Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnny Martin wins 15th Region Coach Of The Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard from a source that Johnny Martin has won coach of the year in the 15th. Im thinking this is the truth, but if anyone else can clarify it I would appreciate it.
well if so congrats....He really deserved it
My vote goes to

Bart Williams
Lee Jones
Denny Paul May
Todd May

Not a better staff anywhere. What they have done with the Pikeville program is nothing short of amazing. Going to continue to get better too. Great job guys.

:rockon:
Yepp, Johnny won it. Congrats Coach well deserved!
Congrats to Johnny Martin he is a great coach.

I was so sure OLD DAWG was coach of the year.
Coach was deserving of the award. Going to through out a couple of names that could/should have won.

Jason Booher- Yes, one of more talented teams yet, Booher gets the title despite high expectations of this young group.

Clay Campball - Had a good season until they ran into a buzz-saw in Allen Central. Phelps will still be o.k. with good group returning.
Johnny has my vote. Bart Williams was getting some consideration but after last night he lost any chance of my vote. How do you leave the Bell on the bench in the 3rd quarter when you are struggling handlin the pressure when he is your best ball handler. I think if he would have been in the game Valley may not have made that run.
thepharmacist Wrote:Congrats to Johnny Martin he is a great coach.

I was so sure OLD DAWG was coach of the year.

OLD DAWG ???
Randy Casey did a good job. Dealt with discipline issue involving star player and both came out better for it.

After loss to pHelps Team played best ball of season and was one of better playing teams in region. Just the regional champs were better on that night.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Johnny has my vote. Bart Williams was getting some consideration but after last night he lost any chance of my vote. How do you leave the Bell on the bench in the 3rd quarter when you are struggling handlin the pressure when he is your best ball handler. I think if he would have been in the game Valley may not have made that run.

He had 3 fouls Tubby, watch the game!!! I am glad you don't coach because you wouldn't last long!!
I thought he was in fould trouble as well, but he in fact only had 2, I was listening to the game while watching and the guys on the radio were asking the same question I was. How do you not start the kid after the game he had against AC?
Congrats to him
How does Booher not win thsi as well? Starts 3 freshamn, 1 sophomore and 1 Junio, and wins the 15th and is now headed to Rupp. The 14th and 15th Region's selections are ridiculous IMO!
The votes were cast prior to the Regional Tournament for one thing.

Not taking anything from Booher- but come on - this group of Freshmen did not become the players they are in one season. They have been a work in progress.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:How does Booher not win thsi as well? Starts 3 freshamn, 1 sophomore and 1 Junio, and wins the 15th and is now headed to Rupp. The 14th and 15th Region's selections are ridiculous IMO!

Also, Booher didn't lose to any team in the 15th this season.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:How does Booher not win thsi as well? Starts 3 freshamn, 1 sophomore and 1 Junio, and wins the 15th and is now headed to Rupp. The 14th and 15th Region's selections are ridiculous IMO!

Well, Booher hasnt won 5 combined games the past 2 seasons and then wins 23 games this season and he didnt have one of the biggest feel good stories in the state. Johnny, well deserved and congratulations!
I agree with AC's coach winning, but I would also like to say that some credit should be given to Pikeville's Bart Wiliams. It is good to see the Valley/Pikeville rivalry re-emerge from the past few years and get back to the way it was in the early 90's!
RattleSnake Wrote:Well, Booher hasnt won 5 combined games the past 2 seasons and then wins 23 games this season and he didnt have one of the biggest feel good stories in the state. Johnny, well deserved and congratulations!

So Booher needs to have some really bad seasons to win coach of the year? I think the pick is terrible IMO.
I agree Pikeville staff did a great job. I really like Johnny Martin but he did lose to Pikeville both times with better talent. Should be between Booher and Williams.......
HazzBeen Wrote:So Booher needs to have some really bad seasons to win coach of the year? I think the pick is terrible IMO.

Thats not what I said. I was just saying the way he has turned around the program he deserves it more than anyone. Dont get me wrong, Booher and Williams are very very worthy candidates, but I think Johnny had a lock on it.