Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Championship Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How would you rank the remaining teams in the Championships?

1: Trinity
2: Covington Catholic
3: St. X
4: Mayfield
5: Corbin
6: Danville
7: Boyle Co
8: J. Central
9: Beechwood
10: Franklin Simpson
11: Madison Southern
12: Raceland

These teams were super hard to rank... picks 4-9 are all toss ups in my opinion, but you have to make the picks! Thoughts???
I wouldn't worry about this. As long as my team wins #13, people can mythically rank them wherever they want.
Its not worrying... just a little fun to hold us over until Friday-Sunday... I thought this would be an interesting thread
I think this is good. Especially if everyone knows it's a PRE CHAMPIONSHIP Rankings.
I will be up all weekend so I'm going to add a POST Championship Ranking. Should be fun!
CS17 Wrote:How would you rank the remaining teams in the Championships?

These teams were super hard to rank... picks 4-9 are all toss ups in my opinion, but you have to make the picks! Thoughts???

4-9 are hard to make. Corbin beat Mayfield, Danville beat Boyle, but Beechwood beat Corbin and who's to say that Danville won't beat Mayfield? (I think Mayfield takes that game). It's hard to see a team like Beechwood matching up against a team like JC, but would matchup better with Danville, Mayfield, and Corbin. The top 3 are probably solid though, in that order, and the bottom 3 are probably solid in that order as well.
CS17 Wrote:How would you rank the remaining teams in the Championships?

Man that’s a good one. You would have to just judge it by the teams season so far, because after about the top 3 or 4, it all goes to matchups a little. I’ll have to think about that one for a little bit
4: Corbin
5: Johnson Central
6: Mayfield
7: Danville
8: Beechwood
9: Boyle Co
10: Madison Southern
11: Franklin Simpson
Explorer Wrote:1: Trinity
4: Corbin
5: Johnson Central
6: Mayfield
7: Danville
8: Beechwood
9: Boyle Co
10: Madison Southern
11: Franklin Simpson

I like that one. MS might be below the last two. Beechwood and Boyle might be higher. This one is tough
Curious.

Why is Beechwood so low in so many of these polls?

I mean I understand why most rank Corbin ahead of Mayfield. They beat the Cards.

And Danville ahead of Boyle. They beat the Rebels.

But going by that logic, how is Beechwood below Corbin? And so far below in some?

I know that Corbin and Beechwood could have gone either way. The Hounds outgained the Beechies and only lost by a TD.

But Boyle outgained Danville and lost on a 45 yard Field Goal with :43 left to play, 10-7. Boyle even had more yardage than the Ads in that game but had one more turnover than Danville.

Just curious about rationale in your rankings.
I thought about Beechwood at 5, but ever time I looked at the next team I bumped them down until it was no brainer and thus, they ended up at 8. MS is better than people think but getting running clocked in the title game wont help that change.
1. Trinity starters
2. Trinity JV
3. Trinty Frosh
4. Trinity coaches wearing extra pads from the equipment van.
1 Trinity
2 Cov Cath
3 St X
4 Johnson Central
5 Danville
6 Beechwood
7 Boyle
8 Corbin
9 Mayfield
10 Franklin Simpson
11 raceland
12 Madison
Hatz Wrote:Curious.

Why is Beechwood so low in so many of these polls?

I mean I understand why most rank Corbin ahead of Mayfield. They beat the Cards.

And Danville ahead of Boyle. They beat the Rebels.

But going by that logic, how is Beechwood below Corbin? And so far below in some?

I know that Corbin and Beechwood could have gone either way. The Hounds outgained the Beechies and only lost by a TD.

But Boyle outgained Danville and lost on a 45 yard Field Goal with :43 left to play, 10-7. Boyle even had more yardage than the Ads in that game but had one more turnover than Danville.

Just curious about rationale in your rankings.

The reason I put Mayfield above Corbin was because they were without the dual threat QB, and only lost by 3, now that he is back i think they would edge it out against them. The I did the same as mentioned above with BWood, I just looked at who I thought would win the game. I dont see it as a knock against BWood because like i said in my original post... they are toss ups. The middle of this pack is so close IMO! That is why I started the thread
1. Trinity
2. Covington Catholic
3. St Xavier
4. Danville
5. Boyle
6. Corbin
7. Mayfield
8. Johnson Cemtral
9. Beechwood
10. Madison Southern
11. Franklin-Simpson
12. Raceland
I sense the post Championship rankings will be a little different.
As I see it now;

