Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jimbo Fisher Heading To Texas A&M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Texas A&M has its new head football coach and it’s none other than Jimbo Fisher, who leaves Florida State the day before his team plays a pivotal game with bowl eligibility on the line. Reports say his deal could be worth as much as $7.5 million per year, which would make him the third highest paid coach in the country, behind only Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney.

With the Florida State job now open for the first time in 41 years, we’d be remiss if we didn’t at least address the possibility of Mark Stoops’ name being on the list of candidates. Stoops has a successful history at Florida State, and his resume looks pretty good having turned a 2-10 Kentucky program into a program going into its second straight bowl game after two consecutive 7-5 seasons.

It’s unlikely Stoops will be high on the Seminoles’ list, but his name will get tossed out there in Tallahassee discussions. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about, but it is worth watching in the days to come.

Also of note: Kentucky plays at Texas A&M next season, pitting Stoops against his former boss.I

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-...-texas-am/
Westside Wrote:Texas A&M has its new head football coach and it’s none other than Jimbo Fisher, who leaves Florida State the day before his team plays a pivotal game with bowl eligibility on the line. Reports say his deal could be worth as much as $7.5 million per year, which would make him the third highest paid coach in the country, behind only Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney.

With the Florida State job now open for the first time in 41 years, we’d be remiss if we didn’t at least address the possibility of Mark Stoops’ name being on the list of candidates. Stoops has a successful history at Florida State, and his resume looks pretty good having turned a 2-10 Kentucky program into a program going into its second straight bowl game after two consecutive 7-5 seasons.

It’s unlikely Stoops will be high on the Seminoles’ list, but his name will get tossed out there in Tallahassee discussions. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about, but it is worth watching in the days to come.

Also of note: Kentucky plays at Texas A&M next season, pitting Stoops against his former boss.I

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-...-texas-am/

Confusednicker:

Don't get your hopes up, Gut.
A&M just did what Kentucky refuses to do.

Pay top dollar to get a good coach and the coach they want.

I pray Florida State is dumb enough to come for Stoops
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A&M just did what Kentucky refuses to do.

Pay top dollar to get a good coach and the coach they want.

I pray Florida State is dumb enough to come for Stoops

Stoops wont leave Kentucky, its too easy of a gig for him, 7 wins and a bowl game and he is set. At FSU he would actually be held accountable.
plantmanky Wrote:Stoops wont leave Kentucky, its too easy of a gig for him, 7 wins and a bowl game and he is set. At FSU he would actually be held accountable.

If Florida State offers it, Stoops will take it. Football is king at FSU. It obviously isn't at UK. The pay would be better. He would have a shot (not really with his coaching ability) of winning a national title at FSU. Plus I have meet very few great coaches who didn't have huge egos even on the high school level. I honestly think that is partly what drives them and makes them great not that Stoops is remotely great anywhere but in his own eyes.
Westside Wrote:Confusednicker:

Don't get your hopes up, Gut.

Who would Kentucky get if he did leave ?
A&M put their money were their mouth was and went and got their man.