Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 55 Pikeville 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wasn't real impressed with Valley. This was the first time I have seen them play, I was expectin ungodly talent. Coulda just caught em on a bad night, IDK. They are very young and have some bright spots, the future looks good for Valley. Ashley Hatfield didn't impress me at all, I thought he was suppose to be one of the best, if not the best post player in the region. Elisha Justice is the real deal, he is so quick on both ends of the floor.

Congrats Valley, good luck, represent the 15th well.
Redneck Wrote:I wasn't real impressed with Valley. This was the first time I have seen them play, I was expectin ungodly talent. Coulda just caught em on a bad night, IDK. They are very young and have some bright spots, the future looks good for Valley. Ashley Hatfield didn't impress me at all, I thought he was suppose to be one of the best, if not the best post player in the region. Elisha Justice is the real deal, he is so quick on both ends of the floor.

Trust me Ashley is and will be a great player. He just didn't play well in this game, he has shown D-1 caliber play at times this season, he will be special.
Larry Legend Wrote:Trust me Ashley is and will be a great player. He just didn't play well in this game, he has shown D-1 caliber play at times this season, he will be special.

Someone else who sees it! Ashley is a big man, can handle the rock, and can shoot the lights out, he will get looked at by some mid major D-1 schools, right it down.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I agree that people should be good sports, win or lose. I hate to see either team talk trash after a big game because it makes the school look bad as well.

Speaking of bad sports though, things like Pikeville chanting "No Class" during the trophy presentation don't make people like your school too well either.

One of the main reasons people root against Valley is that they have won the region 4 times recently and they are always in the mix come tournament time. It's not because some of their fans get on here and brag because every team has fans that do that. That's just the way it is when a team does well. Any team that had had as much success would have people rooting against them.

Good game by both teams though. I thought the tournament went great and there were many competitive games. Pikeville has fought hard all season long, and they really made strides. I love having the tournament at the Expo.

You want to know why Pikeville cheered "No Class" during the trophy presentation. Pikeville goes up there to accept their Runner-Up trophy, and the Valley fans think it would be a great idea to cheer "Shelby Valley" while they go up there. Yes, that's a really classy act. If you want to see an act of a bad sport, look no further. It's hard to be classy to someone who shows you know respect and has no class. I saw nothing wrong with Pikeville sticking up for their team. Pikeville, minus a lapse after the game, had very civil cheers, and I appreciate the fans for keeping it that way.

Both teams played well, and I wish the best to the PLAYERS of Shelby Valley and their quest for a State Championship.
He better put on a few pounds. Like I said, this was the first time I seen em play, coulda just been a bad night IDK.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Someone else who sees it! Ashley is a big man, can handle the rock, and can shoot the lights out, he will get looked at by some mid major D-1 schools, right it down.
I've played AAU with him and he definately has the potential to be a great player...
youknowwhoibe Wrote:You want to know why Pikeville cheered "No Class" during the trophy presentation. Pikeville goes up there to accept their Runner-Up trophy, and the Valley fans think it would be a great idea to cheer "Shelby Valley" while they go up there. Yes, that's a really classy act. If you want to see an act of a bad sport, look no further. It's hard to be classy to someone who shows you know respect and has no class. I saw nothing wrong with Pikeville sticking up for their team. Pikeville, minus a lapse after the game, had very civil cheers, and I appreciate the fans for keeping it that way.

Both teams played well, and I wish the best to the PLAYERS of Shelby Valley and their quest for a State Championship.

While Pikeville was taking their picture, it was announced that Shelby Valley was the winners of the 15th region, did you want us to delay the celebration, and the people would have got on here and dogged us for cheering without a reason?
Congrats Shelby Valley on a hard fought victory. This game was hard fought and not very clean at all. Cant wait to see them at Rupp in a few weeks.
Congrats to Valley and hopfully they can make a run in the state tourney, the best draw the 15th has had in years....Hopefully it will be Elliott Co up next for Valley, I think Valley would cause them alot of problems on the other hand Ashland is athletic and could be a tough matchup for the Wildcats...I have them coming out on top eighter way though. The've already proven they can play with Warren Central, which potentially could be their 2nd round opponent.
Redneck Wrote:I wasn't real impressed with Valley. This was the first time I have seen them play, I was expectin ungodly talent. Coulda just caught em on a bad night, IDK. They are very young and have some bright spots, the future looks good for Valley. Ashley Hatfield didn't impress me at all, I thought he was suppose to be one of the best, if not the best post player in the region. Elisha Justice is the real deal, he is so quick on both ends of the floor.

Actually - I wasn't impressed with them either -- all week long -- and I am a fan. IDK, but I hope they get their groove back. Ashley is an awesome
player, still battling an ankle injury from 2 weeks ago. Kyle never really played enough to show his potential, due to injury, #32 Jacob is a good, strong, solid player and didn't come with it. #10 to much foul trouble, HELL, I am just making excuses - the truth they didn't paly worth shit -- not the same team I have followed all year. But they will get it back together and if they don't -- we're still going to Rupp. But you are right Elisha is the real deal....he carried us. I wish you could have seen more games - you would have been impressed.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:While Pikeville was taking their picture, it was announced that Shelby Valley was the winners of the 15th region, did you want us to delay the celebration, and the people would have got on here and dogged us for cheering without a reason?
It was way before that!!!!
Yeah they could probably beat both Elliott or Ashland.
When Pikeville was chanting" Back to the Holler" after the game..Where do they think they are from?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:When Pikeville was chanting" Back to the Holler" after the game..Where do they think they are from?

