Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 16th Region Ranking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After week one. What are your thoughts?

1. Boyd Co.
2. Ashland
3. Elliott Co
4. Greenup Co
5. Morgan Co
6. Bath Co
7. Rowan Co
8. Russell
9. East Carter
10. Lewis Co.
11. Menifee Co.
12. Fleming Co
13. Raceland
14. West Carter
15. Fairview
16. Rose Hill

Lewis County can improve their stock this week. So can Menifee County if they can pull off a road win at Fleming County. Greenup County has been short handed and will start putting up some points. Potential rematch of Bath County/ Morgan County in the EKC Championship game is intriguing after last weeks shootout in West Liberty that Morgan Won 86-83.
That looks pretty good. I definitely think Boyd and Ashland are tops in the region. 3 thru 6 are all pretty even I think.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:After week one. What are your thoughts?

1. Boyd Co.
2. Ashland
3. Elliott Co
4. Greenup Co
5. Morgan Co
6. Bath Co
7. Rowan Co
8. Russell
9. East Carter
10. Lewis Co.
11. Menifee Co.
12. Fleming Co
13. Raceland
14. West Carter
15. Fairview
16. Rose Hill

Lewis County can improve their stock this week. So can Menifee County if they can pull off a road win at Fleming County. Greenup County has been short handed and will start putting up some points. Potential rematch of Bath County/ Morgan County in the EKC Championship game is intriguing after last weeks shootout in West Liberty that Morgan Won 86-83.

Final Menifee Co beat Fleming Co on the road so their stock rose tonight.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:After week one. What are your thoughts?

1. Boyd Co.
2. Ashland
3. Elliott Co
4. Greenup Co
5. Morgan Co
6. Bath Co
7. Rowan Co
8. Russell
9. East Carter
10. Lewis Co.
11. Menifee Co.
12. Fleming Co
13. Raceland
14. West Carter
15. Fairview
16. Rose Hill

Week 1 looks a lot different for a few teams than preseason. I will expect things to continue to change the next few weeks.

Bath / Morgan rematch would be entertaining.
I'll never understand why some folks only look at the name of the school and assume they will be good.
HD28 Wrote:I'll never understand why some folks only look at the name of the school and assume they will be good.

Or assume they won't based on the name on the jersey. You can say this about every sport also.
Boyd dominated Elliott tonight in every aspect. Not sure if that means Elliott should be ranked much lower or if everyone below Boyd and Ashland is just that bad. Time will tell, I suppose
Solid win by Menifee tonight against District rival Bath, 65-56. Dalton Barnett had 28 points/13 rebounds.
Lewis and Menifee look like top 5 teams right now. Menifee's Dalton Barnett looks like the best player in the region.
Another big win for Menifee County over Rowan County, 66-61! This is a team full of confidence right now. Dalton Barnett is establishing himself as the best player in the region. Absolutely lethal from mid-range.
Barnett looking like the leading candidate for 16th region POTY
As much as it pains me to say it, after seeing both teams play, I'd have to put Ashland 1 and Boyd 2....unless BC picks up the intensity level consistently and maintains it for 4 quarters every night, they're not going to win the region.
Ashland has established themselves as the clear frontrunners in this region. They have impressive double digit wins over Lewis, Raceland, Capital (WV), and Greenup. The show they put on at times against Capital (WV) and Greenup makes me think they may need to be ranked in the top 20 statewide. They are the real deal this year.

Boyd is the other team that can contend for the region. Their leading scorer is Gunner Short, a senior transfer from Fairland (OH) who might be capable of leading them to the title. They were a good team already, but now that they got the new guy, it might put them over the top. The Boyd-Ashland games this year will definitely be ones to watch as both teams have the talent to put some real fire back into this longtime rivalry.

I'd say the top player in this region is either Chase Villers from Ashland or Short from Boyd.

The rest of the region is mostly a jumble of teams that beat each other on any given night. Lewis, Morgan, Menifee, Greenup, Raceland, Rowan, Bath, Elliott, and East are all fairly even. I understand what you are saying about Menifee and Barnett. They have looked good so far. They just don't play Ashland or Boyd at all this season so I won't know for sure how they stack up until they play them.

