Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite Pro Wrestler?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who is your favorite pro wrestler and why? Mine is gotta be "the hardcore ledgend" Mick Foley (AkA Mankind, Dude Love, and my favorite Cactus Jack!) because just of the simple fact that hes a "hardcore" ledgend.
I've got a few-
The Sandman
Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal Sabu!
Taz
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Hawk and Animal The Legion of Doom!!!!!
Chris Benoit is my favorite and the four Horseman when it was Flair, Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit and Dean Malinko!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Chris Benoit is my favorite and the four Horseman when it was Flair, Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit and Dean Malinko!

Man you cant even consider them the Four Horseman.

Now Ole Anderson, Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, and Arn Anderson were the best in wrestling at the time. And were the original Four Horseman.
Jake"The Snake"Roberts, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair
Stone Cold and the Hulkster...
Stone Cold
The Undertaker
The Rock
Mick Foley

In that order.
The Outsiders Kevin Nash and Razor Romon ...Stone Cold.....The Rock...Hardy Boyz
Under Taker...Anybody remember when the under taker first started wrestling, he was known as Mean Mark....lol
Current
HBK Shawn Michaels

Late 90's
Stone Cold Steve Austin

Early 90's
Mr. Perfect
Dusty Rhodes(his stint with the WWF/WWE)
Macho Man Randy Savage(My favorite all time)
Nasty Boys(Tag Team)

Late 80's
Ultimate Warrior(huge in the early 90's as well)
Rockers(Tag Team)
Jake "the Snake" Roberts

Early 80's
Hulk Hogan
JYD
Roddy Piper
Andre the Giant
Hillbilly Jim

ETC...
Moe Wrote:Current
HBK Shawn Michaels

Late 90's
Stone Cold Steve Austin

Early 90's
Mr. Perfect
Nasty Boys(Tag Team)

Late 80's
Rockers(Tag Team)
Jake "the Snake" Roberts

Early 80's
Hulk Hogan
JYD
Roddy Piper
Andre the Giant
Hillbilly Jim

ETC...

Moe did you ever get a chance to watch the Macho Man Randy Savage, Bob Orton and Ronnie Garvin and the others when they wrestled in the Eastern Ky Area. I remember seeing Pez Whatley and Leaping Lenny at the old Hecks in Prestonsburg.
Gotta be Stone Cold and The Rock
Samoa Joe
Angle
Undertaker
Sting
Ric Flair

I hate Hogan!!!!!!!!
Randy Savage and Scott Hall
macho man
hulk hogan
hbk
stone cold steve austin
the unertaker
ric flair
and here recently
john cena
The Undertaker
The Rock
John Cena
Shawn Michaels
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Chris Benoit is my favorite and the four Horseman when it was Flair, Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit and Dean Malinko!
I am just saying that this was the horseman of my generation that I remember. Malinko was an odd horseman though I must admit but still liked him!
Old School Wrote:Moe did you ever get a chance to watch the Macho Man Randy Savage, Bob Orton and Ronnie Garvin and the others when they wrestled in the Eastern Ky Area. I remember seeing Pez Whatley and Leaping Lenny at the old Hecks in Prestonsburg.
No, I never had an oppertunity to, I wish I could have though. They said Randy Savage was in this area alot in the late 70's though. Someone actually told me that they bootleged moonshine for him once. I'm not sure how true that was though. He was as good as they came in the ring.
Stone Cold Steve Austin... and thats the bottom line
Stone Cold,The Legion Of Doom,and The Nature Boy Ric flair whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Moe Wrote:No, I never had an oppertunity to, I wish I could have though. They said Randy Savage was in this area alot in the late 70's though. Someone actually told me that they bootleged moonshine for him once. I'm not sure how true that was though. He was as good as they came in the ring.

Savage was a member of a promotion based in Lexington headed by his Dad (Angelo Poffo) it was called "ICW." I watched them live many times in Prestonsburg, Pikeville and even Virgie.
raws on in 5 minutes
I couldnt really name a favorite, but here are a few
AJ Styles
Somoa Joe
Macho Man
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
Rey Mysterio
Ric Flair
Stone Cold
Shawn Michaels
Mick Foley
Best wrestler I ever saw Bret Hart, he was the Best I ever saw in the ring, he was the

Best Showman: The Rock and Mick Foley. their rock and sock connection was pure gold.

Best feuds: Ricky Steamboat vs.Ric Flair and Roddy Piper vs. Greg Valentine, Snuka, and Hogan.

