Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee High School Football State Semis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With so many games played this year between Ky and Tn teams, I figured I'd post the teams left in the semis. You'll notice several teams that KY teams have beat this year in the final 4 of their classes.

1A

13-0 South Pitt @ 12-1 Greenback
11-2 Lake County @ 12-1 Cornersville

2A

11-2 Tyner @ 10-3 Rockwood
11-2 Union City @ 12-1 Columbia Academy

3A

11-2 Red Bank @ 11-2 Alcoa
12-1 Covington @ 11-2 Pearl Cohn

4A

10-3 Marshall Co. @ 13-0 Greeneville
11-2 Haywood @ 10-3 Springfield

5A

10-3 Knox Cath @ 8-5 Knoxville Central
9-4 Brighton @ 13-0 Beech

6A

13-0 Oakland @ 12-1 Maryville
11-2 Whitehaven @ 12-1 Cane Ridge

The following classes are Division 2 classes for Privates small, medium, and large. All of the games are already down to the championship due to less teams in each class and all games will be played Dec 2nd (Privates that play in the regular 6 classes above are required to use 1.5 multiplier to determine their class.)

All games are at Tennessee Tech University

Division II - Class A

13-0 Friendship Christian vs. 10-3 DCA

Division II - Class 2A

11-1 Notre Dame vs. 12-0 Lusanne

Division II - Class 3A

12-0 Brentwood Academy vs. 11-2 Montgomery Bell Academy
Which teams lost to a KY team this year? I only see Alcoa.
Union city lost to mayfield 40 to 0. They are a typical tn team 1 dimensional team run hard up the gut no pass at all team
Alcoa only other loss 28-24 to 6a maryville.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Alcoa only other loss 28-24 to 6a maryville.

Wow! I knew they lost but I never bothered looking at the score, I just figured they got beat pretty good. I still think Alcoa is the best team we'll play this year regardless of what happens in the next two weeks. Them playing Maryville that close gives me a good warm fuzzy feeling about our team!!
Hound05 Wrote:Wow! I knew they lost but I never bothered looking at the score, I just figured they got beat pretty good. I still think Alcoa is the best team we'll play this year regardless of what happens in the next two weeks. Them playing Maryville that close gives me a good warm fuzzy feeling about our team!!

That good warm fuzzy feeling is bourbon...
Hound05 Wrote:Wow! I knew they lost but I never bothered looking at the score, I just figured they got beat pretty good. I still think Alcoa is the best team we'll play this year regardless of what happens in the next two weeks. Them playing Maryville that close gives me a good warm fuzzy feeling about our team!!

I agree with whay you're saying, but Maryville is the Maryville of the past decade or so. A coaching change and rebuild mode is under way. Not saying most teams still wouldn't want to be them, but it's not the juggernaut they had reecently been. They should get beat this Friday. TBH, even though I haven't seen them play, I would imagine Central is really close to Alcoa in terms of speed, athleticism, etc.
It's going to be hard to beat them on the road.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I agree with whay you're saying, but Maryville is the Maryville of the past decade or so. A coaching change and rebuild mode is under way. Not saying most teams still wouldn't want to be them, but it's not the juggernaut they had reecently been. They should get beat this Friday. TBH, even though I haven't seen them play, I would imagine Central is really close to Alcoa in terms of speed, athleticism, etc.
It's going to be hard to beat them on the road.
It’s hard to say about them. Corbin got a new coach was way better off the next year after Haddix took over. They also beat a Knoxville Cath. Team. This next part isn’t directed towards you at all, I actually enjoy your posts, But it’s funny that everyone corbin beat is either down or overrrated even when comparing those teams to the wins they’ve got on their resumes. But on the flip side central beat a questionable belfry team and everyone is trying to give them the trophy after one weeks results, and just ignoring the last 12 games. It don’t bother me, I actually hope they keep doing it, it’s more material for our boys. But the tint they have on their glasses and hatred for corbin is comical. Especially When they try to justify it with that example or their football “knowledge”.
Hound05 Wrote:It’s hard to say about them. Corbin got a new coach was way better off the next year after Haddix took over. They also beat a Knoxville Cath. Team. This next part isn’t directed towards you at all, I actually enjoy your posts, But it’s funny that everyone corbin beat is either down or overrrated even when comparing those teams to the wins they’ve got on their resumes. But on the flip side central beat a questionable belfry team and everyone is trying to give them the trophy after one weeks results, and just ignoring the last 12 games. It don’t bother me, I actually hope they keep doing it, it’s more material for our boys. But the tint they have on their glasses and hatred for corbin is comical. Especially When they try to justify it with that example or their football “knowledge”.

I'll give you more bulletin board material. Corbin hasn't beat a good team yet without help. The only 3 they played was Mayfield, beechwood, and Alcoa. They lost to beechwood, won against Alcoa with the refs help, and won against a wounded Mayfield team aided by an shady play that has since been proven illegal by the New rules that was implemented a few years back. Also the mediocre Casey, and Whitley gave Corbin all they wanted. Corbin is in trouble friday. You can thank me if it gets your boys fired up, and they win lol.
Remember when KY state finals used to have 2 good teams in the finals like TN does?
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Remember when KY state finals used to have 2 good teams in the finals like TN does?
You mean like back when Highlands was relevant in? Yeah, good ol’ Days, weren’t they? Lol. Just kidding, before you get your pitchforks and hot tar and feathers rounded up.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'll give you more bulletin board material. Corbin hasn't beat a good team yet without help. The only 3 they played was Mayfield, beechwood, and Alcoa. They lost to beechwood, won against Alcoa with the refs help, and won against a wounded Mayfield team aided by an shady play that has since been proven illegal by the New rules that was implemented a few years back. Also the mediocre Casey, and Whitley gave Corbin all they wanted. Corbin is in trouble friday. You can thank me if it gets your boys fired up, and they win lol.

