Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 78 Prestonsburg 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Is Raceland even projected in the top 5 in the 16th? Same old song and dance for the basketball team. How did they do against Shelby Valley?
The Daily Independent’s basketball preview had a Northeastern Ky. coaches poll of area teams. Raceland was not in the top ten.
Let's call a Spade a Spade. Prestonsburg's athletic program, for the most part has been irrelevant the past seventeen years. I have a few athletic highlights listed below (yes, I know I probably missed some achievements). Multiple factors (that I'm not going to get in to) have led athletes to other schools or they have give up sports all together. A 2A school doesn't have that many students to begin with. When players are transferring or not coming out for the season, things can go down hill quickly. I have no ill-will towards the Blackcats, but the amount of money they spend on athletics and with facilities they have, there is no reason why PBurg doesn't have a top program in the 15th region area.

2001 2A state runner-up football.
2003 State Wrestling champ, Nick Chaffin @ 119 lbs.
2013 Elite 8 baseball.
2017 Girls Soccer regional champ.

Like I said, there is probably some I have missed from 2001-present, but IMO, these are the highlights.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Let's call a Spade a Spade. Prestonsburg's athletic program, for the most part has been irrelevant the past seventeen years. I have a few athletic highlights listed below (yes, I know I probably missed some achievements). Multiple factors (that I'm not going to get in to) have led athletes to other schools or they have give up sports all together. A 2A school doesn't have that many students to begin with. When players are transferring or not coming out for the season, things can go down hill quickly. I have no ill-will towards the Blackcats, but the amount of money they spend on athletics and with facilities they have, there is no reason why PBurg doesn't have a top program in the 15th region area.

2001 2A state runner-up football.
2003 State Wrestling champ, Nick Chaffin @ 119 lbs.
2013 Elite 8 baseball.
2017 Girls Soccer regional champ.

Like I said, there is probably some I have missed from 2001-present, but IMO, these are the highlights.

The "spade and brother spade" are the only common factors at Pburg since 2001. I say fold this hand and start all over. Otherwise your chip count will continue to decrease. :biglmao:
Well Prestonsburg was on their way to a very good baseball program but they screwed that up.. We all know what happened there. We all know whats wrong,kids leaving,transfering..Even some of the best former blackcats ever, their own kids don't play for Prestonsburg.. That should tell you something.
I really hope for the players that things get better. Good luck cats