think I will be... too much pain for me...but make sure you attend every soccer game or school play or anything they ever do....that really means alot to kids...espically girls to have their dad there even if they parents aren't together.
Congratulations! My advice is to not let your kids turn out like the bratty children I deal with every day!!!!!!! lol
Congrats moofer.
I have been a dad for 6 years. It is the most wonderful thing that I have experienced. It takes a great deal of time, love and money! I never understood just how much my parents loved me until I became a father. She or he will be the best component that has ever been added to your life and will fulfill your life with so much joy, happiness, and sadness. Have fun with the process and it will be a long process (LOL). Midee1 has a little more experience, but I have him beat on one thing. I have a girl and I am sure that it is an entirely different ballgame than he is use too!

:Wave:
First off, congratulations to you! We have 2 boys, ages 6 and 2. Like everyone else has already said, having a child changes EVERY aspect of your life but it's worth it.

I'm here if you want the REAL scoop on parenting. LOL.
BlueGrassGirl Wrote:First off, congratulations to you! We have 2 boys, ages 6 and 2. Like everyone else has already said, having a child changes EVERY aspect of your life but it's worth it.

I'm here if you want the REAL scoop on parenting. LOL.

hahaha yeah but for how long? lol.
[quote=crazytaxidriver]hahaha yeah but for how long? lol.[/quotecan

If you are referring to how long I'm gonna check in here on the site..well, I don't know..I'm a busy person BUT I can always be reached via email or IM. ah, I even have a phone um, but I do selective answering. Smile Anyway, I'm only a click away. Smile

As far as how long I've been a parent..6 years..long enough. The only thing I don't have experience with is the teenage years (except for my own) and frankly I don't want to get there. Smile I want my boys to stay young FOREVER.
corndog23 Wrote:My advice?? Name it Corn Dog Two Three
name it CHIPPER.
BelfryJustice Wrote:. Midee1 has a little more experience, but I have him beat on one thing. I have a girl and I am sure that it is an entirely different ballgame than he is use too!

After being married to one of those species for 15 years. Thank god I didn't have any little girls.

I never have to go thru the pink aisle at the toy stores. My boys can share clothes, I will never have to buy a prom dress, Never worry about one of my boys coming home pregnant and the big thing....I will never have to pay for a wedding.

Plus my oldest boy played football. How much more manly can you get?Big Grin
Congrats Man!!!
Congrats Moofer!
Congrats man... I can't wait to have kids...
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats I'm sure it will be a blessing
Refer to the Whipping A Child thread if you need anymore advice, haha.
Whatever you do....DON'T name it "Moofer"!!!!!! Congrats!!
Pages: 1 2