TIER 1 - Ashland

TIER 2 - Boyd

TIER 3 - Lewis, Morgan, Menifee, Greenup, Raceland, Rowan, Bath, Elliott, East

TIER 4 - West, Fairview, Russell, Fleming

TIER 5 - Rose Hill
nekysportsfan Wrote:Ashland has established themselves as the clear frontrunners in this region. They have impressive double digit wins over Lewis, Raceland, Capital (WV), and Greenup. The show they put on at times against Capital (WV) and Greenup makes me think they may need to be ranked in the top 20 statewide. They are the real deal this year.

Boyd is the other team that can contend for the region. Their leading scorer is Gunner Short, a senior transfer from Fairland (OH) who might be capable of leading them to the title. They were a good team already, but now that they got the new guy, it might put them over the top. The Boyd-Ashland games this year will definitely be ones to watch as both teams have the talent to put some real fire back into this longtime rivalry.

I'd say the top player in this region is either Chase Villers from Ashland or Short from Boyd.

The rest of the region is mostly a jumble of teams that beat each other on any given night. Lewis, Morgan, Menifee, Greenup, Raceland, Rowan, Bath, Elliott, and East are all fairly even. I understand what you are saying about Menifee and Barnett. They have looked good so far. They just don't play Ashland or Boyd at all this season so I won't know for sure how they stack up until they play them.

TIER 1 - Ashland

TIER 2 - Boyd

TIER 3 - Lewis, Morgan, Menifee, Greenup, Raceland, Rowan, Bath, Elliott, East

TIER 4 - West, Fairview, Russell, Fleming

TIER 5 - Rose Hill

I like the breakdown and agree but may just go with 3 tiers: Ashland and Boyd in #1, Tier #3 is #2, and all the rest in #3.

Your tier #3 is divided equally 3 teams per district that I agree are all a toss up. Who doesn't make the region?

61st - Bath, Menifee, Rowan, Fleming (Fleming hosts)
62nd - Morgan, Elliott, East, West (Morgan hosts)
63rd - Greenup, Lewis, Raceland, Russell (Russell hosts)

Greenup is #1 right now and handled Russell without their leading scorer at Russell already this season.
Morgan looks to be #1 right now and hosts. They are TOUGH to beat in West Liberty.
Menifee is 3-0 in district and would be #1 right now but may have to face the host Fleming. Menifee won 74-72 last week in Flemingsburg and Barnett had 30. That one could be an interesting 1-4 matchup.
I think Ashland is tops, followed by Boyd. And I do agree it gets tricky after that. I would have to put Lewis at #3 due to taking Bath to overtime before losing, and defeating Morgan in overtime at Lewis. Morgan #4, Menifee #5, I still think Barnett is as good if not better than anyone else in the region. Elliott Co #6 Bath co #7, Greenup #8, East Carter# 9 Rowan, Fleming and Raceland next. District time should be fun for 3 of those districts for sure.
Very Very weak Rrgion Ashland is the best team for now Boyd is OK Lewis is the sleeper along with Bath nut as weak as this region is theres 8 teams that could win the regional tournament. Mountain Basketball is down outside of Knox Central.
Fighter09 Wrote:I think Ashland is tops, followed by Boyd. And I do agree it gets tricky after that. I would have to put Lewis at #3 due to taking Bath to overtime before losing, and defeating Morgan in overtime at Lewis. Morgan #4, Menifee #5, I still think Barnett is as good if not better than anyone else in the region. Elliott Co #6 Bath co #7, Greenup #8, East Carter# 9 Rowan, Fleming and Raceland next. District time should be fun for 3 of those districts for sure.

Lewis took Boyd to overtime.
My Top 10

1. Ashland
2. Boyd Co
3. Lewis Co
4. Morgan Co
5. Greenup Co
6. Menifee Co
7. Elliott Co
8. Bath Co
9. Raceland
10. East Carter
OVille Baller Wrote:Lewis took Boyd to overtime.

Sorry meant Boyd.