The city, lol. You do have to livein the city limits to attend Pikeville.
Redneck Wrote:The city, lol. You do have to livein the city limits to attend Pikeville.

Before they took out that big ol' mountain, they lived up in some of these here hollows too, in case they have forgotten.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:When Pikeville was chanting" Back to the Holler" after the game..Where do they think they are from?

well.... i found that very unneccesary and i didnt add into that chant...it was only about 25% of our section saying it
Congrats Wildcats, represent the Valley well at Rupp Arena!!
And to the Panthers, great game--keep your heads up!!

[i, for one, am proud to be a representative of one of those hollersBig Grin]
MyOwnCinderellaStory Wrote:Congrats Wildcats, represent the Valley well at Rupp Arena!!
And to the Panthers, great game--keep your heads up!!

[i, for one, am proud to be a representative of one of those hollersBig Grin]

No longer live back in the hollow, but definitely have lived almost in the head of one, and have to say "We love these hollows"
up in these parts, it's pronounced "hollER", buddy.

Wink
Gotcha, well these holler boys put together one heck of a game tonight, as did the Pikeville boys.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:While Pikeville was taking their picture, it was announced that Shelby Valley was the winners of the 15th region, did you want us to delay the celebration, and the people would have got on here and dogged us for cheering without a reason?

No, lets not get it twisted. Valley started cheering as Pikeville started to walk up there to recieve there Runner-Up trophy. It was quite a time after before they declared Valley the 15th Region champs. And noting the holler cheer, I did not approve of that one and wished our fans would had not stooped to that level. But Valley clearly was not showing any respect for the Panthers. Though, they did show respect to the individual athletes on the All Region Team. But you have to learn young man that in life the best thing to do is have class. It doesn't matter if no one else around you is acting classy or if no one is respecting you because when you stoop to their level, you are no better than them. The best thing to do is to always have respect for your opponents and show class towards them because, in the end, being a good person is much more important than winning or losing a game.

I wish the Valley players good luck at State and hope they can bring back the State Championship Trophy to the 15th region.
okay, so... the administrator has already closed one post due to everyone fighting about the fan sections... so let's please not start another fight. it's over.. let's move on.

Ashley didn't have a very good tournament, but a lot of the reason was that he was in foul trouble in every game. He will eventually stop doing that when he realizes that it is hard for them to win without him on the floor. I think he has a ton of talent though.

To answer your statement, he really isn't what I would consider a real post player. He is more of a face the basket kind of big man.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Ashley didn't have a very good tournament, but a lot of the reason was that he was in foul trouble in every game. He will eventually stop doing that when he realizes that it is hard for them to win without him on the floor. I think he has a ton of talent though.

To answer your statement, he really isn't what I would consider a real post player. He is more of a face the basket kind of big man.

And those kind are some of the best, look at Dirk for the Mavericks.
Panther Thunder Wrote:well.... i found that very unneccesary and i didnt add into that chant...it was only about 25% of our section saying it

That was the same with Valley's "We are Valley" chant, started moments before Pikevile got their trophy. Only a few people chanted it. A parent was the one who actually started it. ONce she realized Pikeville was up there, she quit, but a few of the fans kept at it. I was right in front of the lady that started it. It a rivalry, what do you expect. While some fans hate each other, most hate each other with respect - haha. Every school has the few fans that think with their a$$ before they act, and they usually stand out. Thats why people hate Valley so much. Every other school has the same type of fans, Valley's just seems to get more publicity.

But enough about that. This was a sloppy, but a good game. It was kinda expected to be close and sloppy, considering this was the 4th time these 2 teams have met - and this one being the obvious game to win.

The rivalry between these two teams has picked back up to the glory it had a few years ago. Cant wait to see how it unfolds in the coming years.

Congrats Pikeville, it was a good game.

Congrats Valley, Good luck at RUPP!!
Congrats To <font color=blue> Shelby Valley.... both teams played well i thought... Good Luck at Rupp Cats... Iam going to go with You Guys...
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Pikeville has 3 more years of dealing with Taylor Newsome, Elisha Justice, and Ashley Hatfield, no mean to disappoint, but don't be looking for Pikeville to be going to state any time soon.
These boys are good, but aren't invincible gods. Pikeville starts three sophomores, they're freshmen were arguably the best around (they didn't have a tourney this year), and the Junior High won the county tournament. Pikeville and Valley will be in it to win it probably against each other for some time.
peace, love, and crew Wrote:okay, so... the administrator has already closed one post due to everyone fighting about the fan sections... so let's please not start another fight. it's over.. let's move on.

my apologies.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:You've made that clear, thanks again.
ComeFlyWithMe, I have decided tonight that you are a bad person, you want to keep being a bad person, your pretty arrongant, you don't really care if you ever offend anyone because after all you were right all along in your head. Unless you change yourself soon everyone in the world would be better off if you would stop talking.
Pages: 1 2 3