Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Georgia 42 Kentucky 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Georgia has 46 rushing yds last week at Auburn then goes for 380 plus against Ky today. This Ky team once again shows they are the beneficiary record wise of a very weak schedule this year and are not capable of playing competitively with a top 20 team. A level of mediocrity that most Ky fans are happy with so enjoy? With Lamar Jackson and Bobby Petrino hungry for a little payback next Saturday gotta believe these Cats will be in trouble in their final game before a bowl....
When you have a freshmen WR throwing INT's and midget RB in on a key drive of the game how does any coach in his right mind expect to win against a team that was ranked #1 a few weeks ago?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Georgia has 46 rushing yds last week at Auburn then goes for 380 plus against Ky today. This Ky team once again shows they are the beneficiary record wise of a very weak schedule this year and are not capable of playing competitively with a top 20 team. A level of mediocrity that most Ky fans are happy with so enjoy? With Lamar Jackson and Bobby Petrino hungry for a little payback next Saturday gotta believe these Cats will be in trouble in their final game before a bowl....
Louisville will be looking for pay back for last years loss for sure. And Kentucky is definitely not a top 25 team. The losses to Mississippi State and Georgia were predictable though. Both are two very good teams (MSU showed that last week against Alabama). We'll see how good Georgia is in a couple of weeks when they play either Alabama or Auburn for the SEC title. Kentucky is improving and has benefited from Tennessee and Florida being way down this year. But in my humble opinion they have improved the last couple of years and if Stoops can keep getting better recruits, the sky is the limit. When the talent level get competitive in the SEC (they're close on the ones and in some places twos) they'll be competitive. At that point we can start talking about the schedule and coaching. But Kentucky isn't at that level yet. The old saying is: It's not the X's and the O's, it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's.
We don’t deserve Benny Snell Jr.
This is how far UK is away from being a decent team. Not a good team, or even SEC champion, but they're still 29 points away from cooperating with a top 15 team.
Meh. We still stink up the joint.
Georgia just to many athletes
Competed in the first half, dominated in the second. The small mistakes are still piling up, you can get away with those things against Vanderbilt, but not a competent top 25 team. Defensive line does NOT have the horses to compete with strong running teams.
Is anyone going to be happy with losing 3 in a row to finish the season(Georgia, Louisville, bowl game), and the second half at 2-5? Regardless of a 7-win season, what does this say about this program and Stoops when every season has had MAJOR letdowns in the second half of each season. Didn't they finish 2-5 last season? Anyone remember the 0-6 finish after being 5-1? This is not progress. Of course, this is just my opinion.
daredevil4life Wrote:Is anyone going to be happy with losing 3 in a row to finish the season(Georgia, Louisville, bowl game), and the second half at 2-5? Regardless of a 7-win season, what does this say about this program and Stoops when every season has had MAJOR letdowns in the second half of each season. Didn't they finish 2-5 last season? Anyone remember the 0-6 finish after being 5-1? This is not progress. Of course, this is just my opinion.
Yes there will be some that will. It’s just the way some UK football fans are.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yes there will be some that will. It’s just the way some UK football fans are.

I for one won’t be happy because I want to see us do well and yeah we’ve had a great season thus far. But a lot of bad has also happened, the loss to Florida hurt and then the loss to Ole Miss hurt even worse.

But I don’t see us beating Louisville with how the defense has been tackling because Lamar Jackson is one of the greatest athletes I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. But the Cats usually come to play against our in-state rival so who knows. Those missed tackles may not happen. But I think we have to win the bowl game for me to be even remotely satisfied.
Spud6 Wrote:I for one won’t be happy because I want to see us do well and yeah we’ve had a great season thus far. But a lot of bad has also happened, the loss to Florida hurt and then the loss to Ole Miss hurt even worse.

But I don’t see us beating Louisville with how the defense has been tackling because Lamar Jackson is one of the greatest athletes I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. But the Cats usually come to play against our in-state rival so who knows. Those missed tackles may not happen. But I think we have to win the bowl game for me to be even remotely satisfied.
I agree with everything you said. No excuse for losing to Florida. No excuse for playing close games to teams we should be blowing out. We do seem to have better athletes, but Stoops just doesn’t learn from his mistakes. They get a lead and Gran gets mental with his play calling. It’s the same mistakes over and over. We have benefitted from a very weak SEC East and this will show up against Louisville and in a bowl game. I hope we beat Louisville and prove me wrong. But if you can’t tackle then Jackson may have a field day. It will also show up during a bowl game. I seen somewhere there’s a chance we could play WVU. Lol. They aren’t world beaters but they would have a day passing on our defense. I really hope they beat UL and go on to win a bowl game against a decent team, prove me wrong. I’ll eat crow all day long. I’m just not jumping on this wagon if we are so much better like other think. Lose these next two games and someone better be on the hot seat.