Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee Offers Head Coaching Job To Jeremy Pruitt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Tennessee Volunteers have reportedly made Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt their top target in what has become a long and messy coaching search.

According to Tennessee insider Jimmy Hyams, the Vols have now officially offered the job to Pruitt, but there are still some details being ironed out.

Chief among those issues is whether Pruitt will be able to keep coaching the Crimson Tide during their upcoming College Football Playoff run, which seems like a lot for new AD Phillip Fulmer to ask:

Could this entire deal fall apart if Tennessee tries to keep Pruitt from coaching in the CFP? That wouldn’t be surprising at all at this point, based on the roller-coaster ride the entire search has been.

With the way the fan base revolted against Greg Schiano and Fulmer’s apparent insistence that Pruitt start right away and ditch the Crimson Tide, it’s a wonder that anyone is considering the Vols’ opening at this point.

If Tennessee wants to hire Pruitt, it will likely have to do the right thing and let him continue to coach through the end of Alabama’s Playoff run.I

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennes...my-pruitt/
When I think of Jeremy Pruitt, I automatically think of asparagus.
[YOUTUBE="I Ain't Ever Heard Of It"]Dgmk_fHguMk[/YOUTUBE]
Pruitt is the new man. He is my cousin Confusednicker:
Great hire!!
Florida upgrades, Tennessee upgrades, South Carolina keeps improving, and Georgia is on top after one year.

But don’t worry Mark Stoops will get us to a mediocre bowl game, lose, and be 7-6!! But we’ll be good next year... hehehe
Who?
God love Tennessee!! They finally got them a coach!!
And the saga ends
Granny Bear Wrote:God love Tennessee!! They finally got them a coach!!

better than expected.
MountainBall44 Wrote:Great hire!!
Florida upgrades, Tennessee upgrades, South Carolina keeps improving, and Georgia is on top after one year.

But don’t worry Mark Stoops will get us to a mediocre bowl game, lose, and be 7-6!! But we’ll be good next year... hehehe

sad but true.
You may not believe this, but a middle school coach from Kentucky was offered this job. He turned it down because they would only offer a 5 year contract at 6.3 million per.
^^You are correct..I don't believe it!!

Say what you will about Phillip Fulmer, but he sure got the job done!!! He handled that situation quickly and effectively and came out with, what I believe, is a wonderful person for the job.
MountainBall44 Wrote:Great hire!!

Very true. Also Pruitt has put together a fantastic staff so far. We are year five under Stoops and he’s still giving Coordinator jobs to people that’s never shown much success as such. Keeping House as a D-Coordinator will be a huge mistake again next year.

But But But he’s better than Joker and that seems to be what the fans want and are happy to settle for. just be better than Joker.

This was a down year for the East and UK couldn’t capitalize on that, like I’ve been saying, they all will rebuild next year and we will go back to the bottom of the barrel, but we’re better than Jokers teams Confusednicker:

Congrats UT on your good hire.
DillardC Wrote:You may not believe this, but a middle school coach from Kentucky was offered this job. He turned it down because they would only offer a 5 year contract at 6.3 million per.

You're right. I don't believe it .
Demarcus ware Wrote:Very true. Also Pruitt has put together a fantastic staff so far. We are year five under Stoops and he’s still giving Coordinator jobs to people that’s never shown much success as such. Keeping House as a D-Coordinator will be a huge mistake again next year.

But But But he’s better than Joker and that seems to be what the fans want and are happy to settle for. just be better than Joker.

This was a down year for the East and UK couldn’t capitalize on that, like I’ve been saying, they all will rebuild next year and we will go back to the bottom of the barrel, but we’re better than Jokers teams Confusednicker:

Congrats UT on your good hire.
Pruitt at Tennessee will be battling for the top recruits and will hurt the SEC East , and show lots of improvement as early as next season. Too bad Kentucky won't follow suit and bring a top notch defensive coordinator and discipline to the program.