Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 86 Knott County Central 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from WYMT Classic.

I thought this game started at 6. I was wrong!!! I only got to watch the second half.

Knott County may have had a fatigue factor in their game tonight because they certainly didn't look like the team that played last night!

Lady Bears looked phenomenal to me in the second half! The rebounding, blocking out, shot selection ALL of the fundamental were in place and sharp.

Congratulations Lady Bears!!!!
And they think they can beat us? Really....
I watched the second half on tv. Harlan County is very talented and deep, rotating 9 players in and out of the game. It’s going to take a strong team to defeat them, and I don’t think that type of competition exists for them in the mountains. Green and Gross are D-1 talent and are complimented by a good supporting cast.
The Lady Black Bears are a well coached and disciplined team as well. Fun to watch.
Some one got some gravy for them taters tonight.....
Knott county got spanked on their home court. Harlan county is a level higher than any 14th region team or many other teams across the state. Here is what I saw with this one. Harlan county is very confident and play extremely hard. They aren't afraid to be physical and aggressive. They have two potential D1 players, but share the ball like they don't have any. Very well coached and will make a run at the state level. As for Knott, the only player that seemed to be up to the challenge last night was Higgins. The other four starters did not come to play, which is sad because they were on their home court. If Knott plays intimidated like they did last night, then it will be a long season for them. Coach Honeycutt is a really good coach and I think you will see some changes to this team.
Da Truth Wrote:Knott county got spanked on their home court. Harlan county is a level higher than any 14th region team or many other teams across the state. Here is what I saw with this one. Harlan county is very confident and play extremely hard. They aren't afraid to be physical and aggressive. They have two potential D1 players, but share the ball like they don't have any. Very well coached and will make a run at the state level. As for Knott, the only player that seemed to be up to the challenge last night was Higgins. The other four starters did not come to play, which is sad because they were on their home court. If Knott plays intimidated like they did last night, then it will be a long season for them. Coach Honeycutt is a really good coach and I think you will see some changes to this team.

I don't think it means a lot for Knott. Harlan County blew them out in the WYMT last year, then they won 18 straight before losing in the state tournament. They won't play anyone like that in the 14th this year unless Perry has improved a lot.
Harlan County is a state level competitor. I’m not saying they could beat defending champion Mercer County who returned all their starters or a team like Sacred Heart, those are National level teams, but anyone else in the state would be in their range.

And I want to add that I watched their coach in the interview room following the game and was very impressed with her. She knows the game, is confident, and knows how to get her team ready and in a position to win. Appears to know the X’s and O’s.
Harlan County is setting up for a very special year, tons of talent and experience and very well coached to top it off.
Debbie Green was a phenomenal player in her high school years.

One of the things that impress me the most about her is her discipline. There are no excuses with her and her discipline is applied evenly and fairly, IMO.
[Image: uha8hkD.png]

I tell you one thing, there were two things that took a fierce beatin last night. First were my Lady Pats and second was the hospitality room. Those Bearz came in and provided a whippin like we haven't seen. Hightide told the girls in the locker room they are getting a whippin like his granpappy use to give, wowza! At halftime I looked across the gym and saw granny bear torturing a voodoo doll. I knew we were in trouble. No SOS or Mayday was going to help Honeycutta last night. All we can do is regroup and figure out how to get the concrete out of our shoes and put some metmucil in our game. I was so depressed that I freakin wore out the hospitality room. Somebody told me Floyd and Clay won. I guess they are correct cause this fatman didn't come out of the boars nest the rest of the night.

#chasedalosswithaheartburn More mash taters please!!!
[attachment=o3666]

How much of a factor was fatigue in KCC's game.
Granny Bear Wrote:[attachment=o3666]

How much of a factor was fatigue in KCC's game.

[Image: PQNZlgZ.jpg]

No excuses granny, we just got whipped. Harlan county has a freakin semi pro team. Honeycutta must be reading JPC's handbook. On page 3 paragraph 2, it states that we should start off a season playin a semi pro team to get us tough, wowza! Ole fatpat didn't come up with an excuse to not eat the last piece of fried chicken last night in the hospitality room even though I ate for 3 hours straight. Baby, I took care of business.

#excusescannotdefineus More mash taters please!!!
I appreciate your attitude fatpat but facts are facts and not excuses. Fact is, Jada was the only one moving with athletic speed and grace. Everybody else appeared to be struggling to just keep up.

Soon the conditioning will be a non issue for all teams, but since I saw KCC play the night before, I know that they were feeling some fatigue from that game.

In any event, good luck going forward!
I thought Knott played on Monday and Wednesday. Did they play back to back days?
I'm not sure, I thought it was back to back.

I'm getting old!!
Green and Gross are big time players. Bears have nice roll players to go with them and are very well coached.
Monday was Leslie vs North-----KCC vs. Paintsville
Tuesday was Leslie vs South
Wednesday was KCC vs Harlan..
Harlan Co is loaded. The length of hc is what scares me. Their bigs move so well. Gross especially
KingCommodore Wrote:And they think they can beat us? Really....
No one in the 14th could come close to this Lady Bear team, they are loaded. The 14th is a toss up between Knott, Perry, Hazard, and Leslie, should be a good year unless any of those play out of region, then it gets ugly. TongueirateSho