Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 54 Ashland 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Putnam.

JC makes a statement.
And the REGION CHAMPS chany start from the JC players and students.....
Congrats to JC
Great teams win the games that matter

JC did tonight
Way to Eagles!!!!!
About as expected. It was lighting in the bottle in the regular season. Congrats Eagles, bring home another title.
Congratulations Eagles!!!
Question for Ashland? Will this year still be considered another mythical state championship season?
Congrats Johnson Central
Pulp Fiction Wrote:And the REGION CHAMPS chany start from the JC players and students.....

Said would be cakewalk as first game was a fluke.
The bigger and better team won the game. Ashland put up a good effort and this was still a game headed into the 4th quarter, but Johnson Central just had too many big bodies and Ashland could not stop their running game.
Ashland didn't quit.... When Ashland got the scoop & score TD early in the 1st qtr., Everybody was thinking.... "Here we go again".

But JC answered back. JC got some big stops on D, an onside kick recovery and was able to run the ball at will. Don't remember how many times JC stopped Ashland on 4th down, but it was a couple times at least. Our Off. & Def. lines dominated all night.

Ashland got some big plays with their passing game, but our secondary is much improved from the last game. Ratliff kept them in the game. He was able to scramble and get some big 1st downs and extend the play. Ashland couldn't stop JC's running game.
https://mobile.twitter.com/DIndependentQ...1376864256

Johnson Central not only has some big line players, they’ve got some hard headed running backs. Check out this hit the Ashland defender puts on the Johnson Central running back. The defender stays down and the back pops up. This little video kind of tells the story of the game tonight, a lot of all out effort from Ashland, but Johnson Central is just too tough.
Putty tats had no answer for the JC running game.
Congratulations to Johnson Central you must have played a great game on to the next one
The return of sophomore running back Cody Rice tonight was a huge plus for the Golden Eagles. He rushed for over 100 yards in the first half alone in his first game of the year. That must have been quite a shock for Ashland's coaching staff.

It sounded like a great team effort tonight against a Tomcats team that was much better than I thought. I doubt that JC will face a better quarterback and receiver corps in the playoffs than they faced tonight.
I didn’t make a pick this game, my gut said JC by as much as they wanted. A lot of people picked against them not on here talking must have that mouth full of crow. Congrats JC looks like shoot out with WC
Westside Wrote:Question for Ashland? Will this year still be considered another mythical state championship season?

Leave the Tomcats alone on this one. Ashland had a really good year. Coach Love did a fine job with this year. Kudos to JC on the big win. Bring one back to eastern Ky for us!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The return of sophomore running back Cody Rice tonight was a huge plus for the Golden Eagles. He rushed for over 100 yards in the first half alone in his first game of the year. That must have been quite a shock for Ashland's coaching staff.

It sounded like a great team effort tonight against a Tomcats team that was much better than I thought. I doubt that JC will face a better quarterback and receiver corps in the playoffs than they faced tonight.

You'll change your mind Friday.
Congrats to JC. I figured with them being healthy they would be more than what Ashland could handle. Great season for the tomcats though.
Good job JC. I'll be cheering for you guys all the way.
Congrats JC. Now get ready for a good Wayne County team.
pjdoug Wrote:You'll change your mind Friday.
No, my expectation will not change. Wayne Co.'s line may give their QB more time to find his targets than Ashland's small line did, but there is no reason for anybody doubting the talent of the Tomcats' quarterback. He is big, mobile, and has a strong, accurate arm.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, my expectation will not change. Wayne Co.'s line may give their QB more time to find his targets than Ashland's small line did, but there is no reason for anybody doubting the talent of the Tomcats' quarterback. He is big, mobile, and has a strong, accurate arm.

With an impeccable athletic pedigree that few can boast of. Also a native son/resident of Johnson Co.
poor poor putty tats.