Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Carol Burnetts 50th Anniversary Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone get to catch this on cbs last night?

Thoughts?
This was my very favorite show and I watched every single week. Carol Burnett basically put on a theatrical performance every single week. Per her stats that she shared last night Bob Mackey designed every single outfit that were worn in her shows over 11 season; that's over 70,000 costumes.

I missed Tim Conway not being there! He was the heart of most of the comedy scripts. You could tell that Carol and Lyle Wagoner are very old. She is 84, and I can't remember how old he was. Guess I'm getting old too. Smile

Anyway, I LOVED going down memory lane with that show. I hate that some of the participants have passed away, ie Harvey Corman, Jim Nabors, etc and the others are so old, but I guess that's life!!

For ME this was a 10 out of 10.
I have great memories of my childhood literally rolling on our family room floor with my parents watching this show back in the 70s.

Tim Conway was our favorite. His ability to make Corman "lose it" more times than not was always a riot...