Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elliott County 51 Russell 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to Elliott County
Poor shooting from the Devils, missed wide open layups,freethrows cost Russell the game.

So that said good luck to Elliott County against Ashland now that Russell is done I will have to pull for the school who has never won a region championship.
Congrats EC
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Poor shooting from the Devils, missed wide open layups,freethrows cost Russell the game.

So that said good luck to Elliott County against Ashland now that Russell is done I will have to pull for the school who has never won a region championship.
How many region championships has Ashland won?
cards_athlete Wrote:How many region championships has Ashland won?
Not sure but Elliott County has 0 so thats why I'm pulling for them instead of the local school.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Not sure but Elliott County has 0 so thats why I'm pulling for them instead of the local school.
Yea, it's always great to pull for an underdog or someone who has never won it before.
what time is the game ?
The Fan Wrote:what time is the game ?
Ashland vs Elliott Monday at 7 pm.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Ashland vs Elliott Monday at 7 pm.
Thanks any info on what radio stations will cover it online
Looks like the loss of VanHoose finally caught up with them. Russell really missed his ballhandling and scoring ability against the Elliott Co press. No go to scorer for Russell. Along with Blairs sprained ankle and horrible shooting. A repeat just wasn't in the cards.

Congratulations to Elliott Co. They really just out hustled Russell today. Every rebound, every big shot and every lose ball was had by the young Lions. IMO they will win the region...
Congrats Elliott.
Their not really the "young" lions, even though the faulkners and ferguson are just in 10th grade. They are old enough to be juniors and seniors, so they are really the same age and maturity as seniors, which when they become seniors, they will prolly be full grown men by then.
Even with the "not so young" Lions. Russell still had the best athletes on the floor. Problem was with VanHoose gone and Blair nursing an ankle Elliott Co had the best basketball players on the floor.
Congrats
Great Job Elliott Co....
Russell ... it is now baseball season.....
Who is the kid in the 8th grade for Elliott??? How big is he???? I can only say wow to an 8th grader playing and scoring like he did.. Heard alittle on the radio but did not get to listen to all the game due to being out of range.... Hate it for our Devils.... But congrats to Elliott Co.
COngrats Elliott Co.
Elliott will win the region......an more than likely next year also.
footballdaddy10 Wrote:Their not really the "young" lions, even though the faulkners and ferguson are just in 10th grade. They are old enough to be juniors and seniors, so they are really the same age and maturity as seniors, which when they become seniors, they will prolly be full grown men by then.

Really? I did not know that. Did their parents hold them back or something?
FBALL Wrote:Even with the "not so young" Lions. Russell still had the best athletes on the floor. Problem was with VanHoose gone and Blair nursing an ankle Elliott Co had the best basketball players on the floor.

Well said. I think every area team jumped for joy when they heard that Jonathan was out for the season. The loss of Vanhoose and the lack of time to prepare without him ended up to be just too much for the Devils to overcome. With Jonathan I don't think anyone would have come close to beating the Devils. Without him, they just didn't have enough time to work things out because without him it completely changes the way we play and the way people play us. Nobody would have come within 10 points of Russell with Jonathan and I truely believe that. Russell played great defense for 3 quarters but the shots weren't falling, some calls went against Russell and Elliott is just too good of a team to overcome those things. This will always be the year that everyone says " What If". I thought that this team could go to Rupp and make some noise, they did almost(should've) beat Mason County and many thought they could win some games at state, especially with the draw that the 16th region got. But it wasn't meant to be... The lord works in mysterious ways and I guess Jonathan wasn't meant to play in Morehead. I would like to say that it's been an honor to work with these seniors for the past fours years and a few of them go back even further. I wish every single one of them the best. If this is the worst thing that happens to them, they'll do just fine. Thanks for all the great memories we've had.... It's been a blast.
Yea, they were held back in 7th, maybe 8th grade. The twins neways, idk about ferg
Ref Devil Wrote:Well said. I think every area team jumped for joy when they heard that Jonathan was out for the season. The loss of Vanhoose and the lack of time to prepare without him ended up to be just too much for the Devils to overcome. With Jonathan I don't think anyone would have come close to beating the Devils. Without him, they just didn't have enough time to work things out because without him it completely changes the way we play and the way people play us. Nobody would have come within 10 points of Russell with Jonathan and I truely believe that. Russell played great defense for 3 quarters but the shots weren't falling, some calls went against Russell and Elliott is just too good of a team to overcome those things. This will always be the year that everyone says " What If". I thought that this team could go to Rupp and make some noise, they did almost(should've) beat Mason County and many thought they could win some games at state, especially with the draw that the 16th region got. But it wasn't meant to be... The lord works in mysterious ways and I guess Jonathan wasn't meant to play in Morehead. I would like to say that it's been an honor to work with these seniors for the past fours years and a few of them go back even further. I wish every single one of them the best. If this is the worst thing that happens to them, they'll do just fine. Thanks for all the great memories we've had.... It's been a blast.

