Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Amendment Repeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, it looks like there will be no repeal of the Johnson Amendment attached to the tax package.

It is a sad day when terrorists can with impunity and under the protection of US law enforcement, radicalize American citizens and illegal immigrants alike, run military training camps, and potentially plan terror attacks on US soil out of local Mosques. Thanks Bill de Blasio. But Christian Churches are being regulated from touching on, or otherwise mentioning anything political from out of their pulpits on pain of losing their tax exempt status.

And by way of adding insult to injury---

Many if not most of those affiliated with Mosques are the beneficiaries of their US hosts, the American taxpayer. We fund everything from setting up the overseas facilities to recruit and transport refugees and chain migrants over here. To cash and housing when they arrive in the US. Breitbart took the time to catalogue the incredibly complex and over the top generosity of Uncle Sam to these folks in the following article and believe me, they thought of everything.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...n-fy-2017/

Whatever's happening to the US right now, good or bad, we're paying for it.
Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, give to God what is God's.
mr.fundamental Wrote:Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, give to God what is God's.

If you're being serious I feel sorry for you.

We are to submit ourselves to the higher authorities. However in the case of US citizens, those higher authorities do not have any authority over the rightful function of the Church. In fact, you may have heard of something called the US Constitution? In the First Amendment to the US Constitution is something there called the Establishment Clause [which prohibits the government from making any law “respecting an establishment of religion.” This clause not only forbids the government from establishing an official religion, but also prohibits government actions that unduly favor one religion over another. It also prohibits the government from unduly preferring religion over non-religion, or non-religion over religion.]

Fortunately the founders were in no wise confused on the matter as you seem to be. But I always appreciate it anytime someone posts Scripture to validate a point, even when that point is as in your case, ill conceived. I would counter your misapplied Scriptural reference with the following;
Acts 5:29 (KJV)
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

A quick check would reveal the contextual accuracy of this verse. Under the laws of men, again the afore mentioned First Amendment, government is not to tell folks how to conduct themselves in the Church, or how personal adherence to our Godly principles might affect our behavior out in society. Under God's law as I just referenced, if that which government orders men to do violates God's law, we are to adhere to the higher authority. The irony in this case is that sworn enemies of state, largely illegal immigrants, are allowed to prosecute jihad and on our own soil no less, largely funded by tax dollars, operating under the banner of a false religion and under the protection guaranteed by the First Amendment. While the true Church, the vast majority of which are legal citizens BTW, are persecuted by the state on political grounds and threatened with having to pay taxes for even speaking of political matters. Terrorists are protected while Christians are persecuted.

In a further twist of irony you're good with all that because of what? Such is surely not supported anywhere in Scripture, that leaves only Democrat political ideology.