Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley v. Pikeville (15th Region Final)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
All 59th district final. SV won all the meetings earlier in the year.

Thoughts?
when and where is this final game?
I believe tomorrow at the East Kentucky Expo Center in Downtown Pikeville.
There shouldn't be any people other than the Pikeville faithful saying they will win, they couldn't win twice on their home court, and couldn't beat us at Valley, sorry Pikeville, you guys are taking a back seat to the Wildcats again! Tip-off is at 8:30!
rematch of the 59th district, going with Valley by 12
Pikeville is on a roll, but Valley will be too tough for the panthers. I'll go with Valley by 10.
i agree..
valley will pull it off once more..
by 10 at least.

even though pikeville will be playing hard..
just not hard enough to surpass the WILDCATSS!
Im gonna go with pikeville by the last second shot

Pike-71
S.V.-68
SV by 14. Too fast and good defense.
Should be an excellent game. Pikeville will be ready, but not be ready enough for the talented and young SV team!
hornetcrazy09 Wrote:Im gonna go with pikeville by the last second shot

Pike-71
S.V.-68

you must be a pikeville fan.
only they would say that!
In the 59th district championship game at Pikeville, Ashley was in foul trouble early but Valley still pulled it out. If Ashley is actually allowed to play in the post, because obviously the refs know the Adams boy isn't strong enough to dominate the post, so they have to call a foul anytime someone touches him. Valley will dominate this game, and we will be headed to Rupp!
catscratch24 Wrote:you must be a pikeville fan.

well im not a pikeville fan and i am going to say Pikeville in a very close one
Pville-71
Valley-69
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:There shouldn't be any people other than the Pikeville faithful saying they will win, you guys are taking a back seat to the Wildcats again!
Rolleyes I'll give you $5 dollars if you can say that with a straight faceSmile I won't be a bit suprised if our boys are the one's cutting the net down tomorrow night and goin to Rupp. But even if we don't win, we've had a great season and proved alot of people wrong by getting to the Region Finals. It's been a great/fun year, good luck to both team's!!! But good luck espically to my Panthers! Bring the Region Title back home guys!
Im not from Pville but I am picking the upset. Pville guerds will give Valley trouble with their speed. Valley makes too many bad passes and Pville is playing with a lot of emotion right now. I just thought Valley played a little flat, it could have been because Belfry slowed it down but they just didnt impress me that much. Makes one wonder just how strong the schedule was for Valley this year.
I think I will make my score predictions after thinking about it some more. But here is where I think both teams strengths and weaknesses are.

Shelby Valley guards are a little quicker than Pikevilles, but I give the strength advantage to Pikeville in the guard spots. Outside shooting, I feel like both are about even. Paint play, if they let them play and not call touch fouls, Shelby Valley has better inside scoring, but Pikeville is stronger inside on defense.

I feel like the bigger court hurts both teams presses. Both teams played hard games tonight. I think the attendance will be bigger tomorrow night than it was tonight at 4,223. I can only imagine how both student sections will be. I just hope both teams can play the game injury free and may the players decide the outcome.
catscratch24 Wrote:you must be a pikeville fan.

Be quiet and LET THE GAME BEGIN!!!!!!Rolleyes
Will be an interesting game! Will be pulling for Coach Williams and the Panthers! I think he will have them ready for the game and if SV continues to play he way they have, you just might see an upset at the Expo! Good Luck Panthers!
Panther#42 Wrote:Rolleyes I'll give you $5 dollars if you can say that with a straight faceSmile I won't be a bit suprised if our boys are the one's cutting the net down tomorrow night and goin to Rupp. But even if we don't win, we've had a great season and proved alot of people wrong by getting to the Region Finals. It's been a great/fun year, good luck to both team's!!! But good luck espically to my Panthers! Bring the Region Title back home guys!

Excellent post. I think this pretty much sums it up.
One thing is for sure, if two years ago someone said that Pikeville would be in the region finals... they would have been put in that soft room taking little white pills from those nice men in white coats.
Panthers playing with a whole lot of emotion. They have nothing to lose. This is March Madness and I think they will upset Valley in another record setting crowd.
Bart Williams is one of my most favorite people in the world...If he gets to Rupp, we will be waiting to watch him !!! but if he doesnt...He will still have a team that he coached into the 15th region finals in two years of coaching. Go Panthers...Give em' hell and let me see a game at Rupp and not have to listen on the internet!!!!! If not...my computer will still be on for years to come and I am positive that you will get here!!!!! GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!:redboxer:
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:In the 59th district championship game at Pikeville, Ashley was in foul trouble early but Valley still pulled it out. If Ashley is actually allowed to play in the post, because obviously the refs know the Adams boy isn't strong enough to dominate the post, so they have to call a foul anytime someone touches him. Valley will dominate this game, and we will be headed to Rupp!

In the Famous Words of Doc Holliday....."tell your bunch We're coming...and BELL's coming with us"!!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin
thepharmacist Wrote:In the Famous Words of Doc Holliday....."tell your bunch We're coming...and BELL's coming with us"!!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin
Amen! The Panther squad and fans will be rockin tomorrow!
Valley!
Wow things are definitly going to be electrict tomorrow night, going to try and make it down there early. This will be great game. And I predict the attendence record will be broken again....WOW...I cant wait!!!
have to go with the panthers in a close one
I think Pikeville is gonna take this one. They are on a good role right now and as long as they don't get in early foul trouble, they'll be fine. My pick is Coach Williams and the Panthers by 5+.

GOOD LUCK to both teams and whoever goes to Rupp!!
Moe Wrote:Wow things are definitly going to be electrict tomorrow night, going to try and make it down there early. This will be great game. And I predict the attendence record will be broken again....WOW...I cant wait!!!
Tell me about it man, im so pumped about tomorrow's game
9 games out of 10.. SV takes this one.. It possible Pikeville could upset.. But I don't see it

SV by 10
Pages: 1 2 3