Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Floyd Central 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and predictions? 8-4 in the first season, and a home playoff win. The Jaguars lose 4 starting offensive lineman and do it all QB Dylan Caudill will be hard to replace. The whole backfield returns besides QB. Defensively we are returning most of our starters
6 on offense
8 on defense
I watched the team improve all year and I expect them to get better in the off season and learn. I do hope more athletes within the school come out and play. I look for us to pickup maybe a couple more wins but our cross district for next year is tougher than it was this year..
Go Jags!
Another runner up finish in the district looks possible as PCC and LC lose 15-20 seniors each, but replacing Caudill is the key for the Jags. If his role can be adequately filled the Jags could up end with another home playoff game against either Garrard County or Western Hills, both of which are good teams and won road games in the playoffs this season.

Unfortunately Lexington Catholic and Boyle County are both top 5 in 3A next season and in the 3rd region. Either could win the title and will be the end of the road in round 2.
I was thinking about this today at work. Are they one hit wonders?

Especially in basketball where they have a great chance at going to Rupp but what is going to be coming back next year?
If no changes to the schedule are made, here is what it will look like:
Home- Harlan
Away- Betsy Layne
Home- Breathitt County
Away- Lynn Camp
Away- Prestonsburg
Away- Pike Central
Away- Belfry
Home- Sheldon Clark
Bye week
Home- Lawrence County
Home- Letcher County Central
Theyll be as good or better if they can figure out a good replacement for Dylan Caudill at QB running game should be tough as nails if O-line does there job biggest hole on D will be replacing Ethan Howard but i think theyve got players who can fill void
Spud6 Wrote:I was thinking about this today at work. Are they one hit wonders?

Especially in basketball where they have a great chance at going to Rupp but what is going to be coming back next year?

I don't think your employers are paying you to think about Floyd Central. You're cheating the man. Come on, Spud. :novb:
Any transfers ?
Westside Wrote:I don't think your employers are paying you to think about Floyd Central. You're cheating the man. Come on, Spud. :novb:

Slow day lol
Spud6 Wrote:I was thinking about this today at work. Are they one hit wonders?

They had a good opening year in football. Hopefully they will have a good second year as well. As far as basketball if they go to the rupp it will be to watch they won’t win any big games they don’t have the coach for it he’s a pure moron. I have watched him play players I wouldn’t let be 6tf or 7th men off the bench and he is starting them. He don’t make changes even when something is going bad and the ones that can’t do their job is working out. I don’t think they will even come close to making it to the rupp but we will see. When u got 2 of the top players in the region from last year on the bench one being Dylan Caudill he is like 7tg or 8th man off the bench mostly just plays when it’s due to foul trouble to other big guys. Kolby Slone never gets play time he is one of the quickest players in the team and best defensive players on the team as well. Something wrong with that picture. He is playing all south Floyd players which some like Jake Collins, Brady Conn, and j.r Tackett yes should be starters but that’s about as far as south Floyd players go for starters
DarrinC Wrote:They had a good opening year in football. Hopefully they will have a good second year as well. As far as basketball if they go to the rupp it will be to watch they won’t win any big games they don’t have the coach for it he’s a pure moron. I have watched him play players I wouldn’t let be 6tf or 7th men off the bench and he is starting them. He don’t make changes even when something is going bad and the ones that can’t do their job is working out. I don’t think they will even come close to making it to the rupp but we will see. When u got 2 of the top players in the region from last year on the bench one being Dylan Caudill he is like 7tg or 8th man off the bench mostly just plays when it’s due to foul trouble to other big guys. Kolby Slone never gets play time he is one of the quickest players in the team and best defensive players on the team as well. Something wrong with that picture. He is playing all south Floyd players which some like Jake Collins, Brady Conn, and j.r Tackett yes should be starters but that’s about as far as south Floyd players go for starters
First off Cameron Nelson is the best defender in the region he shut down Wyatt Battile and Dylan gets a lot of playing time coming off the bench as the 6th man. Kyle starts because he can shoot the 3 ball. Coach Spurlock wants his team to be able to shot all around the court. The Jaguars will make it to Rupp and depending on who comes out of the 5th region the Jags could win a game.
MountainBall44 Wrote:If no changes to the schedule are made, here is what it will look like:
Home- Harlan
Away- Betsy Layne
Home- Breathitt County
Away- Lynn Camp
Away- Prestonsburg
Away- Pike Central
Away- Belfry
Home- Sheldon Clark
Bye week
Home- Lawrence County
Home- Letcher County Central

I am going to get this back on football......If this schedule is accurate and FC returns a decent team than I could see 6-0 start and 8-2 or 9-1 finish. Lawrence Co is a toss up and Belfry is...well Belfry. A district runner up means you host Garrard Co or Western Hills (depending upon whether or not Robinson is there). 3rd in the district puts you on the road to Lexington Catholic or Boyle Co in round 1, neither of which will be a good trip.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I am going to get this back on football......If this schedule is accurate and FC returns a decent team than I could see 6-0 start and 8-2 or 9-1 finish. Lawrence Co is a toss up and Belfry is...well Belfry. A district runner up means you host Garrard Co or Western Hills (depending upon whether or not Robinson is there). 3rd in the district puts you on the road to Lexington Catholic or Boyle Co in round 1, neither of which will be a good trip.
They can go 8-2 or 9-1 but Dylan Caudill will be the biggest player to replace. Caleb Hager is going to more than likely be Caudill's replacement. Brady conn would probably be moved to the main wide receiver spot. The offensive line loses 3 starters in Whitaker,Turner,and Morris. Their is a lot of good underclassman lineman that can step up this season. Josh Whitaker returns off a strong season in the backfield he can go for over 1000 yards this season. Colby Slone will also be hard to replace this year but Dalton Boyd should be able to step if everything goes right coming off a torn ACL. The defense will have some big holes to be filled especially at the linebacker position. Brenden Little can replace Howard at MLB. If the jags can figure everything out they should be able to have a season like last year if not better.
Dustin Huff will be back off a 92 tackle season and Elijah Cotton will be there too both can run the ball on offense too so theyll be fine
Heard today that the Jags were getting a couple transfers from Paintsville this summer that should help them.
Blackcat2001 Wrote:Heard today that the Jags were getting a couple transfers from Paintsville this summer that should help them.

Have they been Floyd Countians before?

Side note I see Paintsville beginning to step back a bit in 2018. This will only further slow their roll.
I can see all the Floyd Co kids from Paintsville, central and Pikeville return to Floyd co and play for Floyd Central. l:biglmao:

I can see this bunch leave a football team that went 11-2 a basketball team that went 20-10 and a baseball team that is 17-9

I'd say spring football Floyd Central had college coaches lined the field every morning to watch practice.

Paintsville slowing down?? Have you seen their 7th and 8th grade teams
Kids like new. I just have a hard time without saying South Floyd or Allen Central. Our little schools are disappearing.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Have they been Floyd Countians before?

Side note I see Paintsville beginning to step back a bit in 2018. This will only further slow their roll.

Paintsville has a lot of good athletes at the middle school level coming up in all 3 sports. I don't see them taking a step back anytime soon.