Good post ref devil, and your right, with Jon, The red devils blew Elliot and Ashland out the last week of the season, and played without Gill, Jon stood up and hit big shots for 4 years , when no one else could and there was no one in the state that could really guard him, I thought he was probally the best guard in the state when he torched Darius Miller for 20 something at 5/3rd, Jon going down was the only chance the 16th had, too bad it didnt work out, but Elliot or Ashland will be the beneficiary, and my guess is Elliot beats Ashland, good luck to all the Red Devils, it was fun watching you this year!
Wonder if any of the other Red Devils will be playing anywhere next year?
Ashland is usally in the Top 5 every year.

They havent won it since the OJ Mayo era. They beat Rose Hill out OJ's 7th grade year at Rose Hill, and lost to Rose Hill in the championship the next year.

The game will probably be on 102.9 WLKS FM West Liberty
it looked like a couple guys out there, one imperticularly comes to my mind, just didnt want it. at some points it was almost like they had no leadership when they got into a tight bind. it was very unfortunate that Hoose had to go down when he did. Devils are still #1 in my book in everything though. all i can say now is lets go elliot.
Get them next year Devils!
Congrats to EC
footballdaddy10 Wrote:Their not really the "young" lions, even though the faulkners and ferguson are just in 10th grade. They are old enough to be juniors and seniors, so they are really the same age and maturity as seniors, which when they become seniors, they will prolly be full grown men by then.

footballdaddy10 you need to stick with football & get your facts straight before you make comments like this that you are not 100% positive as being correct. The twins & ferguson are 16 having just got their license a couple months ago. The twins will be 17 in June not exactly sure on Fergs birthdate but he will be 17 after them. This puts them at 18 their Sr. year & 19 the summer after gradauating. Why would a parent want to send their kid out in the world at 17 when they can keep them home another year & let them go to another Regional final which Russell will not be a part of and hopefully to the Sweet 16. We all need to have our facts straight when talking about someone else's kids on these sites or anywhere else. This is very common with holdbacks(which there are alot throughout the state) & some are even 19 during the season of their Sr. year so I would consider them correct age!
it really looked like at some times on the court (times when john would step up and hit a 3 pointer or take control of a game) everybody was jsut waiting for somebody to take that role. unfortunately nobody did... but it was still a great season. disapointing at the end but they did good.
Another Asssist Wrote:footballdaddy10 you need to stick with football & get your facts straight before you make comments like this that you are not 100% positive as being correct. The twins & ferguson are 16 having just got their license a couple months ago. The twins will be 17 in June not exactly sure on Fergs birthdate but he will be 17 after them. This puts them at 18 their Sr. year & 19 the summer after gradauating. Why would a parent want to send their kid out in the world at 17 when they can keep them home another year & let them go to another Regional final which Russell will not be a part of and hopefully to the Sweet 16. We all need to have our facts straight when talking about someone else's kids on these sites or anywhere else. This is very common with holdbacks(which there are alot throughout the state) & some are even 19 during the season of their Sr. year so I would consider them correct age!
Not to be critacal. And not to say anything is wrong. But 16 going on 17 is old for sophs. But holding kids back is much more common now than it used to be.