Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Alabama Deserve A Playoff Spot ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I understand there is a lot of football yet to be played, but does Alabama deserve a spot in the four team playoff? Auburn has obviously knocked them out of the SEC championship, and they will face Georgia in the title game. As of right now, do you think Alabama deserves a spot in the playoffs?
I would say No IF Oklahoma and Wisconsin both win their conference title games this week. If either lose, I think Bama sneaks in as the fourth team. I think Clemson/Miami winner and Auburn/Georgia winner gets in no matter what. If both Oklahoma and Wisconsin lose, I’m afraid we will get Alabama and Ohio State as the third and fourth teams. I really hope that doesn’t happen.
When will the NCAA move to put teams in is playoff picture. It'll never be cut and dry, but eight teams would get the conference champions in from all of the power five conferences and three at large. If one extra game is such a big problem as some of the college coaches are proposing, then cut one regular season game from all the teams schedule. Also as far as bowl games go, play the first round at the higher seed would change nothing for the bowls. As far as Alabama goes for this year, I would put them in if there are going to be a two loss team(s) in the playoffs. I my opinion there is no doubt that Alabama is one of the four best teams in the nation right now.
Alabama should be ahead of all two loss teams.
E's Army Wrote:Alabama should be ahead of all two loss teams.

Hard to put them in front of auburn
Van Hagar Wrote:I would say No IF Oklahoma and Wisconsin both win their conference title games this week. If either lose, I think Bama sneaks in as the fourth team. I think Clemson/Miami winner and Auburn/Georgia winner gets in no matter what. If both Oklahoma and Wisconsin lose, I’m afraid we will get Alabama and Ohio State as the third and fourth teams. I really hope that doesn’t happen.

I think Clemson should be first team out, they lost to a 4-8 Syracuse team.
Nope. Ohio State is 100% out. The comity pretty much said if Okla loses to TCU, they would still get into the playoff over OSU, even if OSU beats Wiskey, because of head to head win over OSU @ OSU. I think Clemson, Okla. Georgia, Alabama all get in. Can see Auburn having a huge let down this week, after beating Alabama. I'm just happy OSU won't be in the playoff games this year, or for that matter the Big Ten.