Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paul Laurence Dunbar @ Pikeville (Pikeville Invitational Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First round matchup set for 8:30 on Friday.

Thoughts/predictions?
Dunbar by 10+
Strikeout King Wrote:Dunbar by 10+

I believe I’ll take that bet
Dunbar is pretty mediocre. Pikeville should win by 10 or so on their home floor.
After watching Pikeville vs Huntington Prep, I like what this team has so far this year. Lots of potential and a chance to get back to Rupp.
PHSForever Wrote:After watching Pikeville vs Huntington Prep, I like what this team has so far this year. Lots of potential and a chance to get back to Rupp.

When did PHS play Huntington Prep?? I don't see the game on either schedule...the only "normal" school that Prep played lost by 108 points.
Pikeville has only played 1 regular season game (didn't start the season until Dec. 9th) and they won by 33.

According to Huntington Prep's schedule/website, they have not played Pikeville

http://www.huntingtonprep.com.prod.sport...1513360700
Strikeout King Wrote:Pikeville has only played 1 regular season game (didn't start the season until Dec. 9th) and they won by 33.

According to Huntington Prep's schedule/website, they have not played Pikeville

http://www.huntingtonprep.com.prod.sport...1513360700
Pikeville played last tie night at Pikeville .. beat Huntington Prep by 10 ... not preps entire roster but better than anything they will see in 15th
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Pikeville played last tie night at Pikeville .. beat Huntington Prep by 10 ... not preps entire roster but better than anything they will see in 15th

It's not on either schedule so...
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Pikeville played last tie night at Pikeville .. beat Huntington Prep by 10 ... not preps entire roster but better than anything they will see in 15th

I'm not saying your lying about it but 1 of 2 things happened...

1. The game was a late addition to the schedule and got played and Pikeville won (If that's the case then you'd think Pikeville would have added it to the KHSAA Schedule) and brag about it a little bit. Huntington Prep is no pushover.

2. It happened as a scrimmage but isn't scrimmages this late in the season against KHSAA rules? Actually, isn't it against KHSAA rules to play any team like Huntington Prep, Hargrave or any big prep school like those?
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm not saying your lying about it but 1 of 2 things happened...

1. The game was a late addition to the schedule and got played and Pikeville won (If that's the case then you'd think Pikeville would have added it to the KHSAA Schedule) and brag about it a little bit. Huntington Prep is no pushover.

2. It happened as a scrimmage but isn't scrimmages this late in the season against KHSAA rules? Actually, isn't it against KHSAA rules to play any team like Huntington Prep, Hargrave or any big prep school like those?
I appreciate that you don’t think I’m lying.. especially since I was there.. if the particulars of the game are important to you.. call the school I’m sure they can help you out.
Was there as well. They did play (and beat) Huntington Prep. I only caught the second half. Prep had some really dandy players.
Out of curiosity, why was this game not recorded as an official game? Was it considered a scrimmage? If so, then Pikeville committed a KHSAA no-no I do believe.
Huntington Prep has several teams. JV and such. I can guarantee you that this was not their top team.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Huntington Prep has several teams. JV and such. I can guarantee you that this was not their top team.

It's absurd to think Pikeville would actually beat a top 10 team in the country. I know they're delusional if they're saying that. I'm more interested in Pikeville posters on here possibly self admitting to breaking a scrimmage bylaw.
Motley Wrote:It's absurd to think Pikeville would actually beat a top 10 team in the country. I know they're delusional if they're saying that. I'm more interested in Pikeville posters on here possibly self admitting to breaking a scrimmage bylaw.

If your worried report them..
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:If your worried report them..

Will do!
Motley Wrote:Will do!

Let me know how that works out for you.. lol
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Let me know how that works out for you.. lol

Will do. In the meantime keep bragging about imaginary wins over top national programs that mysteriously aren't being reported.
Motley Wrote:Will do. In the meantime keep bragging about imaginary wins over top national programs that mysteriously aren't being reported.

Your name wouldn't happen to be DICK would it?
Motley Wrote:Will do. In the meantime keep bragging about imaginary wins over top national programs that mysteriously aren't being reported.

And you keep playing the Jenkins and Piarist of the world and bragging about your record
ok, so he's kinda, sorta right...if you look on Prep's site, you see they have a "blue" team which consists of NONE of the players from the main team....and you can tell by the picture a BIG difference....so they did NOT beat the Prep team we see on TV....and I guess it was a scrimmage??
Motley Wrote:It's absurd to think Pikeville would actually beat a top 10 team in the country. I know they're delusional if they're saying that. I'm more interested in Pikeville posters on here possibly self admitting to breaking a scrimmage bylaw.
It was out in the open at the school. I don’t think they’re too worried about it being a violation, I’m sure it was cleared beforehand. I don’t know enough about Huntington Prep to know if this was JV, Varsity, or what. I just know what their jerseys said. They had some very very good players and height. As another poster said, even if it were not the varsity, it was better than anything else in the 15th. That’s pretty true, for the most part.

You keep doing you, man. Keep right on worrying about KHSAA violations at other schools and conspiracy theories or whatever else it is you worry about. Lol
Wildcat1 Wrote:ok, so he's kinda, sorta right...if you look on Prep's site, you see they have a "blue" team which consists of NONE of the players from the main team....and you can tell by the picture a BIG difference....so they did NOT beat the Prep team we see on TV....and I guess it was a scrimmage??
If you simply go to the website and look at the roster.. you will see 4 kids get between 9- 20 mins on varsity.. but it’s much more fun to pretend it’s not true than actually fact check... so he’s kinda sorta wrong.
The ones on the blue team aren't listed on the main page roster if I'm not mistaken. Oh well. Fun to dream
Good to know the basketball law protects us on this board.:popcorn::
They beat a JV team. Yay. All I did was ask a simple question. Was this an official game or a scrimmage? Nobody has answered that yet. Should have no problem with Ballard tonight though the way it sounds.
Ummmm...Ballard was a problem. Good team
Motley Wrote:They beat a JV team. Yay. All I did was ask a simple question. Was this an official game or a scrimmage? Nobody has answered that yet. Should have no problem with Ballard tonight though the way it sounds.
Because I don’t know if it was official or a scrimmage or I would answer it for you. Use your amazing KHSAA deductive powers to figure it out. Lol

No Battaile tonight against Ballard. Not sure he would have put them over Ballard, but his absence definitely did not help. Sprained ankle as I heard it, from being stepped on during the Dunbar game. Hope for a speedy recovery.