Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan Co at Lewis Co EKC championship Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Cougars will travel to Vanceburg Thursday night to face Lewis at 7:30. This is Morgan’s best start since 2005. Should be a really good game.
Morgan Co wins by 15+.
The game starts at 7pm. Morgan county should win by 15 to 20 points.
Based on what? LC handled Bath pretty good the other night while Morgan struggled with them.
HD28 Wrote:Based on what? LC handled Bath pretty good the other night while Morgan struggled with them.

Bath Co really underperformed in the game based on the previous 2 weeks. Near 50% from the field average in the Breathitt scrimmage and 1st 2 games of the season. Haven't seen stats on Lewis Co game but venture to say it was in the mid 30's. Was not the team from the Breathitt Co scrimmage, the Morgan Co shoot out, or the Rowan Co win.

Loss to Lewis Co may wind up being a good thing in the long run as Bath Co travels to a solid Menifee Co on Friday night. I am sure Coach Williams and the staff are using the practice time wisely for that district seeding game.
I would be really surpised that Billman's Lions lose at home in Gary Kidwell's EKC Tournament Championship game.

Ill say the Lions pull it out in 8 on 5 fashion by 5.
HD28 Wrote:Based on what? LC handled Bath pretty good the other night while Morgan struggled with them.

A kid for Bath county, Pemberton averaged 5.9 per game last season went off for 24 points against Morgan. Bath is better than people thought and did not play well against Lewis the other night. Morgan county's top 7 kids are really athletic kids, Lewis may be able to hang with them. Should be a good matchup.
Fighter09 Wrote:A kid for Bath county, Pemberton averaged 5.9 per game last season went off for 24 points against Morgan. Bath is better than people thought and did not play well against Lewis the other night. Morgan county's top 7 kids are really athletic kids, Lewis may be able to hang with them. Should be a good matchup.

Pergrem. 6 PPG last year because 3 senior guards playing in front of him or he would have been doing it then and would be one of the 16th region "watchlist" guys this year. Been hanging 20 a game on travel teams since he was 10. Had Bath not missed 14 free throws (17-31) at Morgan they would have won.

And no they did not play well at Lewis. Hope that is good motivation for the Menifee game.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Pergrem. 6 PPG last year because 3 senior guards playing in front of him or he would have been doing it then and would be one of the 16th region "watchlist" guys this year. Been hanging 20 a game on travel teams since he was 10. Had Bath not missed 14 free throws (17-31) at Morgan they would have won.

And no they did not play well at Lewis. Hope that is good motivation for the Menifee game.

That's good for the kid. Morgan missed 11 ft's also. So..... We won't go there. I am glad to see Bath actually competitive in basketball again. And hope they win that balanced district.
OVille Baller Wrote:I would be really surpised that Billman's Lions lose at home in Gary Kidwell's EKC Tournament Championship game.

Ill say the Lions pull it out in 8 on 5 fashion by 5.

You were correct!
I’d say Lewis Co had a little to do with Bath’s performance.
Morgan Co with their usual whining and crying. First EKC championship in Vanceburg since 1956 but yea they cheated.
HD28 Wrote:Morgan Co with their usual whining and crying. First EKC championship in Vanceburg since 1956 but yea they cheated.

Congrats to Lewis county.