Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee To Announce New Head Coach Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like it's going to be Greg Schiano. Not really sure about this move. Tennessee fans will probably be up in arms over the hire. Any thoughts?
I'm kind of shocked at the pick. I wonder how many coaches turned the Vols down?
Doubt this happens after the fans had their way today. Been hilarious watching this happen
Wow what a ridiculous move. This will set them back even further.

I love it
Demarcus ware Wrote:Doubt this happens after the fans had their way today. Been hilarious watching this happen

Looks like you are correct.
Watch for them to go after Petrino, Taggart, Kiffin, Or Sumlin. One of those
I hope they get Kiffin. A return would be crazy.. lol
Forgot one. Mike Leach. He would definitely go to Knoxville.
Yes kiffin would be crazy but he would win and recruit well there. But UT would have to make it impossible for him to leave. He would be a risk. Risk worth it if i was UT.
Looks like to me they have a complete mess on there hands. I’m not sure any head coach in the country would take it now. Maybe one of these guys that just lost there job might take it.
Nah getting a new coach won’t be a problem. I can’t blame UT fans for that one. Schiano shouldn’t be near a football field.
Craziest thing ive ever seen in my life.
What a smart move by UT fans.
Blame the Sandusky thing when in reality they just didn't want the coach
They painted "The Rock" with some slanderous things, if they aren't true!!
Granny Bear Wrote:They painted "The Rock" with some slanderous things, if they aren't true!!
Well he is in court documents as knowing even if he denies it..While i don't agree UT fans used that to destroy the man, i wouldn't want him as a coach either. Just for the fact that he isn't a very good coach..
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What a smart move by UT fans.
Blame the Sandusky thing when in reality they just didn't want the coach
Smart yes, but very questionable..I do think it would have been a horrible hire, but seeing as i hate UT i was pulling for it. lol..
Imagine had he actually became the coach through al what took place yesterday.
Spud6 Wrote:Imagine had he actually became the coach through al what took place yesterday.
Yeah that would have been tragic for that AD there. Same AD that ran Frank Martin out of town at Kansas State. He's not a very popular man.
I wonder why Tennessee can't get a big name coach? Smile
UT hiring process is becoming a disaster.
UT is going after Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State. Plane heading down there now, would like seeing him in the SEC.
Demarcus ware Wrote:UT is going after Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State. Plane heading down there now, would like seeing him in the SEC.

He turned them down.it seems nobody wants to come to Knoxville. Can they pay Saban to come ? :biglmao:
If there would have been anything to keep the stoops hire from happening, it shoulda been done.
Especially now that he came out and said House will remain D coordinator today
pjdoug Wrote:He turned them down.it seems nobody wants to come to Knoxville. Can they pay Saban to come ? :biglmao:
Sure did. They are gonna have to reach to the bottom of the barrel now it seems lol
Talking to Jeff Brohm I believe. Would be a good hire for them IMO
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Talking to Jeff Brohm I believe. Would be a good hire for them IMO

I think they made him an offer then tried to offer him less. next Confusednicker:
Lville fans will shit.
They've been wanting brohm for a long time
They offered Brohm and he accepted, Currie UT AD went to the chancellor to get the approval, he denied it, Currie went back to Brohm with a lesser offer and Brohm declined. UT is now looking at NC State head coach
This place is crazy right now
Pages: 1 2