Tagteams: Freebirds, Road Warriors, Austin Idol and Jerry lawler

Best gimmick for some reason i still crack up when I think about Screaming Norman Smiley, and dewayne gills gilberg

For those of you that didnt get to experience ICW here a little info about a federation including some of its better known wrestlers. And not only did the travel to Virgie but they also traveled to Wheelwright, McDowell and Marlows Country palace.
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pro...-poffo.htm

During the same time you could watch Mid Atlantic which had a who's who stable of great wrestlers, http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pro...antic.html

and how many of you can remember South Eastern Wrestling out of the tri cities, with Les Thatcher on the mic. http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pro.../secw.htmlThey had a decent stable and some awesome storylines including Ronnie Garvins total destruction of Andre the giant at a match in Kingsport to prevent the Andre from defeating Harley Race who was the NWA Champion. But the funnest thing I think i ever saw was the Match where Garvin Hit Boris Melinko(deans father) and knocked his false teeth out and Garvin proceeded to stomp them into little pieces, true wrestling Gold
When I use to work the circuit I had the pleasure to work with Wahoo McDaniel, tag with Mick Foley for 6 days, wrestle some really interesting people. If you read the book by Foley you will be able to understand the situation that we went thru in Ohio. Our promoter left with all the money and did not pay us. Also Maddog Fisher was the one who stiffed Foley on the secod tour we did. Have you ever seen a pro wrestler pull a 45 and tell a promoter to pay or else... Yea it happens. Now for my list. These guys I worked with.

Cheif Wahoo McDaniel- hardest chest slap in the business. worse than Flair..
Mick Foley- drank beer with him in our underware at the bar on Rt. 52 in Southpoint, Ohio. Yea in our underware. He was actually the most interesting and supportive wrestler for someone starting out. He helped a great deal in the business.
The Trooper
Nikita Koloff
Ivan Koloff
Ronnie Garvin
The Wild Samoans
The Masked Superstars
Mr. Wrestling 2
Lex Luger
Jimmy Valiant- best gimmick wrestler to work in the ring. Alot of heat from the crowd.
Rolling Thunder- east Coast Championship Wrestling
Calipso- ECCW
Joe Powers- ECCW
Brian Pillman -was good to work with on shows, had alot of girls that followed.

These are some of the guys I use to work with in Independent Circuit.
Great Memories to relive,, great topic.

Oh Yea I use to work as ThunderDragon for ECCW, NCW,WCW and local Independent shows.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:When I use to work the circuit I had the pleasure to work with Wahoo McDaniel, tag with Mick Foley for 6 days, wrestle some really interesting people. If you read the book by Foley you will be able to understand the situation that we went thru in Ohio. Our promoter left with all the money and did not pay us. Also Maddog Fisher was the one who stiffed Foley on the secod tour we did. Have you ever seen a pro wrestler pull a 45 and tell a promoter to pay or else... Yea it happens. Now for my list. These guys I worked with.

Mick Foley- drank beer with him in our underware at the bar on Rt. 52 in Southpoint, Ohio. Yea in our underware. He was actually the most interesting and supportive wrestler for someone starting out. He helped a great deal in the business.
The Trooper
Nikita Koloff
Ivan Koloff
Ronnie Garvin
The Wild Samoans
The Masked Superstars
Mr. Wrestling 2
Lex Luger
Jimmy Valiant- best gimmick wrestler to work in the ring. Alot of heat from the crowd.
Calipso- ECCW
Joe Powers- ECCW

Oh Yea I use to work as ThunderDragon for ECCW, NCW,WCW and local Independent shows.

I love to watch wrestling and have watched it my entire life. only had one chance to catch a live event and it was at the Fallsburg Elem school here in Lawrence Co. And it was the stars of Smokey Mtn Wrestling.

Barry Windam , The Rock and Roll Express were the main attraction that night. It was a blast.

Oh I take that back i also watched them at the high school as well. That night was a blast had a female fan attack one of the female wrestlers and let me say this the fan got her ass kicked. lol.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:When I use to work the circuit I had the pleasure to work with Wahoo McDaniel, tag with Mick Foley for 6 days, wrestle some really interesting people. If you read the book by Foley you will be able to understand the situation that we went thru in Ohio. Our promoter left with all the money and did not pay us. Also Maddog Fisher was the one who stiffed Foley on the secod tour we did. Have you ever seen a pro wrestler pull a 45 and tell a promoter to pay or else... Yea it happens. Now for my list. These guys I worked with.

The Trooper
Nikita Koloff
Ivan Koloff
Ronnie Garvin
The Wild Samoans
The Masked Superstars
Mr. Wrestling 2
Lex Luger
Calipso- ECCW
Joe Powers- ECCW

Do you have any old videos that you could post, Man I love the old days of wrestling.
Singles

The Undertaker
HBK
John Cena
AJ Styles
Kane
Sting
Stone Cold Steve Austin

Tag Team(s)

Legion of Doom
The Rockers
The Bushwhackers
Brothers of Destruction (Kane & The Undertaker)

Factions

Ministry of Darkness
DX
NWO (Wolfpack)
i watched ICW at Johns Creek and Mullins Ronnie Garvin cursed at me one night and macho took my chair.
Moe Wrote:Current
HBK Shawn Michaels

Late 90's
Stone Cold Steve Austin

Early 90's
Mr. Perfect
Nasty Boys(Tag Team)

Late 80's
Rockers(Tag Team)
Jake "the Snake" Roberts

Early 80's
Hulk Hogan
JYD
Roddy Piper
Andre the Giant
Hillbilly Jim

ETC...

how could hbk be your favorite current wrestler and you didnt even like him in the 90s. he was THE MAN back then. he was revolutionary with hhh and chyna in DX
Pages: 1 2 3