1. Trinity
2. Cov. Cath
3. St. X
4. Danville
5. Boyle
6. Franklin Simpson
7. Johnson Central
8. Beechwood
9. Corbin
10. Mayfield
11. Madison Southern
12. Raceland

I would love to see Trinity/Cov. Cath
1. Trinity
2. St X
3. CovCath
4. Boyle County
5. Danville
6. Franklin Simpson
7. Johnson Central
8. Beechwood
9. Mayfield
10.Corbin
11. Madison Southern
12. Raceland
PHSFAN Wrote:1. Trinity
2. St X
3. CovCath
4. Boyle County
5. Danville
6. Franklin Simpson
7. Johnson Central
8. Beechwood
9. Mayfield
10.Corbin
11. Madison Southern
12. Raceland

Somebody watches football and understands what they are looking at.

This is spot on.
FoSho Wrote:Somebody watches football and understands what they are looking at.

This is spot on.

Have you seen Covington catholic play?
Woodsman Wrote:Have you seen Covington catholic play?

Nope

But I have seen T and X play.
FoSho Wrote:Nope

But I have seen T and X play.

Yep. That explains a lot. Please inform yourself before you comment. I'm pretty confident "somebody watches football" and doesn't "understand what they are looking at." Cch has a far more potent offense and significantly better defense than st X. The deciding factor in a trinity vs cov cath matchup would be rondale moore. The kid is amazing. A true stud. I think if they play 10 times cov cath wins 4-6. Those 2 are by far the best teams in the state. No disrespect to st x and Scott county, but they aren't the same caliber. It's just that simple.
I see it this way with a * games I attended

1. Trinity*
2. St. Xavier*
3. Covington Catholic ( Did not see them play)
4. Boyle County*
5. Danville*
6. Franklin Simpson*
7/8 Beechwood ( Did not see them play )
7/8 Corbin*
9. Mayfield*
10. Johnson Central*
11. Madison Southern ( Did not see them play )
12. Raceland ( Did not see them play )
64SUR Wrote:I see it this way with a * games I attended

1. Trinity*
2. St. Xavier*
3. Covington Catholic ( Did not see them play)
4. Boyle County*
5. Danville*
6. Franklin Simpson*
7/8 Beechwood ( Did not see them play )
7/8 Corbin*
9. Mayfield*
10. Johnson Central*
11. Madison Southern ( Did not see them play )
12. Raceland ( Did not see them play )

I watched St X vs trinity. I've followed Covington Catholic throughout the year. I have no idea why you would put st x ahead of cov cath. That baffles me.

Edit to add....I did not see your parenthetical
Woodsman Wrote:Yep. That explains a lot. Please inform yourself before you comment. I'm pretty confident "somebody watches football" and doesn't "understand what they are looking at." Cch has a far more potent offense and significantly better defense than st X. The deciding factor in a trinity vs cov cath matchup would be rondale moore. The kid is amazing. A true stud. I think if they play 10 times cov cath wins 4-6. Those 2 are by far the best teams in the state. No disrespect to st x and Scott county, but they aren't the same caliber. It's just that simple.

I didn't read your post. I have an opinion too. I think you're third. If you don't like it I apologize. 🙄
FoSho Wrote:I didn't read your post. I have an opinion too. I think you're third. If you don't like it I apologize. 🙄

You are more than entitled to your unfounded opinion.
Woodsman Wrote:I watched St X vs trinity. I've followed Covington Catholic throughout the year. I have no idea why you would put st x ahead of cov cath. That baffles me.

Edit to add....I did not see your parenthetical

It may have something too do with me not watching the Covington vs Madison Southern game.:popcorn: :popcorn: But I did make a prediction in the Predictions thread Covington Catholic 56 Madison County 07........I didn't see you're prediction Woodsman now that baffles me :HitWall::HitWall:
Woodsman Wrote:You are more than entitled to your unfounded opinion.

I tell you what.

I'll make you first if you'll quit crying.
64SUR Wrote:It may have something too do with me not watching the Covington vs Madison Southern game.:popcorn: :popcorn: But I did make a prediction in the Predictions thread Covington Catholic 56 Madison County 07........I didn't see you're prediction Woodsman now that baffles me :HitWall::HitWall:

Forgive me for not understanding your emoji ridden comment.
FoSho Wrote:I tell you what.

I'll make you first if you'll quit crying.

That's how you respond when someone questions your logic? Telling.
Woodsman Wrote:That's how respond to questioning of your logic?

Dude, I don't care. What are you 12?

You understand that this is just a discussion and opinion forum, right? This doesn't mean anything. You aren't going to get a trophy for this.

Go to bed. Or don't. But I am. Lol
Pages: 1 2