Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former Paintsville Great and U.K. Legend Joey Couch Dies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former Paintsville great and University of Kentucky legend Joey Couch has died. This is so sad. R.I.P.
Praying for his family and friends. I can’t imagine what they’re going through.
Thoughts and prayers from Pikeville for his family and friends and the entire Paintsville community!

I didn't know Joey personally but from the few interactions I've had with him it was obvious that he was a great guy!
Prayers for joey family this is unbelievable news for me morning you will be missed
Praying for his family and friends.
Incredibly sad!!!
The pride of Paintsville, former UK star defensive lineman Joey Couch has died. He was 49. His last year playing for UK was 1991.

"This is heartbreaking for me to say and no words can describe how sad I am right now," says his wife Angel on Facebook. "Joey was my soulmate, the one who made me laugh and the one who made me feel so safe in his arms. I went to sleep every night laying on his chest. It was the best feeling in the world. He passed away around 7:45 last night at our house. The corner ruled acute cardiac event. Please keep myself and his boys, Tyler Couch and Braxton Couch and His brother David Couch and his sweet mom Jane Calhoun Couch in your prayers. We will need it over the next few days and months to come. I will post his visitation and funeral arrangements later."

The picture is Joey Couch with another legend from Paintsville, J.R. VanHoose.

"Devestated to hear the news of the passing of my good friend and one of my all-time favorite Paintsville athletes and a hero of mine growing up, Joey Couch. Shocked when I received the news late last night." says VanHoose on Facebook. "I’m just speechless. Prayers go out to the all of the family, his wife, his sons, his brother David Couch and his mother Jane Calhoun Couch."

http://www.lex18.com/story/37081717/form...assed-away
So sorry , terrible news
He was a great guy. Prayers to his family and friends.
So sad to hear this. Prayers for his family.
Prayers from RAM Nation for his family & the Paintsville Community. Joshua 1:9
I hate to hear this. He was always a gamer
Hard news to swallow. One of the best players I ever saw. Prayers out to his family and the whole Paintsville community.
Sorry to hear this, prayers to his family...
Prayers to the Couch family and the Paintsville community.
Here is a video link to a short story EKB News did on the Joey Couch services held at Paintsville High School.

http://ekbtv.com/community-remembers-for...oey-couch/
Regretfully never had the pleasure of meeting him, but the number of people I've heard stories from speaks volume to the life he lived that was cut way too short. Nothing said will suffice, but many thoughts and prayers to his family.