Thanks, I’ll buy a side of French cries to with it too. It’s always the ref, or they weren’t good or some EXCUSE. But I don’t recall anyone asterisks by those wins. But yea by all means, keep it coming.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'll give you more bulletin board material. Corbin hasn't beat a good team yet without help. The only 3 they played was Mayfield, beechwood, and Alcoa. They lost to beechwood, won against Alcoa with the refs help, and won against a wounded Mayfield team aided by an shady play that has since been proven illegal by the New rules that was implemented a few years back. Also the mediocre Casey, and Whitley gave Corbin all they wanted. Corbin is in trouble friday. You can thank me if it gets your boys fired up, and they win lol.

That play was completely legal. Some folks just don't know the game.

Geez Kill That's harsh. Either way they beat a great Alcoa and MF, one play legal, illegal or whatever is not why we lost or Corbin won. Good Lucks Hounds! I would love for the team that beat us win the title
Ampipe (PA) would beat all those teams. As long as Rifleman takes a knee.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Geez Kill That's harsh. Either way they beat a great Alcoa and MF, one play legal, illegal or whatever is not why we lost or Corbin won. Good Lucks Hounds! I would love for the team that beat us win the title

I’d love to see mayfield take it as well! I think they’ve got as good a shot as anyone if the offense is clicking
Single Wing 77 Wrote:That play was completely legal. Some folks just don't know the game.

And some don’t know the rules.
Someone’s butthurt :lmao:
footballfever Wrote:And some don’t know the rules.

:eyeroll: Guess it’s unfortunate that the very pro Mayfield refs didn’t catch all the shoddy rule breaking that cost them the game
yea I was at the Alcoa corbin game one play was corbin run a option and the quarterback got decleated and the ref called hitting a defenslive player Alcoa got some home cooking that night from the refs id like to see the flag difference in that game
knox fan Wrote:yea I was at the Alcoa corbin game one play was corbin run a option and the quarterback got decleated and the ref called hitting a defenslive player Alcoa got some home cooking that night from the refs id like to see the flag difference in that game

Yep you’re right. It’s one big state wide conspiracy to help corbin out every game. I’m sure Knox co was better too they were just a victim of the same thing. I think we aligned with the Clinton foundation with all this. Jealousy breeds hatred, and apparently excuses for too. But Knox co never gets any of that home cookin. Just corbin. It’s funny, I seem to remember a game where a ref at Knox central’s old football field flagged corbin because of a Knox co fan being belligerent. Hahaha. It was a Knox fan with their colors on and some how they flag us? Haha pretty sure that isn’t in the rule book. Or when a player takes off his Helment, runs on the field and pushes our QB and doesn’t even have to come out the next play much less get a flag. If anyone on here that can talk about Home cooking it sure as H€ll can’t be a KNOX CO fan. But I’d go ahead and bet if Knox co was still in the playoffs you wouldn’t be on this thread crying about corbin.
Hound05 Wrote:Yep you’re right. It’s one big state wide conspiracy to help corbin out every game. I’m sure Knox co was better too they were just a victim of the same thing. I think we aligned with the Clinton foundation with all this. Jealousy breeds hatred, and apparently excuses for too. But Knox co never gets any of that home cookin. Just corbin. It’s funny, I seem to remember a game where a ref at Knox central’s old football field flagged corbin because of a Knox co fan being belligerent. Hahaha. It was a Knox fan with their colors on and some how they flag us? Haha pretty sure that isn’t in the rule book. Or when a player takes off his Helment, runs on the field and pushes our QB and doesn’t even have to come out the next play much less get a flag. If anyone on here that can talk about Home cooking it sure as H€ll can’t be a KNOX CO fan. But I’d go ahead and bet if Knox co was still in the playoffs you wouldn’t be on this thread crying about corbin.

Hound05 if you guys had aligned with the Clinton Foundation,you would have players from all over the world, might have sneaked them in with the uriamium that went out. Just having some fun not trying to be political but good luck tomorrow night and happy thanksgiving to the hounds
Patriot1 Wrote:Hound05 if you guys had aligned with the Clinton Foundation,you would have players from all over the world, might have sneaked them in with the uriamium that went out. Just having some fun not trying to be political but good luck tomorrow night and happy thanksgiving to the hounds

Don’t forget that everyone who talked bad about it would be.... ughhh... suicided... hahah

Thanks man you too. Hopefully them boys will carbo load more than FatPat and come with some energy and fire in them tomorrow. I really hope that fire is in their heart and not coming out their you know what. I’ve fell victim to that a time or two after some bad turkey. They should have a good relaxing trip up tomorrow and hopefully that’ll diminish that long drive. They’re taking a nice charter up there. So hopefully none of that will be an issue
The warm fuzzy feeling was from the calls Corbin got in the Alcoa game